Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:38 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:38 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

mallard2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:55 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
A good show today with some hilarious moments :-D shame that Troy didn't go one further and get some morey money, but i hope the 15k will do a lot fo r him and his partner Dan :-)

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:24 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

jjcocherfan wrote:
The public may not like the games like myself however I keep watching for the hope that we get a good set of players on the wings who will take a (big or little) risk for their money.

I wouldn't pin too many hopes on that!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

idgie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:41 am    Author: idgie    Post subject:

Congrats Troy my man. Very happy you got some decent cash from the banker - regardless of power fives in the box 15 is v. respectable and can do a lot! :D x

Troy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:56 am    Author: Troy    Post subject: Thankyou

Can I just say a 'huge' big thank you to all of the lovely guys and girls on here - you have all been great!

On a personal note...I applied for this gameshow when life was very dark for me.... we had lost our jobs, and we had lost our home....

To me £15,000 is enough to change our lives - and it has done - we move to Gran Canaria next week.
At the audition I was asked what I would deal on - I said £20k !

I don't think Endemol look for strict gamblers, or non gamblers, but for real people....that a real amount of money would change their lives for whatever reason, or just genuine real people regardless of backgound etc!

I'm sorry if people think I wimped out, and it was a disspaointment to watch - but it's a game show - people win, and people lose...and quite frankly, the fact I'm about to start a new life in another counrty with £15k in my pocket doesn't make me a loser!
(That's my rant at the knockers of my decision, lol)

But once again, thankyou for all the nice messages etc....it's nice to know that some people can be bothered to write a message saying something nice to someone - there's not enough of that about in my opinion!!

Take care everyone, and i will do my best to watch and log on over in GC

Troy
xxxx

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:20 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Well done Troy on the £15,000 ^^^^^^^^^^

I actually thought it was quite an entertaining show. I liked when Dave got kicked out and Troy actually got to open a box on the wings (first time that's happened hasn't it?) and I think the twins are going to be fun and all in all a fun show.

I'll admit that I thought Troy should of gone on at least one more round, I would of myself, but obviously that was a risk he couldn't afford to make and if £15,000 is life-changing money for him then surely the obvious choice for any player in that situation, when the money will change their lives, is to deal?

jjcocherfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:38 am    Author: jjcocherfan    Post subject:

mike wrote:
Well done Troy on the £15,000 ^^^^^^^^^^

I actually thought it was quite an entertaining show. I liked when Dave got kicked out and Troy actually got to open a box on the wings (first time that's happened hasn't it?) and I think the twins are going to be fun and all in all a fun show.

I'll admit that I thought Troy should of gone on at least one more round, I would of myself, but obviously that was a risk he couldn't afford to make and if £15,000 is life-changing money for him then surely the obvious choice for any player in that situation, when the money will change their lives, is to deal?

My personal opinion is that it's a gameshow, so people should at least risk their target to get more. Targets actually can be more exciting if the player decides to put that target on the line in order to get more (see: Hannah)

These bog standard, no-risk, average 10-20k deals are very very mediocre and monotonous.

Tom P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:58 am    Author: Tom P    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
Yet another £10k-£20k deal today - we seem to have a glut of them recently.

It would be nice to see someone take a risk now. It seems ages since we had someone take a calculated gamble.

Just a quick note, while it seems like it's been ages since someone took a big gamble, when we film these shows, we're filming 3 shows a day, 5 days a week. These shows all came off the back of Bankers week, so the fear was very much still there. For what seems to the viewer to be a weeks worth of viewing, to us was only 2 days.

The average viewer therefore would probably have forgotten a lot of what happened two weeks ago, whereas for the contestants, that's something that it still very much fresh. The fear was still there and people were very nervous.

Just my two cents :-)

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:40 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
Yet another £10k-£20k deal today - we seem to have a glut of them recently. A 4/4 board at 8 box was a tough call with the odds of hitting 1 of the 5 figure reds the same as hitting 2 of them.

£15k was about right for the board and like yesterday was a marginal call. It would be nice to see someone take a risk now. It seems ages since we had someone take a calculated gamble.

Totally agree , they don't even have to be wakeyists - an additional 13K would have been a very good improvement.

The 15K deal was a bit of another damp squib - sorry but it's my honest opinion.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I wouldn't have made the decision you did. Doesn't make it wrong. I think the number of indisputably 'wrong' decisions on this show can be counted on one hand, two at most. (I'm basically thinking of the rejections of offers above the mean, and also two or three Deals.)

Interesting that you suggest Endemol are not necessarily looking for gamblers. This may have been the time to look - but there's such a time lag between casting a contestant and then having them in the studio, I guess, and so you might see them cast a few gamblers to offset a period of caution, and then end up with January 2007 all over again. (How long was it between you getting called for the show and arriving at the studio for your first game, Troy?)

Good point in terms of memories of that fortnight. You're still in that same week. Maybe one or two more Power 5 boxes arriving on the table might change that, I dunno - but I guess it's all these intangibles that make this game far more subtly interesting than it would be if this forum's vociferous minority had their way.

It's clear you got what you came for - while I'd have been prepared to chance it for more on that board, you had a plan and stuck to it. It has its limitations, as you discovered, but I strongly suspect that in your situation a collapse would have produced a much greater regret.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:18 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

KP wrote:
I wouldn't have made the decision you did.

Well it must have been a lame deal if even KP wouldn't have dealt :shock:

KP wrote:
It's clear you got what you came for

But he didn't. He actually stated in his audition he wanted £20k. So he actually bailed out well below even that. And quite frankly a fat lot of good £15k is going to do in Gran Canaria. Now £28k is a different kettle of fish.

And £75k .......... imagine what you could have done with that ........

Troy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:30 pm    Author: Troy    Post subject:

Actually £15 k is gonna do a HUGE amount for us over there!!!

We have already paid for an apartment for the next year....and will be working when we get there!!

You're entitled to your opinion matey but quite frankly I for one am not interested in it....

15k has COMPLETELY CHANGED OUR LIVES for the BETTER!!!
Please remember that the next time you look out the window and its cold and raining...and all you are doing is slating people for appearing on a gameshow!!!!!

And in response to your previous thread about me being a loser.....i dont many losers that have just won 15 grand!!!!

Adios Amigo!!!! :-D :-D

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:34 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject:

Troy wrote:

We have already paid for an apartment for the next year....and will be working when we get there!!

You're entitled to your opinion matey but quite frankly I for one am not interested in it....

Please remember that the next time you look out the window and its cold and raining...and all you are doing is slating people for appearing on a gameshow!!!!!

And in response to your previous thread about me being a loser.....i dont many losers that have just won 15 grand!!!!

Well said! £15k is a huge amount of money! Ok you could of 5 times that amount but you would of been gutted if you got a blue! :-D

Well done and enjoy your money and your new life in Gran Canaria!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:18 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Hope you enjoy the £15,000, Troy.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I don't mind cautious deals so much if the player is a character like Troy was (and it was a pleasant surprise as he'd made little impression on me before his game), and the show is good fun with all the wing banter. Though the twins are a bit much for me I have to say.

I think that clealry was a case of the potential upside in the board (and clearly there was some, I thought a calculated risk taker could have got 28k without having to be a Wakeyist) not being as attractive as the 15k was over possibly going home with a blue. I've never been in a situation like Troy so I'm trying to imagine that the 15k would have sorted out his life, and how he'd felt if he'd turned it down and ended up with 10p. I'm sure he'll regret missing out on more but not by as much as if he'd ended up losing that offer.

The 75k in the box didn't bother me as much becuase it would have needed a Lynne to no-deal at 2-box, but I thought due to to back-up low-mid reds, the only way he wouldn;t have seen 15k again was to take out the 100k and 75k in one round, then the 20k and 15k in the next. Both of which were highly unlikely.

I would have gone on one more round, but it's great to hear than the money changed your life Troy!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:04 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Troy wrote:

Well what's done is done and no point looking back.

I will say this. By using the money to invest in your future (rather than spending it on a car, holiday, TV etc) at least you are giving yourselves the chance of greater rewards (lifestyle and financial) at a later date.

So good luck in Gran Canaria. ;)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I know I've posted these in his fanclub, but I'll post them here too, so they're twice as easy to find if needed.

[ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]