Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:49 pm Last visit was: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08 split split
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
LOl I just knew as soon as she took the £1500 she would blow the 5K!

Meh game!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

redrum666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08
Permanently Banned

Well, yet again, we get another miserable and depressing start to the game, followed by a slow collapse (which wasn't Val's fault but down to pretty dreadful luck) and for the 3rd day running, a game that just didn't even get off the ground. Val took her misfortune relatively well and when she turned it round to a 50p/£5,000 finish I was urging her to go for it. As it happened, the £1,500 was a fair offer and I wasn't exactly surprised that she jumped ship there, if not a tad disappointed. Halfway through week 1 and nothing has changed however... then again, that was all 1 filming day so maybe (I won't hold my breath) tomorrow will be better.

Profile E-mail  

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

She did get to 2 box at least. Admittedly driven on by some very poor offers.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08
Permanently Banned

LOl I just knew as soon as she took the £1500 she would blow the 5K!

Meh game!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

basicasic wrote:
Jeez.

She said she never gambles on anything. :roll:

Proves my point about money-grabbers. They're just there to grab a few thousand and run. No intention of playing the game. Pathetic.

She didn't take the £4,000. She didn't take the £6,000. I was actually happy with this game, the best of the series yet to be honest. I would have been just as inclined to accept £1500 on that gamble

Also a Eurovision enthusiast and fellow member of #teambat.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08
Permanently Banned

I do agree with that point though - whats the point in dealing a lower offer than previous much higher offers you declined when you come into a all or nothing situation like that, you may as well just go for it.

It wasn't too bad a deal in terms of offer generousity but it was definatly a quick cop out from her!

redrum666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08
Permanently Banned

Aaron Brock wrote:
basicasic wrote:
Jeez.

Proves my point about money-grabbers. They're just there to grab a few thousand and run. No intention of playing the game. Pathetic.

She didn't take the £4,000. She didn't take the £6,000. I was actually happy with this game, the best of the series yet to be honest. I would have been just as inclined to accept £1500 on that gamble

That's not much of an accolade :P

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08
Permanently Banned

redrum666 wrote:
Aaron Brock wrote:
basicasic wrote:
Jeez.

Sad thing is it might well be as good as it gets! lol

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

SrWilson wrote:
redrum666 wrote:
Aaron Brock wrote:
basicasic wrote:
Jeez.

Sad thing is it might well be as good as it gets! lol

I wouldn't disagree actually

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Well, I did watch it but once again a repeat of yesterday's game is followed by a worthless deal :(

How much longer do we have to put up with this bad luck? :?

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:12 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08
Permanently Banned

Another morbid gloomy sob story preceded an equally depressing game. The show had all the pizzaz of a funeral on a wet Monday; which somehow seemed appropriate when we consider the show's preoccupation with death and disaster. It wasn't helped of course by the continued lousy luck of the boxes but we were on a loser no matter what happened. Val would have dealt for the price of a holiday to Italy with a golden board up there so at least we were spared that.

Her stating 'I never gamble on anything' put the tin-hat on it and in a way I'm glad she had a trainwreck as it would have stuck in my gullet if she'd had a good board and squandered it. And she would have.

Is it to much to ask for a decent board and someone to actually play it?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:15 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

basicasic wrote:
Another morbid gloomy sob story preceded an equally depressing game. The show had all the pizzaz of a funeral on a wet Monday; which somehow seemed appropriate when we consider the show's preoccupation with death and disaster. It wasn't helped of course by the continued lousy luck of the boxes but we were on a loser no matter what happened. Val would have dealt for the price of a holiday to Italy with a golden board up there so at least we were spared that.

Her stating 'I never gamble on anything' put the tin-hat on it and in a way I'm glad she had a trainwreck as it would have stuck in my gullet if she'd had a good board and squandered it. And she would have.

Yes, Indeed it is.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

basicasic wrote:

As far as seeing it being a random game, I'm afraid it is too much to ask :(

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:00 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08
Administrator & Global Moderator

Val was a likeable old gal but the shocking bad luck was still hanging around like a bad smell in a lift! :(

At least she got respectable offers unlike yesterday. The deal at the end wasn't shocking but it'd have been nice to see her play on and get the £5k out of the game.

I sense (maybe Wendy or another contestant could confirm this) that the current 22 are rather down at the moment... and who can blame them after the poor run of games they'd have recorded in the past few days. Hopefully after Val's game they got plastered on the drinking money from Nikki's game and they'll be more positive and lively tomorrow. :P

Profile E-mail  

old bird

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: old bird    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

I knew she would deal at that £1,500 Val the predictable, how pathetic im so annoyed :roll: yet again we have another s*** game this week :verymad

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

This is awful stuff. Two trainwrecks, and then an ultimate Banker win when the player decides not to risk a third straight blue win.

I know the £1,500 offer was laughable, but imagine if she had declined it and won the 50p if it was on the table, that would have IMO been a lot worse.

Such dire luck so far though! :shock:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

Just seen today's game on More4. She seemed a nice lady, and didn't deserve this type of game.
I probably would've no dealt the last offer though.

Damn, this is a great kick-off to season 4, three games in a row where the banker kicks the players' buttholes.
Surely we're due a banker spannking sometime soon? :P

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08
Administrator & Global Moderator

Total payout so far this week is just £5,380.50 (including Brian's extra payout). With just 3 shows before the end of the week, this week is on course to be the worst ever by quite a large margin!!

Profile E-mail  

mizz-millie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:35 pm    Author: mizz-millie    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

todays game was harsh! £250,000 came out first pretty bad! :-D

Profile E-mail  

Wendy47

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:00 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Val 27/08

H2005, we did indeed get plastered (well some of us did anyway) after an absolutely horrible day.
The banker put a few hundred quid behind the bar to try and cheer us up and it would have been rude not to spend it.
It's hard when there have been a few games in a row that haven't gone well, especially when they were popular players who just didn't have luck on their side and it can have a 'knock on' effect on other players too.
You might be able to tell who made the most of the banker's 'generosity' tomorrow... Thank God for the make up girls....

Profile E-mail  
 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]