Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:13 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
You can't really blame people for dealing on good boards at the moment because the players have seen other players left broken after their game has taken a turn for the worst. I think if better luck had been happening for a while, then people would be willing to gamble. It's the atmosphere and the people on the wings *cough Derek* sort of want people do deal early offers. :(

Joey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:29 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Noel just said if Jess had taken out the last blue, she'd have the strongest 5-box board ever. Is he right?

It would have been the strongest 5-box ever in terms of most money guaranteed at that point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no-one's ever been guaranteed £15,000 at 5-box, have they? What is the most that's been guaranteed at that stage?

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:47 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Wow - 2 great games in a row. Perhaps if the 2 contestants had been more middle-aged and risk averse, we'd have had more money won but you can't complain about £70k won in 2 days.

Strongest 5 box board if she'd have taken the £100 out? - depends how you define strongest. It certainly wouldn't have been the highest mean at 5 box (Daniel's Power 4 and £750 holds that record).

I'm not 100% convinced it was an OPW today. Had it been more than 12 months ago, it would have been a TPW/TBW depending on the proveout offer - but of course banker's gambles weren't around when the term was defined.

tr4962

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:18 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

They shouldn't do the bankers gamble when the £250,000 is there, it would cause a lot of controversy if it ever got won that way.

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:32 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

The most money guaranteed at 5-box was Brenda (1) early in the show's run, who had :

She had a proveout offer of 84k. However, this was not in active play.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject:

Fantastic game, great player in Jess and for the second day running a real run of good luck.

I think Jess made absolutely the right decision dealing at 5 box, £40,000 is a substantial sum of money and certainly not to be sniffed.

I know some people maintain that the only way to play the game is to see it through to the end regardless but that doesn't make sense to me, surely the point is to take the Banker for as much money as possible and that doesn't necessarily mean opening your box.
Jess pretty much achieved that, I know she left the £250k in play till the end and that if she'd been in live play she would have had an even larger offer and a swap but strictly speaking I'm not sure she should have opened Charles's box when she did.

Think about it, two boxes to chose from and she says "Charles looks like he's worth a lot of money", sounds to me like she was trying to find the big one, If Noel had been stricter and reminded her to play on with honesty she would probably have opened Reg's box and found the £250,000. Game over!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Well that was just what the show needed, a game that had just about everything. I'd almost go to say it was almost like Eunice and Betty rolled into one. Almost. :)

Even I would have carried on when she dealt but probably would have been scared into dealing at 2-box whatever the offer and I'd want to shoot myself if I won £100 after turning down 40k (or more!). £100 wouldn't make any difference over the 1p in that situation. I really thought it was a bad time for "undeal" too. I think it would be unfair if it got won that way.

Even thought it was a fairly cautious deal it as fine by me as the contestant was actually entertaining unlike Litttle-Miss Face like a slapped arse who played yesterday. :D

Jess could even be in the running for my fave W8'er too, I'll have to think about it! She's definitely better than jean for best female, I always thought she was slightly over-rated and she got charactured becuase of her run of huge numbers in her first few shows!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:18 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

The deal was a bit cautious and the undeal a bit controversial like James said but a good game nonetheless.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:59 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Not much to add, but that was a fantastic game for entertaining contestant and great board. Dealing the £40k was understandable, although I would have carried on with 4 decent reds there and only 1 blue.

She deserved to get the OPW, even if it was achieved through the offer of the banker's gamble at the end. That was a risky move by the banker (and the producers), I think, because had she accepted it and won the jackpot, there would have indeed been a lot of controversy. I mean, people weren't that impressed with Laura's offer to engineer the big win (me included).

Overall, great game, and I hope the good luck continues!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

garylq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject:

Damn, my Sky+ screwed-up, I got video but no sound. Thank god for 4od.

What an amazing game though. I would have taken the Bankers gamble, and swapped for my lucky no. box 17 if it was offered.

Well played Jess, a great win, could be July show of the month sown up already.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:26 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject:

just caught this online, damn rubbish freeview dvd recorder wont work. by far and wide one of the best i've ever seen, what a class woman and a thoroughly entertaining game (some lousy offers before the 40k, but that's how its been going of late). surely there can be little wrangling over stats and wakeyism with a game like this! love it!

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

Yes a brilliant game, one of the best for a while.
I wonder if she had taken the gamble, would the phone have gone offering the swap?
Great character, and I thought she would have gone alot earlier. Nice sum to go with though.

I will let Jess off, as well as the blue chants, I did hear say "Come on", but as it's her i will be kind just this once

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:25 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

trickymahonia wrote:
I wonder if she had taken the gamble, would the phone have gone offering the swap?

Yes it would've done as the banker always guarantees a swap if the player no deals (and accepting the banker's gamble is effectively no dealing the final offer) with the £250k in the final 2...

[ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]