Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:04 am Last visit was: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:04 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I knew this thread would be full of abusive comments. From people who would no doubt gone home with a quid. How fantastic would that have been. :)

To be honest, I thought she'd made a big mistake too by dealing, but I love being proved wrong! And I really enjoyed the proveout with the banker ringing up after nearly ever box, and Deano predicting the offers.

Of course she got lucky, but isn't that what the game's about? Going on and taking out blues is about being lucky too?

Guess you can't please everyone. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
Just checked again and the banker said £250,000 and 2 blues it will go down, but doesn' say by how much... But £100,000 and 2 blues the offer will be in the region of £10,000... All blue round and offer will be in region of £20,000...

I know the banker's offer don't usually have logic from game to game but you have to think that if taking out £100k and 2 blues would have been approximately £10k, £250k and 2 blues which Bev actually took out would probably have been £7k max in real play.

Scottish Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: Scottish Fan    Post subject:

I'm surprised there's not more people on here slagging Bev off for dealing so early. Really the only difference between Bev's game and Richard's game is that after both accepting very cautious deals Bev beat the banker and Richard missed out on a lot more.

I liked Bev and did think myself she dealt too early, but good luck to her, it worked in her favour and I think she'll really enjoy the money. There was no hint of smugness when she accepted the deal!

Well done Bev.

Profile E-mail  

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:51 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Scottish Fan wrote:
I'm surprised there's not more people on here slagging Bev off for dealing so early.

I think some comments were deleted!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:40 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

A show that started off fairly normal and then turned a bit bizarre. With Noel skipping round the studio after a sweep, The Banker who was constantly ringing and offering money, then taking it away and then offering it again. Plus it was a 3rd deal OPW win!

I actually enjoyed this game despite the early deal and I liked Bev as she seemed nice and genuine. The fact it was the right deal at the right time was great.

I was wondering though if Bev had kept the £100,000 in play, instead of finding it just before the final offer, would we have seen the Banker's Gamble?

Profile E-mail  

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:02 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Well, utterly bizarre game with a fortuitous finish - the proveout was fascinating and probably the most entertaining part of the show, as Deano made offer predictions and the banker dished out then took back money from the contestants!

When she discovered the £250,000 first box, I expected an immediate crash to the blues, but it went one way, then the other, before swinging in her favour right at the death. Had the £100,000 remained, the banker's gamble would have (again) been pointless, so he probably would have said around £26,000, twice of what she dealt.

I don't begrudge the result, I like a player win just as much as the next person, but dealing at 11-box has to be, in most cases, statistically incorrect and ill-judged, because the board hasn't gained its full 'shape' or direction of strength/weakness, and the offers don't need to be (and are often not) walkable, because the threat of a big payout is still way off. Earlier offers are more a device for gauging walking money later on.

Secondly, if it goes wrong after a deal (i.e. you have a big money finish or a big money box), the regret is monumental, as not only have you not 'played the game' to any real extent in terms of risk/reward decision making, you have made what you surely knew was the wrong decision at the time in the process (although this lot think they are 'good offers'). If you take a decent justified deal, the regret should be minimal. An 11-box deal is unlikely to have any justification about it, otherwise there's something wrong with the game one way or the other...

Last edited by StatsMan on Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:04 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

miek wrote:
I was wondering though if Bev had kept the £100,000 in play, instead of finding it just before the final offer, would we have seen the Banker's Gamble?

Probably not, since it was used yesterday in Stoney's game. I enjoyed Bev's game today. I was pleased that the deal worked out for her. The way Noel was going on, I was almost convinced that the £250,000 was in her box.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:29 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

The show didn't really need a cautious 11-box deal right now... but at least it worked out for Bev. Someone earlier in the thread said about how this was similar to Richard's deal recently, but his worse much worse as he had the whole power 6 (along with lower reds) in play! Bev had the top 2, £50k and £15k... and no other reds.

The deal was still cautious though but the proveout was fairly entertaining, if a little weird... with Deano making the offers, the banker offering extra money and continuously ringing back and stuff!

Bev was a nice lady and seemed quite nice, but it was quite clear she was a player who was going to deal at any decent monetary offer, regardless of the board. There's nothing wrong with that once in a while, but it gets very boring when we get so many of them as we have had recently.

P.S. I liked Sue's manic shout of "WELL DONE" when she opened her box in proveout, and also when Noel did an impression of Shane when Bev chose his box. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:15 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Incidently Bev didn't like odd numbers and mentioned about the power 5 being split between the odds and evens. Well all the power 5 in her game were in even box numbers.

22 - £35,000
18 - £50,000
20 - £75,000
10 - £100,000
6 - £250,000

Profile E-mail  

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:10 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

How weird! It was the right game for it to happen then! (She should've left evens to the end)

harryfielder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:02 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Spankaroony Mr Bankeroony..13000 to 1...Good odds.. :-D

Aitch,

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:03 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow, I wasn't expecting it to be the right decision but it turned out to be perfect. Although the deal was generally likely considering the amount of time she spent deciding (or what was shown).

Bev was a nice lady, a decent enough character who played an amazing game.

[Basic, excuse my ignorance but isn't your signature slightly hypocritical?]

Profile E-mail  

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:15 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Tom wrote:

That was a PM some kind member sent me last week. :?

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:19 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Tom wrote:

That was a PM some kind member sent me last week. :?

Oh sorry. My mistake.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]