Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:11 am Last visit was: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:11 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel opens box 9 and reveals £1

Box 2 with Suzi contains the £100

Profile E-mail  

Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 pm    Author: Rob    Post subject:

How Jammy can you get?!

The sad thing is the fact that she did complelty the right thing isn't going to stop all the abuse from some of you.

Profile E-mail  

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:47 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Wow...lucky proveout, and from the looks of it quite a tense one!

Last edited by Lewis246 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Well, let's look at this from how I looked at it pre-proveout.

The five-box proveout offer was the one that mattered; it was believable, it was just below the Deal, it would have been a reasonable get-out (and probably what I would have won) but still a small loss.

And we've finally strung five-figure wins together, took long enough didn't it? Bring on Monday.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

tr4962

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:50 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
kestral wrote:

Bev tries to work out what would happen if she went on and took out on the top 2 amounts, and the Banker says that if she takes out the £250,000 the offer will go down, and the £100,000 will result in an offer of around £10,000, an all blue round would be around £20,000.

If Kestrel got that right, then £250k and 2 blue wouldn't have been £10k at 8 box. Will check again in an hour on C4+1 to clarify.

They definitily said, if its £250,000 and two blues it will go down (didn't say how much) , and £100,000 and two blues would be around £10,000 offered

Tom Carey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:51 pm    Author: Tom Carey    Post subject:

it was a good game today i thought she had dealt to early but she proved me wrong! :D

Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:52 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

I thought that was a great Saturday Afternoon game! It was fun, exciting and tense in the proveout!

Very good game! Enjoy £13,013 Bev!

and i must say, it was a very entertaining proveout! With the banker offering money and all that! Great game!

and now for the insults....

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Simon F wrote:
kestral wrote:

Bev tries to work out what would happen if she went on and took out on the top 2 amounts, and the Banker says that if she takes out the £250,000 the offer will go down, and the £100,000 will result in an offer of around £10,000, an all blue round would be around £20,000.

If Kestrel got that right, then £250k and 2 blue wouldn't have been £10k at 8 box. Will check again in an hour on C4+1 to clarify.

Just checked again and the banker said £250,000 and 2 blues it will go down, but doesn' say by how much... But £100,000 and 2 blues the offer will be in the region of £10,000... All blue round and offer will be in region of £20,000...

Profile E-mail  

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

This is another 3rd offer deal which was not the best one but she beaten him in the end thats good! Lovely legs and all. :oops: :lol: Well done on 13,013 Bev. :D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Hahahaha! I bet this show annoyed some certain people on here :P not me though.

Good timing, Bev, which is what players have been lacking recently!

thundercat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

It's one of those very rare occourances that best be kept as rare as possible. I don't know what to say. She was lucky, because if she blew the big money it would have been one hell of a disaster. I mean, a disaster on an absolutely massive scale. I don't know how she risked it happening by dealing. At least by no dealing you've got reasonable get out's. The £10,001 was midly tempting.

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I loved that game, purely for the fact that it'd annoy the Wakeyists as it was a deal at 11-box which was proved to be right, and I'd probably have dealt there too (if it was less than £10,000, I'd have gone on).

Profile E-mail  

thundercat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:14 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
What followed was pure Jammyness and nothing to smile about, 9 times out of 10 that would have backfired and she just got VERY lucky and got away with it.

Perhaps 99 times out of 100? Ha ha. :P

I agree however, absolutely hideous indeed.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I'm indifferent on this one.

She gave off a very cautious impression to me right from the start of her time on the show, but to pull a 3rd offer OPW out of the bag...well words fail me!

They are rare (Emma being the last one to pull it off, though very long time before that it happened again), but the show needs them sparingly. So for the sake of the payouts and chances to win big money, let's hope we don't see another of these in a fair while.

Bev did well though, respect to her for not being 'too' greedy ay Betty ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:22 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

I was a bit surprised the 1st, 2nd and 3rd offers were even as high as they were, with the reds rapidly disappearing - the time she actually dealt, there were only 4 left on the board! I could kind of see an argument for dealing there but like the wings, I was thinking that surely an all-blue round was likely.

I also thought the 4th and 5th offers would have been lower in active play, given the banker's view of this lot he'd have thought nothing of a forcing offer on a not-exactly-stable board.

So, an early deal saving a crash-and-burn - only keeping the £100k to the last 3 stopped it being a total trainwreck. Open advert for dealing? Well, if she'd gone to the end it would have been one as well, and if she'd dealt the 4th or 5th offer, it would have bordered on one too.

suszie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:22 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

It is also the lowest 3rd offer deal that was also a OPW, will it happen again.

thundercat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:

She gave off a very cautious impression to me right from the start of her time on the show, but to pull a 3rd offer OPW out of the bag...well words fail me!

They are rare (Emma being the last one to pull it off, though very long time before that it happened again), but the show needs them sparingly. So for the sake of the payouts and chances to win big money, let's hope we don't see another of these in a fair while.

Needs them sparingly, fair enough, for as long as we have some god damn crazy gambles to even it out.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:29 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
The lot of them should be ashamed of themselves .

I don't think they would be to honest, as Bev got an OPW!

Tom Carey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:54 pm    Author: Tom Carey    Post subject:

I THINK SHE SHOULD,VE DEALED LATER

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

thundercat wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:

Needs them sparingly, fair enough, for as long as we have some god damn crazy gambles to even it out.

yes I don't know what to think really - a 3rd offer OPW is OK but definitely the wrong time and it won't encourage more risk taking.

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]