Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:29 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:29 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Adam 23/07
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Maybe as an alternative, the banker could say that there would be no 5-box offer if the sunburn option was found.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Adam 23/07

That was an ok show, nothing spectacular, but the mind games created by the "SUNBURN" option were at least quite interesting. I doubted that he would offer as much as £10,000 if he knew a penny was in the box, but equally the offer was pitched as if he didn't have any inside knowledge really.

I agree that he probably would have emphasised the 1p a bit more if it was there, and by the end I was almost certain he had the £50k, and would have taken the gamble in normal circumstances anyway. It's a shame he didn't go for it, the banker would've been reeling for days! But once again, he gaged the player correctly.

I think if you can't get a read on the banker in this situation, and you get an offer which you think is poor, then essentially it's just like playing a regular game, and the decision should be treated as such. It's when you get some kind of a read of a big value in the box, but the offer is good for the board, that the dilemma comes in whether to trust the conviction of your read to get the big money.

I still think if the banker is going to play the ultimate mind game at 5-box, he should offer the median...

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure about that...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Adam 23/07

My, I SO wanted him to take that gamble at the end there. Either he would win 50k which would have been absolutely awesome, or he'd have been the second Adam in the 1p club, which would also be rather cool. Selling 50k for 10k is just meh! :)

I genuinely struggled into reading anything whatsoever into the box contents on the basis of the 5-box offer, it wasn't obviously generous or stupidly low, so it could have just about meant anything. Also I knew "undeal" was coming so I couldn't read anything into that either - 20% is generally the norm on significant red v 1p....it would have been offered anyway even if the banker didn't know the contents.

Adam was good anyway, but I can't help thinking he'd have took the gamble without his mum there....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

jonny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:14 am    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Adam 23/07

James1978 wrote:
Adam was good anyway, but I can't help thinking he'd have took the gamble without his mum there....

Honestly, I felt that at the time, too. (Just a hunch, though)

BUT, before anyone starts whinging about the influence of relatives again, I have to say that having relatives in the audience made the shows that I saw much more enjoyable, as regards to personalising the game was concerned.

And hehe, I just knew that everyone would consider this just an "OK" game. It's funny, because I almost didn't care how "good" the shows/games were, they were all enjoyable regardless!

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:31 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Adam 23/07

Not a bad game but a bit of an anti-climax after the last couple of shows.

I think the Banker getting that psychological advantage at 5 box does make it harder for the players to continue, and while logic would dictate he wouldn't try the same trick twice, than Banker's never been the most logical of men to read.

So a tough one, i think the Banker's Gamble would have been worth taking with a higher fallback, even say £100, but for the risk of winning 1p i can see why he wouldn't want to risk it.

As far as having a relative in the audience goes, i do think that most of the time they are a benefit to the player and they do provide emotional support, relatively few i would say have had an overt influence on the game itself (though when they do it is infuriating), and i do think that without that back up some players have floundered just as badly. It must be nice to have someone there who will support your decision no matter what.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:41 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: Adam 23/07

Everytime people turn down the BG, they're beaten in the end.

The only person who accepted was Semi and he got good out of it. I'm starting to think the Bankers Gamble is pointless because nobody accepts it and he gets them cheap.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:13 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Adam 23/07

Out of the four games so far this week, this was probably the worst. I don't mean that in the sense that it was an awful game because it was ok. Just that the result wasn't great.

Nice to see more psychological games with the "sunburn" option, and the bankers gamble, which would have provided a very tense last few minutes had it been accepted.

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:40 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Adam 23/07

jiveclive wrote:
Everytime people turn down the BG, they're beaten in the end.

The only person who accepted was Semi and he got good out of it. I'm starting to think the Bankers Gamble is pointless because nobody accepts it and he gets them cheap.

It's not every time - Linda, Jess and Dirty George (I think?) would've all lost out if they'd taken it, and William yesterday would've got less money from it and gutted everyone in the studio (maybe not people on here though) - but too many players deal to avoid a blue win and that seems to be most of their thinking behind turning down the gamble. Which is perhaps a shame.

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]