Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:58 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:58 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:02 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
I liked Daniel - he seemed a nice, kind bloke and the show was a good one with some amusing banter between Noel, Jess and Charles and others. The game unfortunately didn't appear to be very spectacular due to the rather bad luck he had where he had lost the top 3 by the second half. The only unusual thing was Daniel offering £100 to the 1p opener and the banker offering £200 to the £50k opener. :lol:

However, the 5-box offer was a very good one and I think a deal there was a wise decision. I would have dealt, Daniel did, and it turned out to be an OPW! What more could we want... well done Daniel!

betasub wrote:
Has he worn a long-sleeve top in any of his previous shows? Seems to have a thing for cut-off sleeves.

Yes... I found a pic from his first show and he is wearing a long-sleeved top! :lol:

harryfielder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:07 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Well done to Dan,, he played wisely and well... :D :D

Aitch,

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject:

Good result, don;t think the game had the same electricity as Mavis's game yesterday but it was a text book example of how to read the board and play the game with skill.

There was also some lovely comedy courtesy of Jess, Charles and of course that bonus for finding the 1p/£50k. Suzi really needs to brush up her box opening technique though ;)

And no mention for the newbie yet? - casting a spell to ensure there's a blue in her box - you've got to admit that's novel

All in all an entertaining game, a likeable player in Daniel and the satisfaction of seeing the perfect deal

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:19 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Big D wrote:
17.5k? What a crock, the banker let him off the hook big time.

it wasn't that bad, I couldn't see the logic of offering less than 15k there
(but then again with some recent players...)

was a good show anyway nice to see decent offers and a decent payout.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:40 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

betasub wrote:
Has he worn a long-sleeve top in any of his previous shows? Seems to have a thing for cut-off sleeves.

I liked his short sleeves. If only more postmen looked like that...

Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:49 am    Author: Craig    Post subject:

Here are some select pics from the game:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Well Done Daniel on £17,500!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:06 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

The £7.5k 3rd offer was far more generous than lately and that meant the banker had to keep the generous offers all the way to 5 box. I would have expected £15k at 5 box.

Back to inflated, trying to make a OPW look not so bad for the banker, proveout offers today. 43.33% of the highest box with 1p in play is a joke. Compare that to the 23% Mavis got yesterday with a high blue as backup.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:06 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

The second show in a row that has been brilliant!!

I really liked Daniel, a nice and considerate guy who deserved the money. Some decent banter as well plus an OPW.

Many more like this please!!

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:54 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Well that was a decent game.

Reminded me a bit of Stephen's from May 07 with the top 3 and 20k going early but then keeping the other main reds until very late in the game, even though the 5-box offer wasn't quite as good, I thought anything above the median on that board was excellent. I never think a deal at 5-box is a bad idea when the absolute best you can do is triple your money when it's still possible to go home with a worthless blue, in this case 1p. Plus the last two offers he turned down were good for the board so the worked his way up well, and didn't just run at the first sight of 10k. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:06 am    Author: Big D    Post subject:

alexandercbrown wrote:
Big D wrote:

The logic is, the banker's role is to get the player out with the least amount of money. As everyone says 15k would have been good for that board, although on recent performances I expected a stick or a slight increase. He would either deal for less than 17.5, or play on and be forced to open the 15k. Either way the banker pays less than 17.5.

And please spare me all the "I'm a gambler but a good gambler knows when to walk" sh*te. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Gamble or shut the f**k up.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:19 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Big D wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
Big D wrote:

The logic is, the banker's role is to get the player out with the least amount of money. As everyone says 15k would have been good for that board, although on recent performances I expected a stick or a slight increase. He would either deal for less than 17.5, or play on and be forced to open the 15k. Either way the banker pays less than 17.5.

And please spare me all the "I'm a gambler but a good gambler knows when to walk" sh*te. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Gamble or shut the f**k up.

Saying you're a gambler isn't the same as saying "I'm going to take whatever's in my box no matter what". Poker players are gamblers, and you don't see even those top players who contest that late night thing on C4 calling or raising every hand if they don't think the chances of a favourable result are in their favour do you?

My take on people who say they're gamblers really mean they willing to go to the end if they don't think the offers are good enough, but they'll deal if an offer is good enough. He was clearly weighing up the potential rewards and downsides at the £17,500 offer! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:34 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Big D wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
Big D wrote:

Saying you're a gambler isn't the same as saying "I'm going to take whatever's in my box no matter what". Poker players are gamblers, and you don't see even those top players who contest that late night thing on C4 calling or raising every hand if they don't think the chances of a favourable result are in their favour do you?

My take on people who say they're gamblers really mean they willing to go to the end if they don't think the offers are good enough, but they'll deal if an offer is good enough. He was clearly weighing up the potential rewards and downsides at the £17,500 offer! :)

You're right. My point is that there's no such thing as a good gambler or a bad gambler. There are true gamblers and those who decide they've had enough. A true gambler won't let the odds put him off, that's why they call it gambling. Walking away when the odds scare you is simply playing safe.

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]