Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:36 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:36 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
A game that just never got anywhere near the big money. To reveal the top 2 amounts in the first round is always going to make the game an uphill batttle for the player to get big offers.

I can understand why Andy dealt at £1,500 as it was a generous offer (I thought the Banker was going to stick at £999), though I would of gone on at that stage myself.

I just hope we don't get a 1p winner tommorow, or anything under £300, to make this the worst week ever in terms of payouts. Let's hope we get a nice power 5 win to boost the payout total.

Big D

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:37 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Am i the only one that is gutted Steve didnt have the 1p lol!

nah! and can I be the first to volunteer to be the meat in that sandwich! ;)

bb67

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:43 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject:

Horrendously unlucky game. Sorry for Andy, not even the consolation of beating the banker at the end.

Big D

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:47 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

That was a shame. I often wonder if I ever got to be a player, if it's easier to walk away from that dreadful luck where you literally have no choices and no chance, or from a bad decision that cost you a lot of money, and I've always thought it would be the first option. As h said, looks like Andy was giving himself a hard time over it, but he really didn't have anything to do. or maybe it was just frustration at feeling so helpless to change it...?

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

The most boring, anti-climactic final five of all time. Two high blues and the three oranges.

Not a lot you can do about that although £6,500 was worthy of some thought and wouldn't have even been the worst Deal of the week if he took it. I'd have done the same as him and at least had the consolation of knowing that had I turned down the £1,500 I'd have wound up with a blue through my always-swap policy.

Frustrating game to say the least. We'll never know how Andy would have played a bigger-money board...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

redrum666

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well what a real shame that game was- all through this month, I've had Andy down as one of the few people who was going to be a gambler and who was going to give us the big money win that we've been craving for so luck... I was wrong on 1 count and I doubt we'll ever know if I was right on the other.

The game just never got going and, although I thought the £6,500 offer was very generous for the board, I was urging Andy to decline it and push us forward to a £50,000 win- unfortunately, with the mix of horrendous luck and relatively low offers towards the end of the game, Andy was never going to get anything decent out of it.

And so, once again, we have a player who I feel would've made the most of his game crashing to a low win (though £1,500 is a very nice sum of money in anyone's book and, after taking a few risks earlier on the game and having such bad luck, I can't blame him for dealing)- it happened to Ian earlier in the week and now it's happened to Andy... heck, it even happened to Janie yesterday. And to think, the spineless Richard-a-likes on the wings at the moment will probably have fantastic boards that they will throw away.

Now, all my hopes are pinned on Len, Deano, Tommii and Janine (all of whom I have an inkling will be willing to take risks in their games)... surely tomorrow we'll get a gamblers board matched with a gambler- and surely they'll be successful.

I suppose one good thing to come from this is that, this week, it has been bad luck that has ruined the games, not gutless cop-outs or awful reading of the board... and that can't really be helped.

Power5

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:56 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

I decided to watch this one when I saw it was him as he was one of the few who have shown a bit of Wakey Factor in the wings. Inevitable then that he would have a *beep* game and not get the chance to prove whether or not he could be a big winner.

Not surprising that he bailed out at the last as nothing had gone for him throughout the game. £1,500 is a lot better than £250 but I just had a feeling he would have the £3,000 in his box when he dealt! I suppose he had one bit of luck anyway, Jade having the 1p... :D

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:44 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Was only able to watch snippets of this one but every time I managed to catch a glimpse another high red had disappeared.

With a £250 fallback I would have probably gambled for the £3000 at 2 box. But the Banker's offer of £1500 was, for some reason, astonishing considering he would normally have made a derisory forcing offer at that stage. No wonder he dealt.

So at least he got something decent from a game where he never stood much of a chance.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:43 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Unlucky game for Andy but I would have gone on and opened my own box.
Not a new kitchen but could have filled the fridge up.. :D

Aitch,

James1978

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Good contestant but (not his fault, just the way the boxes went) one of the dullest games I can remember. Games where you top-and-tail the board and leave loads of low reds (or "oranges") and high blues are never going to be up there on the excitement factor.

Still, he seemed good fun and there was great banter, I think the board end of the east wing are the stars of the show at moment (Steve, Tommii, Jade and Len), all four of them played a part today.

Shame we didn't get a more interesting game as he seemed someone who may gamble a bit/play the board rather than the offers in pure terms. I thought the 2-box offer was pretty decent and was worth considering, but sods law he would have the 3k, but still luckily even that wasn't an OPL!

Is this week a possible worst week ever or are we safe from that due to Harvey and Ellie?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
Is this week a possible worst week ever or are we safe from that due to Harvey and Ellie?

Whilst this week hasn't had many blue wins, the low red wins mean that it could be the worst week ever! Its total payout so far is £32,751, meaning tomorrow's player must win £304 or more to avoid holding the title of joint worst week ever, which currently stands with the week beginning 04/09/2006 at £33,054...

Tom

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:43 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

This game never really went anywhere. It felt really slow, and to me, lacked an edge that say Ian's game had.

Andy was a nice guy, and should be praised for his job.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:55 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Despite the stability of the board, if you keep chipping away at the reds from the bottom, the game is never going to take off.

When the only decision in the game is whether to gamble £1,250 to win £1,500, you know your luck isn't in.

Aston

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:57 am    Author: Aston    Post subject:

These games for me are the harder ones to watch, 'cause I think the same as most of you here are saying, we'd of played through the offers in the same way Andy did, so we'd of ended up with the same amount. :oops:

Being personally shown (in games like today) that no matter how big your kahunas are, you could still walk away with very little. makes it uncomfortable to watch and takes away a bit of the reason I like the show.

I watched most of todays show at 6x speed so it didn't drag out the agony! :smt089

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]