Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:04 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
All I can say is come back Richard, all is forgiven. How anyone can walk for a sum that's less than the 5th highest value at 8-box is inconceivable. That said, i thought she was going to walk at 11-box which really would have had all references to Richard replaced with Colleen! :)

The offer still went up despite taking out the 250k next time! The 50k offer wasn't ridiculously inflated either due to the stability of the board - the mean was 53k and it was an all-red last 5 with the worst-possible scenario was an offer in the high-teens.

A tragic mismatch of player and board. You'd have thought she was at a funeral the way she went on. The only positive from the show was Slim again. Why couldn't he have played today? :evil:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:02 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I'm not really sure what to say about today's game.

It didn't feel right. No banter, no mass entertainment. And then suddenly the crying? What started it?

And a perfect board. That seemed to be lost on Colleen.

But still the highest win since Betty's....

harryfielder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:54 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Still 30k for the first day of the month can't be all bad...
I would love to have that board... :oops: :oops:

Aitch,

jaykray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:11 pm    Author: jaykray    Post subject:

why are you documenting everything almost word for word?

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:24 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

what was with all the tears???
that was an awful game. i was nearly crying in pain with watching the deal. i was really hoping she had the 250k in her box, luckily she got 30k and pulled it off but when you have the power 5 still in play go on.
im getting to the point where i dont want to watch the show and im only waiting for slim to play and then after that i may not watch anymore

dougal18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:30 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
I too think she was the lowest of the low

That is one of the most offensive things you've ever posted.

Quote:

with Richard and she actually wanted to deal the second offer, But didn't dare due the backlash she would have deservedly got!

Backlash? Deservedly? From whom exactly? The 3 Wakeyteers?

£18,500 was a terrible offer and The Banker must have reckoned he'd get her cheap. Dealing with the entire Power 5 left for £30k was an awful decision.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:35 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Well she got 30K but a very weak deal given the board was worth 20K more almost as bad as Richard's in a way and shows that 27.5k Steven's wasn't too bad.

Large amount won but the game felt a bit flat.

It just shows that there have been quite a few contestants over the past 3 months who can't analyse the board once the offers reach 25K+ like KP said.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:03 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Banker obviously sensed today that he could get away with low offers. The £3.5k increase from 14 box to 11 box showed his intentions and I feared we'd have a very bad decision for a deal at 11 box. Can see why she dealt at 8 box and even though I would have wanted a lot more, for her it was the right deal.

Wish there had been a statistician on the wings to point out that the banker's prediction of £90k on the dream final 5 was less than a 2% shot though.

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:35 am    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

The highlight for me was Noel doing a hi 5

ciderduck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:05 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Noel says you'd have to be very hard hearted not to find today's game emotional (my heart must be made of steel coated concrete then ;) )

my thoughts exactly there to that comment. that was perhaps the most unpleasant 'decent win' game i have ever watched. it was utterly painful from the tears in the second round for heaven's sake!. it was like pulling teeth from then on. :shock:

we'll never understand her motivations for re/acting in the way she did to an outstanding board, who knows. but that was just rotten to watch. i was actually relieved when she dealt at 30k, i just couldnt bear to watch the pained expression for any longer. and i felt totally sorry for noel when he was having a laugh with the banker, only to be met with total silence and awkwardness from the player.....you could tell he was as pssed off as the rest of us were while watching!!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

ciderduck wrote:
and i felt totally sorry for noel when he was having a laugh with the banker, only to be met with total silence and awkwardness from the player.....you could tell he was as pssed off as the rest of us were while watching!!

I'm sure Noel found it pretty hard work! He once said in an interview that with some players he feels as though he really does "earn" his wages for the show...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:21 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject:

Well that was an odd game, personally i think Colleen found the whole thing a little overwhelming on the day - being in the crazy chair, having a seemingly unbreakable board. It's the only reason i can think of for her slightly numb approach to the game.

Best board I've seen in a long time, she was incredibly lucky. Like most people here i would have been strongly tempted to press on at five box but if she really wanted/needed the money then so be it.

in a way that board was almost too good, Colleen had left herself nowhere to go. statistically she must have felt she was due an all red round and that could have done serious damage.

People talk about worst case scenario she would have still had £50.000 maximum win, but suppose she had debts of £25,000?* To get enough to clear those debts she would have had to go on, and then the odds would have been really against her

*Obviously i'm not saying she did have debts that big, but clearing the credit cards/ mortgage is as good a reason for dealing as any

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

dougal18 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Quote:

with Richard and she actually wanted to deal the second offer, But didn't dare due the backlash she would have deservedly got!

£18,500 was a terrible offer and The Banker must have reckoned he'd get her cheap. Dealing with the entire Power 5 left for £30k was an awful decision.

Lowest of the low in terms of DOND with Richard Michael Steven etc, Not personally.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:26 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I think Colleen has 2 L's in it, H ;)

Well, what a game. I'm glad she got over her target, but surely she bailed out too soon? That was a golden opportunity and she decided not to take it. I would've taken that opportunity and if I lost... hey? So what? I gave it my all.

It's a shame that people take this show so seriously (on here and on the show). After all, it's only a game... right?

MisterAl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:00 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
Wish there had been a statistician on the wings to point out that the banker's prediction of £90k on the dream final 5 was less than a 2% shot though.

Ahem... (from earlier in this thread)

MisterAl wrote:
When the Banker phoned back to say what the offer would be if Colleen avoided the Power 5 in the following round, Brian said that the odds of that happening were "over 500 to 1". This caused me to correct him by shouting out the correct odds -- 1 in 56. Brian responded to this by cheekily saying "well, I wasn't far off then!"

Unix eight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:28 pm    Author: Unix eight    Post subject:

I actually had a very strange feeling that Colleen would have an extremely strong game, but I didn't really expect the way in which it was dealt with. I must say though, I think the way the Banker played it was brilliant, even though the offers throughout were disappointing, it was clear to see that Colleen wasn't an extremely good reader of the game and that she was blinded by the money offered to her.

I certainly think that Colleen was taken advantage of, and while it is every player's dream to have a board like that, I think Colleen's expectations and standards were a lot more modest, and that with a more average board, she would have played the game very differently. In my opinion she was picked to play at the wrong time, and she shouldn't be slated on here for most likely have lower expectations.

thundercat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:43 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

tr4962 wrote:
thundercat wrote:
JamesC wrote:
Well I msut say I was looking at the strength of the game and imagining being there and no dealing £30,000 even though it's a nice sum of money but I don't know if I would have the guts to if I was on the actual show. I think I may have gone on one more and bowed out at £50,000. People put so much emphasis on the £250,000 but anything could have happened. We've seen how quickly games can turn around. Imagine if she'd carried on and worst case scenario she went away with 10p. I personally enjoyed today's show a lot.

Assuming you ignored that wise winger, the only way she could have won any of the blues, is if she went all the way to the end. She was at eight-box which means she still had two offers before the final box. Even if she took out the TOP THREE (1/8x1/7x1/6= 1/366), a 3% chance she would have still had a board with £35,000 and £50,000, which would have produced an offer around £10,000, only a third of the measly £30,000 that she took. She had a 3% chance of that, and a 93% chance of £10,000 PLUS!

true, just a shame you got your maths a bit wrong, sorry to contradict but its a 1/56 chance of taking out the top 3

Really? In succession wouldn't it be 1/8 then 1/7 then 1/6... times together makes 1/336? My theory wrong?

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:29 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

dougal18 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Quote:

who are the 3 wakeyteers??

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:52 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Basic, Wakey and SrWilson I assume... :smt102

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

lol i thought just for a min i was one of those .... ;) lol

[ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]