Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

Warnings: 0
Ouch, hopefully tomorrow we will have a good game on the third episode of season four. :smt009

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08
Administrator & Global Moderator

basicasic wrote:
Also it demonstrates why Brians handout at the end of yesterdays show was so unfair. I would have thought Nikki was just as deserving if not more so having had the worst game of all time.

Oh yes... the "handout" at the end of today's game wasn't too bad, but it does make Brian's handout stand out like a sore thumb when Nikki had a far worse game and wasn't given as much at the end...

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:21 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

So for the second episode of season 4 we get the worst game ever (in monetary terms). At least Nikki managed to remain calm and composed, despite the way the game went. It'll certainlly be a memorable game, just a shame it's for the worst game ever.

Will we ever see a more unlucky game than this? I doubt it.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08
Forum Games Moderator

Definitely unluckier than Tina's game.

At least she didn't start crying! :)

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:13 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

God, everyone I like has to end up winning a blue don't they? That was gutting but so bad it was funny at the same time. Even Derek Brown got an offer in the thousands, if only just! I wish the banker had offered something like Ed's 18p after the first round so £100 could bizzarely have been an OPW! :)

The banker was just a pantomime villian there, a joke first offer fair enough, but offering £1.99 and 45p with 75k still on the board? I thought this game was about making hard decisions. And 14p with 3k still on the board? I know it's difficult to offer anything to give the player a hard decision without being unreasonably generous on a weak board but come on! There's enough caution on the wings as it is without stupid offers like that. It feels like kicking someone when they're down. That's why people like Richard think they're getting such fabulous offers when they're not really.

Still at least she'll be remembered, and she was hot as well. ;-)

Can someone actually win a red tomorrow, and just from the gameplay too?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

I'd read in the spoilers section that Nikki's game was going down in legend for being bad, and I tuned into the More4 repeat to find that, indeed, the highest amount at 8-box was £3,000. Watching that go in the very next box - I couldn't bear to turn the volume up. Noel could barely bring himself to do the final link either. The brilliant start to Season 3 was always going to be hard to beat, but kicking off with two trainwrecks, well, what can you say? sdgthju

Mind you, if it all then went downhill in season 3, we can but hope it's only going up from here in season 4. And if that was me playing I'd have cheered when the £100 was revealed, as a 3-figure win seemed nigh-on impossible in the last two rounds!

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:17 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

Aww, poor Nikki - and she was so nice too :crying

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

Now, I enjoyed that game far much more than I did yesterday's even though the result/game was worse.

I really liked Nikki, a nice lady whose luck just didnt go for her.

Limited gimmicks (I think the money at the bar is a nice touch) and a general "normal" game.

Now we just need a decent result..

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:24 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

I was going to post a lovely picture of Nikki still smiling at the 6p offer....but then I remembered we're not allowed anymore, thanks to that pesky Endemol :angry

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:39 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

Here's a little video of all Nikki's offers - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6tA-8Or0XP0
And The Banker Singing - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HKCTXYa_ztQ

Yeah I know you're not allowed to post links and what not and I suspect it won't be up for long.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:29 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

h2005 wrote:
Oh yes... the "handout" at the end of today's game wasn't too bad, but it does make Brian's handout stand out like a sore thumb when Nikki had a far worse game and wasn't given as much at the end...

I'm not totally sure she got given that "handout" of the bubbly and money behind the bar, because the banker (I think) said it was on condition that she gave the supposed lucky charm to the next contestant - which she refused.

Not that it matters, because that game was beyond dreadful, worse than any other trainwreck we have ever seen. But that game was better than yesterday's ironically because it was so awful.

In the end, I have to admit I was hoping she'd break all the records and have an all-blue squashdown (and in the event she ended up with 7 blues!) I admired Nicky's positive attitude in the face of appalling luck. I can't believe that sequence of offers, and surely that will never be beaten, short of a contestant getting swaps all the way!

At least it was a return to evil banker and he didn't feel the need for (much of) a giveaway. Must be due a big money game tomorrow, though!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Craig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

What an awful game! Nikki was soo lovely and she didnt deserve the trainwreck of the game she got! But atleast she kept her dignity and smiled all the way through it which must be a very hard thing to do!

But still, you can get something nice with £100, might be a small nice thing but still!

Hard luck Nikki! But enjoy £100!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

Looks like I was wrong when I said that today's game would be better than yesterday's. It wasn't. That's 2 craptacular games in a row. I hope this trend doesn't continue. I remain confident that better days lie ahead for DoND UK. Just watch if you don't believe me.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:50 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

Oh that was just cruel. Poor Nikki, a beautiful, bubbly personality who you couldn't help but route for. she really did not deserve such appalling luck. Well done lass for not letting it get you down, a positive attitude may not ensure you win the big money but it does ensure you'll be fondly remembered

Wendy47

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08

Statsman, we definitely got the money behind the bar and Nikki got a bottle of bubbly.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:39 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: Nikki 26/08
International Forums Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
Board
1p
10p
50p

£5
£10
£50
£100

Just to point out how bad this board is, this is the 5th worst possible board at 7-box possible, out of 170,544 combinations. This is even more unlikely than having the lowest 5 in-play at 5-box, which is (only) 1 in 26,334.

[ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]