Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 1 with Nikki contains the 1p

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

£2,200 is a bit insulting, even if 1p was still there.

I would have taken £4,500 (or even £4,000), though.

In the audience for Den's (2-Mar-2009, Show #974), Hannah's (3-Mar-2009, Show #975) and Rich's (4-Mar-2009, Show #976) episodes.
Probably the only non-UKer to be in the audience ever...

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

That's the second time the 1p's been left in the final two... :?

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

BOOYEAH! Get in! Get in!

In the audience for Den's (2-Mar-2009, Show #974), Hannah's (3-Mar-2009, Show #975) and Rich's (4-Mar-2009, Show #976) episodes.

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

killersbee wrote:
YEEEEEEESSSS!!! :-D

I WAS RIGHT!!! :D :D :D

What was your prediction?

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

It seems that the swap wasn't offered (or not broadcast). If it were 1p in his box, there would have been allegations of fix.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

Hopefully tomorrow's game, we'll see something like that but better :)

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

Tom22 wrote:

I predicted that he would have a good red since he had the 1p yesterday :D

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07
Administrator & Global Moderator

I missed the start of today's show so I missed the intro which was a pity. Del seemed a nice enough bloke although I wasn't hugely bothered either way about him. The game seemed to almost immediately fall apart, so it's great to see him turn it around and get a £10k OPW from the box. A lot of players recently would've been gone at 8-box or 5-box. The final offer wasn't worthy of being called a good offer like some of them were saying though... especially as the banker offered to make Del good offers. Should've been £4,000.

I did chuckle when Noel said something like "come on, let's read the board, it's a good offer" when the audience groaned at the offer... I'm sure Noel groaned the £2,000 offer on 1p Adam's same in-play final 2. But this week has been very good and the best in a long while in terms of games. Just one more standard show of the season tomorrow, as next week we've got the Summer specials. I don't think it's a wonderful set of contestants at the moment, so hopefully we'll be treated to some memorable games to send us on the summer break with next week.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:12 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

Fantastic game, but they really don't know how to use that tension music track properly, although it was nice to see it run over into that extended bit again.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07
International Forums Moderator

What did I say about the game being better because of the need to chase the money? That was precisely it!

Glad the risk paid off for him. The eight-box and five-box offers presented decisions to make, as did the two-box one I suppose - stingy but with the 1p I'm not surprised. I love games where a marginal offer is rejected and an OPW is the result, whether it's from the box or a later Deal! (Though not quite as much if an offer that should be taken isn't, and the OPW comes from that... but a game where a decision that could go either way goes the right way, that's great!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

What has happened to the show recently?

Thats like 4 great shows in a row (well Christine's was great despite the result), i missed the beginning and just got to see the last 2 parts but they were great. Del was such a great man and im soo happy he managed to get the £10,000 out of the box. Also i loved the reaction of the box opening when everyone ran over to Del, it was like he had just won £100,000 :lol:

Great Guy, Great Result, Well Done Del on £10,000!

Last edited by Craig on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:29 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

Craig wrote:

Thats like 4 great shows in a row (well Christine's was great despite the result), i missed the beginning and just got to see the last 2 parts but they were great. Del was such a great man and im soo happy he managed to get the £10,000 out of the box. Also i loved the reaction of the box opening when everyone ran over to Del, it was like he had just won £100,000 :lol:

Great Guy, Great Result, Well Done Deal on £10,000!

Oh god, that's a terrible typo!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

Aaron Brock wrote:
Craig wrote:

Great Guy, Great Result, Well Done Del on £10,000!

Oh god, that's a terrible typo!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: oops haha, i never noticed it when i re-read it haha

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

killersbee wrote:
Tom22 wrote:

I predicted that he would have a good red since he had the 1p yesterday :D

Didn't you say big red, and the £10,000 is a low/ middle one :|

I didn't warm to Del too much, he seemed very negative through some of the game, but it was a pleasing result. Didn't feel as good as Chris' through.

Big D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:26 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

It never ceases to amaze me how many times someone will say the most complimentary things about a player, then ironically open one of the biggest boxes in the game, but for it to happen,what... three times today was just spooky! And obvious that Del was a very inspirational guy off camera ( how heartfelt was Adam's wish that he could be there for his own game?)

I was annoyed by Noel's tone to Val - "Tell us next time you've got a feeling" errmmm... she did tell you, you plonker!

And Nikki? "Don't let this influence you, but I think I've got 1p" Eh? Du-uh...

Last thought - I'm suprised no-one mentioned his wife, I thought the way they played it almost together was brilliant, one of the few times I've seen a friend/relative/partner contribute without overly influencing it. Wonderful stuff. Congratulations on a game well played and a good win after a rough start.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:11 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

I think Big D summed it up! Great game and his wife was nice!! Also an amazing result! Enjoy the £10,000 Del! :-D

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:49 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

Wow, what a game to come back to after not seeing a game since Carol's.

That was brilliant, considering the fact I didn't think that result would happen.

Well done to Del, a really nice guy..who seemed to be very popular due to the reaction after the £10k was opened. And i picked up on Adam's comment as well.

From what it seems (and i havent looked at any spoilers since I got back), we've had a pretty good week.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:54 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07

Another very exciting game! One of those where the eventual sum won felt like a lot more. Good to see some proper offers on a poor board too, though I always think 2k on 10k/blue is a really easy no-deal even when the blue is 1p. Just what we needed to see after yesterday.

These last 4 games are more like the DOND I know and love (and occasionally make me want to pull my hair out in Christine's case). We still don't really know how any of them would have played a good board though.

But well done on the hard-earned 10k Del! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:04 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Del 18/07
Permanently Banned

Well done on the 10K Del =D Thats one of the hardest earned 10k wins I seen!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]