Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:33 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:33 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

James1978

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:36 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
The best thing about that was Harvey - he's fast becoming the pick of the wings for me!

Bit of an unspectacular game but I guess they all can't hit the heady heights like Betty's did but at least she got something decent out of it and avoided disaster, which was looking likely at one point. The deal could easily have gone either way with two large and three very small numbers left, there's a strong argument for both courses of action there. But I think you'd have to have been willing to gamble on a red/blue finish if you turned down the 10k, I couldn't see the last offer going beyong 15k unless you took out all three of the blues.

For once a deal was completely the right decision (well if you ignore the second offer...) ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:56 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
The best thing about that was Harvey - he's fast becoming the pick of the wings for me!

Bit of an unspectacular game but I guess they all can't hit the heady heights like Betty's did but at least she got something decent out of it and avoided disaster, which was looking likely at one point. The deal could easily have gone either way with two large and three very small numbers left, there's a strong argument for both courses of action there. But I think you'd have to have been willing to gamble on a red/blue finish if you turned down the 10k, I couldn't see the last offer going beyong 15k unless you took out all three of the blues.

For once a deal was completely the right decision (well if you ignore the second offer...) ;-)

Let me say this on KP's behalf - Thay already do ;)

Power5

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:09 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Aaron Brock wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Let me say this on KP's behalf - Thay already do ;)

And on basicasic's behalf, thank *beep* for that ;)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:55 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

A decent show with a good player and a reasonable result. I thought the £10,000 offer was a generous offer and was worth considering. I was expecting an offer of around £7,000 myself.

As for the Harvey prediction thing it did kind of confuse me at first. As I was watching the show on VOD I did rewind back to that point just to double check what was written. Thinking about it now, I guess it was just a mind game against the Banker. But was it just me or does anyone else think that they didn't actually cut the camera feed to Banker and he actually saw what was written? Not that it really mattered if he did see it.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:00 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Good game today, I really thought she was destined for an all-blue finish when she had 8 blues at the halfway stage, but she recovered well, and that almost felt like an OPW even though it was a TPW. £10,000 was a decent result given the instability of the board, and I'm glad the courage is starting to return (I imagine Hayley may have dealt the £1,500 or even the £5,000 before that). I was convinced at one point the £50,000 had come to the table again, but it turned out fine.

Well done Sheron!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:06 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Decent result but that was slightly poor banker play and only one decision to make.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:09 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

4 entertaining shows banter-wise this week so far that I've seen (excluding yesterday's which I haven't).

Today's 5-box board was the classic one that dealing was the right decision UNLESS you are prepared to gamble at 2 box on a red/blue finish. If you are prepared to gamble at 2 box, then no-dealing was probably the right thing to do. If not, why gamble a 10% chance of mega money against 30% chance of disaster (with a 60% chance of a max of £5k extra)

Tom

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:30 am    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That was another good game. I really liked Sheron, she'd been a favourite of mine for a while and she came across really well in that game so i'm glad she got a nice chunky sum of money.

As for the prediction, well i laughed a bit when they revealed it but I dont think it should be a lasting thing, although Harvey is turning into an awesome character.

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]