Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:34 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
It's a real shame that the power five has not been won in style, I have a feeling we're going to end up with a "It's been a year since a power five has been won" at this rate :(

Tbh, £40,000 would've got me out of the chair

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:39 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Actually the thing I don't understand, thinking about it is if he'd been a committed 20k targetist then surely he'd have taken the offer before?

I know the chance of the 250k had gone, but surely the more-than-evens chance of having at least almost double in the box was worth a go?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:48 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Absolute shocker of a deal. I'd hang my head in shame if I'd dealt that.

Martin was blessed with a great board all the way through and thankfully despite dithering at 8 box he eventually went on. But with the £250k going in the next round I knew he'd be frightened into a deal at 5 box no matter what the Banker offered. £20k. Game over. It was all so predicatable.

A hamster would be braver.

betasub

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:57 pm    Author: betasub    Post subject:

killersbee wrote:
Tbh, £40,000 would've got me out of the chair

On a 35k vs 50k finish, not many would deal for 40k. With 35k minimum in the bag, you are gambling the (comparitively small) extra 5k to win 10k more; on a 50:50 chance.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:19 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

*bangs head on wall* - a very irritating deal - 20K on that board?!

More like 28-30K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well I was out when the show was on, got back, looked on here, saw Martin played and thought "Who? Oh, urm, him, yes". Then I read this thread, saw he no dealt £20,000, thought "Oooohhhhh the first £20k or over offer this week and it's being no dealt"... but then I read he dealt £20,000 on a strong board, thought "Ah yes" and when I read he had a Power 5 in his box, I thought "Seems familiar".

"Oh" sums it all up really. Martin was ok, had a fairly interesting system, but I fast forwarded through the latter stages of the game as it wasn't inspiring me, unforuntately. I was planning to pause at Tom's box opening and even he didn't open it until the end! Sorry to sound a bit negative... I'm normally more positive about the shows, but the only 2 shows which have interested me in the last week have been Dave's and Jack's really...

In fact, even my Mum (who occasionally watches the show when I have it on) thinks it's been "crap" for ages now. I just asked her what she thought of it.

I'd say she's a fairly average DOND viewer as she only watches the show occasionally, doesn't post on the forum, doesn't watch it every day and isn't a DOND addict like we all are on here. She also groans when people deal on very strong boards and laughs when they no deal very generous offers, so she's not a targetist, not a cautious player and not a gambler.

I just asked my goat Henry what he thought of DOND these days and he got up, tried to butt me in the leg, bleated twice and ran around. Not sure what that means really. Oh apparently that's well-known goat language for "We need fewer targetists and more readers of the board".

EDIT: He's sat down again now.

Last edited by h2005 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wokoman88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:57 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

Glad to hear you survived Henry's temper agaisnt the targetists :D

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:41 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

It was a very low deal

Imo, £26,000 would've been a lot better at 5-box

As I said, we may end up with a "It's been a year since a power five has been won" message if these players don't start taking some courage, believe me, I would love to see players take a gamble and win big :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

When both KP and I disagree with a deal at 5 box, you can tell how cautious it was.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:24 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Well I do not want to annoy anybody but this is the TOP 5 on the 'Weak Deal Charts'

1. Ronnie
2. Angie
3. Geoff
4. Martin
5. Michael

Three of the power five with good blues as well. Weak deal for the board. The highest we've ever got this year was Daniels 90K offer and Patricia's 119K hypothetical offer. If we didn't know any better I'd say that Channel 4 and endemol are trying to save some money for their pockets. Next the Big Brother Prize would go down.

travis P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:06 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject:

jiveclive wrote:
Next the Big Brother Prize would go down.

Nah, the prize fund for Big Brother 9 is rumoured to be £250,000.

If that is true, you now know where the spare funds from DoND & Golden Balls are going to. :-D

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:44 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

It was a hidious deal and low and behold the prove out demonstrated why, the show is in a serious dip at the minute and its sinking fast.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:47 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

killersbee wrote:
I have a feeling we're going to end up with a "It's been a year since a power five has been won" at this rate :(

I have that feeling as well. If someone deals a poor offer with 3 of the power 5 still in play and the lowest blue is £100 what chance is there? At the time I thought the Banker should have made a derisory forcing offer of £12-£15k but in retrospect I think he would have dealt that.

SrWilson wrote:
the show is in a serious dip at the minute and its sinking fast

I'm just not sure how they can get the show back to its former glory. In fact maybe Endemol are happy with things as they are. After all if the ratings are holding up and their payouts are lower they're laughing all the was to the bank.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:56 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

It was an ultra-cautious deal, with a 30% chance of an all-power-5 finish, and the 3rd highest amount being substantially higher than the £20,000 he took. Even if he left one of those top 3 (a 60% chance), he would have had a decent get-out of £10k+, and I felt it was worth the gamble, as did most people. It was conservative play to say the least.

However, in order that this post doesn't become totally negative to this game, I would like to say that £20,000 is a decent sum of money to win. Very well done, Martin!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

mallard2007

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:26 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject:

i've just watched today's show and it's a shame Martin didn't play on to the end. :( Let's hope we get that big win soon :?

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:28 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

StatsMan wrote:
Even if he left one of those top 3 (a 60% chance), he would have had a decent get-out of £10k+, and I felt it was worth the gamble, as did most people. It was conservative play to say the least.

However, in order that this post doesn't become totally negative to this game, I would like to say that £20,000 is a decent sum of money to win. Very well done, Martin!

It was actually a 90% chance that the worst possible last pair would be 35k/blue at the very worst. It was only 10% that he'd be left eith the 2 blues. . Thta's what makes it so painfulin my eyes!!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:44 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I have to agree with the majority here about the deal.

When Martin reached 5 box and the offer was £20,000 I just instantly thought no deal (for me anyway). With 3 reds and 2 blues remaining I would of had the attitude that the chances are at least one of the reds was in my box and if not then i'm bound to keep at least one in and get a good offer, unless of course The Banker phoned to say he would only offer £5,000, or whatever, no matter which red was left. But then that would of made the end choice easy if it turned out to be a blue vs power 5.

It is kind of annoying that when someone deals they end up having a perfect game and when someone does indeed decide to gamble they have a trainwreck. It seems at this moment that the "entertainment drama" that is DOND is lacking in the drama department.

However Martin was a nice enough guy and got £20,000 out of the show though and i'm sure he's happy with that. But I felt today's show to be a bit flat with not much excitment or entertainment. I did like the opening round with the system and The Banker guessing the numbers, only because I was wondering how he knew and I was confused as to what the system was.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:31 am    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

I think the 20k has sorted out his money problems..Good luck to him.

I would have gone on to the end.
Aitch, ;-)

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:40 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I'm gonna try and keep it short tonight.

Yes, it was a weak deal, i accept that (seeing as I would have got £35k out of it). But if it really is going to change his and his wifes life, then good for him.

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]