Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:30 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:30 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
Bit of a silly time to deal with that board was easily worth going on for the 20k.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

suszie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

Me personally would have went on, as i would have been fine with going home with £500.

I hate people who say that they have said amount in the box, but don't go for it, and was proved it was in her box.

Today and yesterday game should have been the other way about.

redrum666

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well, I didn't have a clue who Shirley was when it turned out that it was her turn to take on the banker but, after a few minutes, I found her to be entertaining- far more so than the rest of this week's players. However, an entertaining contestant can rarely make a game cursed with unrelenting "sting in the tail" rounds still feel good and Shirley suffered exactly that today.

I thought that the offers were pretty low today and the offer she took was, in my opinion, the only one worth taking but I did feel that Shirley should have (and was going to) push on to 2-box... I do believe that, had the offer truly been £7,500, she would have accepted it so I doubt we'd have seen a £20,000 win today anyway.

I'm not sure what to make on the whole. The deal itself wasn't as weak as it looked but, having got that far and with a guaranteed £500 anyway, I did feel that Shirley should have pushed on. Instead, we got another average win in the end to add to this boring run of low deals/low box wins that we are getting at the moment. The show was saved, for me, purely by Shirley's humour and by Eunice- the only person on the wings I could give a monkeys about anymore.

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

Well, i can see why she dealt, one box and she wasnt going to get another offer anywhere near £4,000!

£4,000 is a lovely sum of money and im sure a lot of people would love to have it in there bank account tax free!

Yes she could have had £20,000 but £4,000 is £4,000!

The banter between Shirley and the banker and Noel was hilarious (well i thought it was but im easily amused)!

Well Done Shirley on £4,000!!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

The saving grace for me during this run of bad luck and average deals is the number of people I like on the wings at the moment - Eunice, Derek, Ronnie, Troy, Angela, Kay, Peter, Dave, Diddy and Jack! I think the 22 at the moment is very good.

Although we've just had 3 games in a row which have been very average due to bad luck, the promise of the current 22 bringing entertaining shows at the very least means I'm still enjoying the show.

russboys747

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: russboys747    Post subject:

Okay.. So now I am almost 100% certain Noel was aware of what was in her box.

Noel: "I dunno.. I've just got a feeling that £20,000 is in here."

Noel (a few mins later): "I really HAVE got a feeling you have the £20,000. I can't explain it.. I just know you've got it."

Yeah. Right. I'll tell you why you have a feeling Noel. It's because you have a 'the adjudicator let slip what's in your box to me earlier' kinda feeling..

Anyway. Whatever.. I didn't like her at all. A bit 'show-offy' for me, and too upfront and confrontational for my liking. All this, "Hey Noel.. It's MY show.. isn't it? I can do what I like' attitude just rubbed me up the wrong way.

The thing that bugged me the most was,

"Can we go to a break."

Noel replies, "Of course.. It's your show."

She then said, "I know." In a arrogant kinda way.

Hmmm. I was kinda willing her game to collapse. But that would be wrong of me.

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

russboys747 wrote:
Okay.. So now I am almost 100% certain Noel was aware of what was in her box.

Noel: "I dunno.. I've just got a feeling that £20,000 is in here."

Noel (a few mins later): "I really HAVE got a feeling you have the £20,000. I can't explain it.. I just know you've got it."

Yeah. Right. I'll tell you why you have a feeling Noel. It's because you have a 'the adjudicator let slip what's in your box to me earlier' kinda feeling..

He probably does this a heap of times but they edit it out because he might be wrong most of the time! Also i remember he predicted the £250k in the players box when it wasnt, so just because he got it right once doesnt mean he knows where all the amounts are!

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:17 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

What an dreadful dirge of a game. I've been to livelier funerals. And it wasn't helped by the fact that I found Shirley loathesome so wasn't rooting for her to win a big amount. There was also just no charisma or pizzaz. Nothing.

Having established that I really was bothered not whether she won £250k or 1p the only hope was that she would turn out to be a gambler and take a few chances to spice things up a bit towards the end.

No. That avenue of excitement was quickly closed by the 5 box deal which snuffed out the smouldering remains of an almost dead show. The £20k in her box was the final nail in the coffin and I can't think of anyone more deserving to have missed out on it.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:25 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

The entertainment was fantastic topped off with a deal, which I also thought was a good offer. Well done Shirley.

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Aaron Brock wrote:
The entertainment was fantastic topped off with a deal, which I also thought was a good offer. Well done Shirley.

April fools was 2 days ago!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

lipsty-marie83

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: lipsty-marie83    Post subject:

Well done Shirl honey - you were fab and looked gorgeous!! Don't worry about basic or whatever his name is - clearly an absolute geek who thinks far too much of himself! sorry when was your gme basic??? Oh that's right you've not got on - bless

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:29 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

It didn't really feel like it but that was actually an OPL, on the anniversary of another one with Nathan!

I really liked Shirley but sadly the luck of the boxes meant that was yet another pretty dull game. Can't really fault the deal she did though.

never_wrong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:20 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Wow, Shirley was really quiet on the wings so I wasn't expecting much banter when she was in the chair but that was a good show! Ok, the game wasn't great and the fact she kept hitting a big one everytime the board started to show some promise didn't help but she can't help the boxes.

Despite what some people are saying, I think that showed that even poor games can be saved by entertaining players, both in the chair and on the wings.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:21 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

God, to come on here a couple hours after a very amusing game was odd! From most of Big-Davey's posts it sounded like it was a disaster and someone had died... but it wasn't. I found Shirley very funny (and her sister) and they certainly delivered a great game! The only thing that spoilt it was Noel trying to put her on a guilt trip throughout the proveouts. I'd have hit him if I could for ruining a fantastuc game. But I couldn't, so I did my best to ignore it. I loved the humor in that show and Shirley's confident and over confident attitude. I really hope that you and your children enjoy the money, Shirley :-D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Sorry Cookie - suddenly I'm finding it harder to get into the games...and the bad luck is certainly not helping. :oops:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Curious one, this: maybe Shirley was acting confident to draw big offers?

A game that really just bumped along, although we did get a very curious five-box configuration; I suspect Shirley thought it wasn't her day. I'd probably have gone on and taken £7,500, but really the main argument for a No Deal was not the upside potential but the limited downside potential.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:47 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

lipsty-marie83 wrote:
Think "Basic" thinks of himself as a bit of a hero!!!

Find out a bit more about him and you'll know why

£4,000's a lot of money but £7,500's more, £20,000 is more. I think even Beryl would have gone on, and then dealt the £7,500. No wait, £4,000 does seem a bit much for Beryl...

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:02 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

A quite enjoyable game. Lots of good banter. Just shame about the result.

Shirley was certainly different to how I expected her to be though...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Would Beryl have even got to £4,000? She might have dealt earlier and won more - she dealt at £3,100 with the £250,000 still in play, albeit with not much else! (Of course, hilariously, the one significant safety net she had left, she had in her box... but I digress.)

It was a strange five-box configuration - it was one that looked a clearer No Deal than it was to be honest!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Don't know if I was watching a different show to everyone else, but I found Shirley and the banter with her sister really amusing! And we were even treated to double Eunice's funny box openings! :)

OK, it was a pretty dull game otherwise, but I don't think the deal was as bad as some are making out, indeed the mean was less than £5.5k, so was good in that respect, and also there was only one box significantly higher than the offer. Is that the tamest final 5 there's ever been? I'm beginning to think, however, that high blues really do make a difference over banker's power 5. If she'd had 1p and 10p instead of the £500 and £750 then the offer would have been half of what she took, then she probably would have no-dealt!

Trouble is, with three 4-figure wins and one absolute disaster, we're on track for the worst week ever, indeed I think last week was only saved by Brian and I was a bit disappointed with his deal. Is it something like £15,000 is needed in the next two games to prevent it?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]