Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:22 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Warnings: 0
Wendy47 wrote:
H2005, we did indeed get plastered (well some of us did anyway) after an absolutely horrible day.
The banker put a few hundred quid behind the bar to try and cheer us up and it would have been rude not to spend it.
It's hard when there have been a few games in a row that haven't gone well, especially when they were popular players who just didn't have luck on their side and it can have a 'knock on' effect on other players too.
You might be able to tell who made the most of the banker's 'generosity' tomorrow... Thank God for the make up girls....

At the end of the day, you've got to get on with it really. No, this isn't a rambling post, but do you try and stay positive when you have such luck?

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:25 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

When will this horrendous run of luck end? Val was an interesting enough contestant, but yet again the boxes didn't go in the player's favour. After hitting the £250k and £75k in the first round, it was going to be hard to recover to a decent offer. I don't blame her for taking £1,500 in the current climate, or indeed anytime because it was a fair offer for the board - but even that turned out to be the worst thing to do!

So far this season, we haven't been able to see if the attitudes have changed, in fact they've hardly had a decision to make offer-wise. Let's hope for a better game and more testing offers tomorrow, and avoid this week becoming the worst ever please!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:29 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Wow, three craptacular shows in a row now? This must be some kind of record, and if it's not, then it's pretty darn close to one. But as always, I remain confident that better times lie ahead. We'll see a big winner soon; I'm sure of it. And everyone seems to be right about the sob stories. Enough with them already. They make what should be a fun show to watch depressing and boring.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

At least she only dealt after all the life-changing money had gone and didn't bullsh*t about being a gambler. :)

I found the deal a little odd as she essentially had the second-best round possible from 5-box (let's face it, the 3 remaining blues were inter-changeable), and the offer only went up from £950 to £1,500, amounts which essentially would hardly be any different to me, so I thought she would go for it on the basis of having turned down the £950. At least the offers were fair for the board today, but still they never reached anything particularly wonderful.

I fear for whoever gets a good board is going to deal becuase they're just so rare they'll think the luck can't last, even though we all want them to go for it, and then I fear for the forum's sanity. :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:15 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Yet again another game full of bad luck. Val was nice enough, though I felt it was worth taking a gamble at the end to try and win £5,000, but then I guess with all the luck (or lack of) in the Dream Factory at the moment a deal seemed the safest option.

Hopefully we can get a big money game tommorow and finally get season 4 off to a good start.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:51 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

I don't see anything wrong with her taking the Deal, after the luck she had, it was quite understandable. She was a nice lady as well.

But we do need a nice big win or an OPW soon, preferably today.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Something of a cruel game, the board wasn't as harsh as it was for Nikki the day before perhaps but still proved rather relentless. Val came across as a pleasant enough charector, though not especially memorable, and she deserved better luck.

Oh well, maybe today will be better

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:36 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Oh dear. That is all.

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Wendy47 wrote:
H2005, we did indeed get plastered (well some of us did anyway) after an absolutely horrible day.
The banker put a few hundred quid behind the bar to try and cheer us up and it would have been rude not to spend it.
It's hard when there have been a few games in a row that haven't gone well, especially when they were popular players who just didn't have luck on their side and it can have a 'knock on' effect on other players too.
You might be able to tell who made the most of the banker's 'generosity' tomorrow... Thank God for the make up girls....

It's great having you here Wendy with the gossip. I thought Val was a brill character but what a shame she didn't go on. But as I have said before you have to think about the person and what that money would mean to them in their situation. Whereas she could have had a good cry, she showed great dignity and Nikki did too to be fair, just saw her at the end breaking down at the credits. You all deserved a good drink you really did.

Wendy47

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:18 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Tell you what Tricky, there are some good games coming up, but not neccessarily for the outcomes (if you know what I mean).

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]