Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

showusyourbox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: showusyourbox    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Oh Dear - What a real shame and a nice couple

A good game and palyed it full.. Thanks

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 6 and reveals £3,000

Box 15 with Mavis contains the 10p

matthew17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject:

Phew, that was lucky... :D

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject:

Another orange win!!!!!!

mikkel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: mikkel    Post subject:

Well what can you say about that? Gutted for him that he didn't win a massive amount, a genuine reason for being on there and deserving to win a lot of money. But I can't believe he didn't deal on 25k.

3k is some consolation though, he can put that towards his treatment and hopefully it will help his dreams come true.

What a game for the viewer though, first time i've watched it from behind my hands in a while.

betasub

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:00 pm    Author: betasub    Post subject:

My remote handset bounced off the screen.

Hmm, looks like I'm luckier than Steve today.

PaxPsychosis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: PaxPsychosis    Post subject:

Very disappointing finale, but a great game to watch at least! Especially as I had him down as a cautious dealer from the start. Every time he said No Deal it was a bigger surprise!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

NoelsFan wrote:
Another orange win!!!!!!

Deal or No Deal - sponsored by Orangina

A big-risk, big-reward final five. Makes a change to see £25k as an offer and not £26k... £20k might have been fitting given the theme mentioned earlier in the show, and in fact I'd have expected that as the first mentioned offer before going to £25k, not the other way round as it were...

The guaranteed stick on £100k/blue would probably have been enough to incentivise the five-box gamble; if I'd known £75k was coming on £250k/blue that would definitely have been enough. On that kind of five-box board, I'm playing for the two-box Deal... and would indeed have dealt at two-box...

...ouch. But on the other hand, thinking about it... he was led on by the apparently Wakeyist other half. Even though No Dealing was undisputably right until five-box, and probably right then too, this is the kind of game I've been waiting to arrive (not wanting to arrive, but waiting to arrive) for a long time... just to see how people reacted to it. Unfortunately it's come in the depths of the worst game era in DoND history...

(I nearly put 'worst gameplay era' there, but I don't want to separate this Age of Cowardice with the early-2007 Age of Recklessness. They were both full of horrendous gameplay - the difference is the latter still produced great games with high drama and 'how did they get away with THAT?!?' moments seemingly every other game, whereas this has just been dull.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I haven't cursed so loud since Allan!!! :(

Bad luck Steve - it was a gambler's board and a forcing offer had you making the best decision...just unlucky it didn't work!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

for *beep* sake! Someone else finally decides to go for the big money and once again it is denied them - in the final box too, how cruel.
Still 3k is not bad for spending a hour opening boxes.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

I was almost convinced he'd deal all of the last 3 offers. Glad he didn't, very bad luck to lose the £250,000 in the final box though...

However, £3,000 is at least a consolation and he looked happy to get it. Can't believe that's the highest win since last Tuesday! :shock:

jonny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject:

Really thought he'd go at 25k too. God how awful. But it WAS an amazing game. Game of the month contender already! :D

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Steve was ok but I couldn't really get into the first 2 parts of the show and I didn't really warm to him or his wife (or was it girlfriend). Anyway, the last part was very tense and produced the best game we've had for a very long time. However, once again someone who reads the board and takes a calculated gamble is cursed with bad luck. The final offer being 100% on the mean was a nice touch by the banker, as I was expecting an offer of £250.

At least he won the £3,000 and not the 10p, but with these low wins, we're probably heading towards the lowest ever payout for a 2-week period, let alone a 1 week period...

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:26 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Well, that's what you get for being greedy! :shock:

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:39 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

The show felt a bit flat initially but as the game progressed, and egged on by a gem of a wife (she had guts and spirit and saw it was well worth trying for the big money whilst it was there) it developed some real tension and excitement as the climax approached. I thought he did the right thing at 5 box. The revised offer was still poor in my opinion and he had a decent chance of keeping one of the big 2 in play at 2 box. Well worth a punt.

Of course having finally got a player willing to take the risk we got a round from hell to spoil the party. It was so disappointing once again for courage and bravery not to be rewarded but with a brave no-deal at 2 box at least they got a well deserved £3000 out of the game. Its still decent money!

What depressed me most was the amount of spineless wingers encouraging deals during he game. Why on earth are they on the show at all! What are Endemol thinking!! :evil:

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

I said I had a bad feeling about today's game, but thank goodness I was wrong about him having a blue :(

Scottish Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:48 pm    Author: Scottish Fan    Post subject:

What a disappointment, I really liked Steve and hoped at 5 box he was going to do well.

Must be due a big win soon now, Banker's had it his own way for too long.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

When is anyone going to get any luck? I think if you add the last 6 games up to come to an effective week, the total winnings must be less than 10k. :shock:

(Well I suppose he did get some luck at the end getting 3k and not 10p but still) :(

And I think most of us would have done that too (certainly no-deal till 2-box anyway). A year ago you could have expected 25k with that sort of configuration at 8-box rather than 5-box!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:22 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Sob-story + IVF = target = deal. :roll:

Haha, or in Steve's case:

Sob-story + IVF = target = No Deal! :-D

But, yet again, I was annoyed by the outcome, like I was for Len, Andy and Janine. You can only win the biggest prize, by gambling, which is what Steve did, but it failed. Bev really is the Smiling Assasin! Why are all my favourites winning blues, like flies falling?

Please change tomorrow's player! :(

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:55 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That was tense, very tense.

Fair play to him for no dealing £25,000. And he really deserved to get more than that so it was a big shame to see the biggie revealed in the last box.

Another orange win. Crikey, i'm even starting to get a little bit sick of these. Please, we need a decent win tomorrow.

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]