Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:29 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
That looks spectacularly bad, think it outdoes even Siobhan's game and a few others that happened around then! Will have to try and watch this one some time!

idgie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:04 pm    Author: idgie    Post subject:

What spectacularly bad luck. Poor Derek.

You played with such grace a dignity and you deserved to take home more.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:34 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Today's game was amazing really... right from the all-red opening round to the end. When it was a one-box game with the £35k, to be honest, I was expecting him to keep it to the later stages of the game and we'd end up with another fairly dull £5k / £6k deal on a blue vs £35k finish... but how wrong was I?!

I thought we'd at least end up with a final five of 3 blues and £3k / £5k, or 4 blues and £3k or £5k... but to get an all-blue final SIX is quite something. We had some bad luck today, but at least it was spectacular and relentless throughout - it's not as if he'd turned down high offers earlier in the game, so he can have no regrets. To have 4 "blue" offers , only one red offer and a peak offer of £1,300 really is quite something. The offer of £1,300 was actually quite good for the board - the banker could've got away with just offering a joke offer there!

Derek took it brilliantly well and it was actually a fun show what with all the strange stuff at the start with Noel, Mandy, Kay and Si. Bizarrely Derek's show is one of my favourites of recent times due to the astonishing bad luck and the grace with which Derek took it. It's a shame Mr. Showaddywaddy didn't win more, but with an attitude like that and hair like that, who needs money?! :P

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:39 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Another hilarious bit I've just remembered was when £750 went after the second break and everyone cheered and clapped...that was actually pretty disastrous on that board! If it had been £1k they'd all have groaned!

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Another hilarious bit I've just remembered was when £750 went after the second break and everyone cheered and clapped...that was actually pretty disastrous on that board! If it had been £1k they'd all have groaned!

That reminds me of a funny quote that had me in stitches on Bothers Bar - it was in Emi's game when she took out the £750 on a 1k-high board and said something like "Someone remind me why they are cheering the second-highest of seven remaining values?"!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:29 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

What an amazing game, but for the wrong reasons. There has been a few games lately that have been classed as "the worst ever" (or at least close to being the worst), such as Olga's game and then we had Phyl's game which Noel himself said was "statistically the worst game ever" and now we have Derek's game, which I think can safely be described as the "worst game ever".

It's just amazing that over the past dozen or so shows we have witnessed some of the worst games in the history of the show, where the player just has no chance of getting any decent money or offers out of the board. It looked like we were on a lucky run following the last 3 games and then this happens. Surely the luck has to change?

But despite the bad luck Derek had, it was just so bad it was unbelievable, it still produced a fascinating game. I was shocked & amazed at how this game was going and I just couldn't believe Derek's luck. Thankfully he seemed to take it well, despite the Banker being so over joyed he has classed today as "Banker's Day". Certainly a game for the Hall of Fame.

The gesture the Banker made at the end was nice and instead of rewarding a player with some cash after a disaster of game, which can be seen as unfair, he decided to pay for the drinks at the bar for all the contestants that night. So at least everyone can benefit from what can only be described as - game 718 - the worst in DOND history.

Stephen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:23 am    Author: Stephen    Post subject:

You took it well Derek ,sorry you didn't win more but as spending time in Bristol you realise it can be either euphoric or demoralising and it is just about luck.

H2005 said Blackburn in Lincolnshire but for reference it is Lancashire :D

All the best for the future Derek and if I see you on the Barbary Coast(if it still exists) I'll buy a drink.

Stephen game 470

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:57 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Stephen wrote:
H2005 said Blackburn in Lincolnshire but for reference it is Lancashire :D

Oopppppppppss yes I put the wrong county. :bin Corrected now. ;)

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]