Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Simon F wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
He was guarnateed 73K - he should have continued!

He had a 40% chance of a guaranteed £73k.

yeah sorry I meant that but was typing quick - I'm saying that if it was a few grand more and he was only guaranteed a 40% of 50K odd that's not so attractive.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

This week has been what the show needed to take it out of its slump. We seem to have had just about everything.

betasub

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:28 pm    Author: betasub    Post subject:

Thanks for the stats, Tom!

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:28 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
This week has been what the show needed to take it out of its slump. We seem to have had just about everything.

Yeah I completely agree!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

It's been a brilliant week - a huge turnaround today following a massive win earlier in the week is just remarkable!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

russboys747

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:28 pm    Author: russboys747    Post subject:

alexandercbrown wrote:

He wasn't guaranteed anything! It weas only if he didn't take out the 250k. And that, as Simon correctly calculated was only a 40% compound odds chance of that happening. It was weighted in the bankers favour, so I would have taken the 13k.

God, waterworks...

tr4962

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:31 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

russboys747 wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:

He wasn't guaranteed anything! It weas only if he didn't take out the 250k. And that, as Simon correctly calculated was only a 40% compound odds chance of that happening. It was weighted in the bankers favour, so I would have taken the 13k.

God, waterworks...

He was guaranteed a quid ;-)

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

To be honest, on a £250k/blue finish, I'd expect an offer of around £70k anyway so the banker's confirmation would only have removed the doubt of getting a Laura-type offer.

Zed2k8

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:37 pm    Author: Zed2k8    Post subject:

I'm glad he took the 13K, it was an "All Or Nothing" gamble.. He could easily have taken out the 250k, if NOT, whoah what a Decision he would have had to face..!! He's got £13,000 Cash, Well done Tony, Top Bloke Him..!! ;-)

Zed.. :-D

wkd

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:42 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject:

Obviously he couldn't face going away with nothing. Presonally I couldn't face dealing for thirteen grand and finding two hundred and fifty in my box.

Ah well, good game once the tale of woe was over with-no disrespect to the guy but why anyone feels the need to share this with the nation.

greeny

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:44 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

What a great game. I could see he kept looking over towards box 11, but I was praying he'd leave it, I had a really strange feeling 11 had the 250k today, and thankfully, it did in the end, in the prove out. Well done Tony!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:45 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Good game with tension and an interesting decision - the fact it was below 15K meant I wanted a no deal anyway and the call was an extra incentive to go on - but pleased he made the right choice anyway.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:10 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

At the start when I saw the sob story, I just thought: " :roll: Another depressing game"
But it was actually the complete opposite. That would've been a Trevor wash-out disaster ending if he'd continued. And Andy said he'd have continued and he had £250,000 in his box! :shock:

What a story Tony gave us though. I hope he and his kids enjoy the money.

Oh, and one more thing, I absolutely love Jo now. I was so pleased that the camera cut to her every 2 seconds :lol: She's doing everything perfectly in my opinion
- Getting involved
- Providing positivity for players
- Being very energetic (Does she actually ever run out of energy)
- Give sound advice
- Stands there and looks beautiful....

:smt049 :suspect: :smt049 :suspect: :smt049 :suspect: :smt049 :suspect: :smt049 :suspect:

george

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

I actually really didn't like that game. Tony seemed absoloutely silent and didn't seem to have much of a personality, to be honest...the game was weak and he took the first decent offer (though I would have gone on). It was just one of those games that didn't seem to have much tension, and I thought it was awful that only 1 of the 22 would no deal a fairly low offer with the £13k...I thought it was awful as well to be begging him to please...if I was on the wings I'd never dare to actually instruct someone on what to do; giving your opinion is fine, but saying 'deal, deal, please please deal' etc. is too far

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:35 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Having to endure a ghastly sob-story puts me in a bad mood even when its a contestant I like. What are Endemol doing heaping this misery on us? It isn't as if it affects the gameplay at in any way and all it does is make people want him to deal with no consideration of the board.

That aside the game was pretty disasterous and I figured he'd deal if he was offered a getout. And he was. £13k was a bit paltry I thought but it was going to take a hardened gambler to no-deal that and I didn't think for a minute he was one. Still they kept in all the dithering which kept the tension going and the proveout went in his favor so he didn't look a complete charlie.

So a decent enough show with a feel-good ending concludes an improved week with a mega-win. Lets hope it continues.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:42 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

george wrote:
...and I thought it was awful that only 1 of the 22 would no deal a fairly low offer with the £13k...

I don't think they were saying they would all no deal, just that they wanted him to take it as they couldn't face seeing him go away with nothing.

I'm sure a few of them would have taken the Wakey route (by the way, where is he at the moment? "Between usernames" yet again?) Sure a few on here are looking forward to Andy's game though!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:43 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Now that's what I call a close shave and one that had you on the edge of your seat! :shock:

And for once, 22 did not have the biggie! :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

For all those people who didn't like the sob story at the beginning. Just imagine if we didn't find all the background info and then Tony started getting emotional during the game for appartently no reason.

We'd have got loads of comments like "Why on earth is he getting so emotional about the game?"

KP

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

On that configuration, there's hardly an offer that isn't arguable either way.

Well apart from the eight-box and five-box offers he got but I digress. £13k was dealable. The Wakeyists would obviously have chased the £250k, I'd have chased the £73k myself, but without that I'd have expected a Laura offer, taken the £13k...

...and it was just about inevitable he'd take his. And well done on him. From the recap it feels like we're back in the spring of 2007, but Tony was having none of it. And that takes courage all of its own.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:19 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Simon F wrote:
For all those people who didn't like the sob story at the beginning. Just imagine if we didn't find all the background info and then Tony started getting emotional during the game for appartently no reason.

We'd have got loads of comments like "Why on earth is he getting so emotional about the game?"

What has a daytime TV gambling show got to do with his past misfortunes? Why should they even be mentioned or have the slightest relevence to playing a game for big money? A massive payout isn't going to bring his wife back, or grow him a new kidney.

If I was playing the game and trying to win a pile of cash I wouldn't suddenly burst into tears because my Granny died last November or I fell off my motorbike 2 yrs ago and smacked myself up. Its got nothing to do with anything. It wouldn't even enter my head to consider such things.

I don't recall contestants on The Weakest Link sobbing out tales of woe to garner sympathy or contestants on the Generation Game blubbing about their misfortunes in order to win 2 toasters. What about Bullseye? 'Yes you've won a speedboat. That should make up for your amputated leg.'

Its gratuitous, nauseous and just plain inappropriate.

[ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]