Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:34 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:34 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Fortune favours the not-so-brave this time!

When was the last OPW, counting Jess's as not one because the two-box offer would have been over £45k?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Lucky bugger...but nevertheless I make that...oooh an OPW? After the squanderings???

Watch it be 1p now! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

That was a classic moment there says Noel, as he thought Charles was going to hug him and then Charles thought men like me don't do hugs :lol:

Banker would have offered

99p

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Hahahaha YES! The perfect game!!!

Stats after Round 6
Offer: 99p
Mean: £2.51
Offer (%): 39.52%
Fair Deal: £1.36
Cash left on board: £5.01
Volatility: 500.00
Board balance: -18

Board
1p
£5

Jolly good show that man!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 4 and reveals 1p

Box 19 with Bez contains the £5

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I would probably have Dealt that...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

99p would have been a deal for me! :lol:

HAHA 1p...it was almost as if Charles knew what was in his box! Almost ay? ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:00 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject:

And he does hit the 10% chance of disaster!

Mind you, I might have considered dealing at 99p for two reasons, avoiding the 1p club and seeing a cheque for such a 'unique' amount.

Even then, IMO, 99p is quite 'stingy,' compared to other 1p/£5 final twos.

Big D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

I enjoyed that so much! I don't know why, but even though I didn't think he'd be a big gambler, and I thought he made the right decision to deal, it felt a bit of an anti-climax for some reason.

That said, I haven't enjoyed a game so much for a long time. Good banter from the wings, the Banker, between Noel & Charles, and a good deal in the end. (not to mention Adam looking hotter by the day! ;)

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject:

Interestingly enough, would a Banker's Gamble have been offered if his final two were either 1p/£20k or even £5/£20k, or would the offers for either of those two been significantly less than £8k?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Jolly good. Except for the deal on the face of it

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Fortune favours the not-so-brave this time!

When was the last OPW, counting Jess's as not one because the two-box offer would have been over £45k?

Yvi, two weeks ago tomorrow.

That was slightly disappointing I thought, not as entertaining as I thought it would be and the deal was a bit of a poor one...good to see an OPW though.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Charles was a very entertaining character and it was a good show too, although not quite on the levels of Lance (1) and Clive as some thought it might have been. But nonetheless a very good show I thought and great to see a character like Charles getting a conclusive OPW, even though it wasn't a mega money one, and the offer at 5-box could've been slightly more. I could see why he dealt though if he was planning to give some of the money to charity and some to his family.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:37 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

What a game from Charles my favorite player in a while and while was no mega money game it was fun one the less and he got the highest offer and sold the 1p box for the peak offer of his game!!

well done sir!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Box 22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:45 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

Spiffing show Charles, enjoyed that immensely. Why can't we have more characters like this instead of boring middle-aged houswives with no money who run at the earliest opportunity?

This game is as much about the characters in it as it is about opening boxes and winning some dosh. We need more exuberant characters and less dowdy ones.

ilovedealornodeal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:35 pm    Author: ilovedealornodeal    Post subject: Video Clip Available

Hey,

Just to let you know that the video clip for Charles's game is now available.

http://ilovedealornodeal.co.uk/Charles-Fri-11-Jul-2008-4-15-PM/

Big D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:48 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

Box 22 wrote:
Spiffing show Charles, enjoyed that immensely. Why can't we have more characters like this instead of boring middle-aged houswives with no money who run at the earliest opportunity?

This game is as much about the characters in it as it is about opening boxes and winning some dosh. We need more exuberant characters and less dowdy ones.

It's the old thing about auditioning again, isn't it? You have to wonder either A) What the hell the casting people at Endemol are thinking, or B) what the hell happens to certain people once they get in front of the cameras? At the moment it seems to be more a question of A, cos sitting here away from the tv I can hardly remember the names of any more than 3 or 4 of the current lot never mind what they look like.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:21 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

A game that I have been looking forward to since Charles arrived and one that I thoroughly enjoyed. Whilst it may not have reached the entertaing heights as quite expected (though I do wonder what was edited out) it was certainlly a cut above the majority of games entertainment wise.

The game itself may not have been the most exciting in terms of mega money, but I was pleased to see Charles get the OPW and that he had made the correct choice in dealing at £8,000. I did kind of want Charles to no deal at that point, thankfully he didn't, but Charles made it clear that he was not a gambler and that he obviously values money. Such as when he was offered £1,000. Clearly it was a bad offer, but Charles didn't just dismiss it as only being £1,000. So for Charles £8,000 was the right deal for him. Even if it was a tad low for the board.

For me though Charles is one of my favourite ever players (not necessarily game, but player). There's just something about Charles that made me warm to him from his first show and I would be more than happy to sit down and have a cup of tea with him. Especially if I could get hold of one of them Banker phone teapots as well. :D

Well done Charles. Oh and one more thing - Goodbye. :lol:

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:35 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

It was an enjoyable show today, and Charles was an entertaining character and there was some great banter between him and Noel. I'm glad he got the OPW, even if it wasn't a mega money one - better than ending up on the barge! (spooky how he was talking about some the members of the 1p club gaining royalties by cutting the tape at fetes etc., and then he had 1p in the box!)

Charles had a positive attitude to whatever the game threw at him, which has been lacking in recent players. The deal was justifiable if slightly poor, but he had fun with the game. We need more players to be positive, and realise it's only a game at the end of the day - for a gameshow it is taken far too seriously sometimes.

Let's hope Charles encourages the players to inject more fun into their games.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:48 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject:

Great game, very amiable contestant, entertaining banter and most important of all a clear victory over the banker, not mega money but a victory nonetheless.

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]