Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:42 am Last visit was: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:42 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:33 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
What a unusual game that was. First we had the boxgate incident, then the piece of confetti from above and then a 3rd offer deal to top it off.

I liked David and I thought he played a good game (ok, yes he could of got more). But considering what happened in his game and the fact that he would of actually lost £250,000 if the game had continued in a normal manner then perhaps he took that as his sign to deal and not risk his luck. He obviouslly wasn't greedy and was happy with his £12,500 so why risk something that you could potentially lose.

As for the boxgate incident it was certainly unusual. I liked how Noel at first thought that the number had fallen off in the box, hence him laughing, then David going to look & see with Noel going "don't touch it" about 4 or 5 times and then all of a sudden when Noel realised what happened he turned really serious.

Now I don't know how long this situation lasted for but i'm guessing quite a long time while all the producers try to figure out what to do and then explain to Noel the situation, then of course all the reshuffling and sealing off the boxes.

I guess it was only fair that they gave David an option of how to continue with the game and whilst they could of continued the game as normal, the producers most probably wanted to make the situation fairer for David and make themself look better after the blunder.

Now i'm going to believe this was a genuine mistake, though quite how the IA missed putting a number in if she works alone in a room I don't understand. Surely she would of noticed a number lying around?

I bet the IA got a bit of a telling off after this incident and I bet whoever filled the boxes for today's game was told to be extra careful.

Profile E-mail  

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:57 pm    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject: put up job

lathebault wrote:
How the hell does the value escape the box? :shock:
i can,t see anyone making a silly mistake like that ,after all the amount they put in the boxes is big enough to see how could it go unnoticed?i think it was a put up job just to add a bit of a difference to the show.

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:03 pm    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject:

matthew17 wrote:
He dealt at the 3rd offer??? I hate it when people do that :x :x
Well if his wife had kept her gob out of it i think he would have gone on, when he turned round and looked at her she said take it no one has mentioned this.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

croftrock wrote:
mattymc13 wrote:
Anybody who thinks that crap was for real is seriously stupid. It's just a bit too convenient. The one day a priest is on, the "independent" loser forgets to put the 250k in and nobody realises until the box is opened? What a pile of crap. I smell a swing by the producers, trying to keep the gullible viewers entertained.

In fact, it proves the game isn't rigged. This incident had to be fully investigated at the time as is reported in a number of papers today. It proved there is an indepedent adjudicator who genuinely works alone and genuinely made a mistake.

TV shows can't make things up anymore. If there was no independent adjudicator Deal would have been charged months ago for saying that there was.

I thought that was fascinating. Really exciting, even though I knew it was going to happen weeks ago!

without having seen this game isn't basicasic right to a certain extent, all they had to do was contact the IA to find out what the value was then continue the game as normal, right? :?

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:00 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

I wondered as well how you can not notice a box lid lying in a room when it's all you have to do there. does seem strange.

What really annoyed me about this game was Noel absolutely sucking up to David when it happened. Am I the only one who felt that that whole "We're so fortunate to have a man of your stature at a time like this" speech was the most obsequious pice of sycophancy ever seen? And quite insulting to the integrity of everyone else as well? someone should have slapped him :)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:24 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

KP wrote:
If David had had Matty's game, assuming the same offers (a stupid assumption, granted, but we'll run with it), he'd have taken a historic second-offer Deal and gained a highly creditable TPW, selling the 1p to boot, and about seven people would probably have been banned from this forum.

If David was in the same situation as Matty and was offered £20,000 at the second offer, assuming he'd deal (which I think he might of actually), I wonder how they would of handled the boxgate incident then.

If theoreticly David had dealt the second offer and was then to find the "dodgy" box with no number in it, would they have continued the game as normal? Surely as he had would of dealt (again theoreticly) they would have just continued as normal after finding the missing amout. Or would they make some kind of offer to him to restart the game and hope he doesn't deal the second offer again, because Endemol doesn't want someone dealing the second offer now do they?

Plus I could just imagine the conspiracy theories if David had been the first ever person to deal at the second offer and then they end up revealing a "dodgy" box straight after he had dealt.

Profile E-mail  

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:28 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

David's game was certainly interesting. I wasn't surprised when he dealt at the third offer, I didn't expect him to be a gambler. I'd have carried on at least one more round, but I'm sure he'll put the £12,500 to good use. As for the missing box value, I don't know whether it was a setup or not. After the whole viewers competition fiasco, I doubt they'd want to be investigated again. However, it'd be interesting to know what was in David's box originally.

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:23 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

This was the first episode I'd seen of Deal or No Deal since Clive's game on January 4th - literally as well, I'd not even seen any old episodes between now and then.

It was interesting seeing a group of 22 contestants I'd never seen before, it reminded me of being in the audience and the Christmas Star shows. David was quite a fun character, couldn't really see any others in the 22 although the guy who went crazy in the first round when he revealed a blue looked fun. The 'Duckinfield' spoonerism totally cracked me up!

Boxgate II was awesome, it's fun when things happen like that. Bit disappointed when he dealt immediately after...I was a bit annoyed when he said "I'm only in this for the money" but then I remembered he was playing to give money to charity, which makes it a bit better - sadly it did mean that the box bit was the only interesting point of the episode, and without it then we'd have had another game like Terry's in December.

So an interesting episode and well done to David for winning £12,500, although it's not really convinced me to start watching again. Especially because the game after this has been mentioned in the 'Most depressing games' thread, so I shudder to think what happened there!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:13 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

http://www.channel4.com/interact/viewfi ... index.html

Apparently 18 people complained about this episode to Channel 4, saying it should have been cancelled because of the error! :?

The 19th and 20th March episodes got even more complaints so I'm off to see what happened in them...

Profile E-mail  

Craig

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:20 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
http://www.channel4.com/interact/viewfinder/cheers-and-grumbles/cheersindex.html

Apparently 18 people complained about this episode to Channel 4, saying it should have been cancelled because of the error! :?

The 19th and 20th March episodes got even more complaints so I'm off to see what happened in them...

Im sorry, but that is just utterly pathetic! Cancel a show based on a human error! Im sorry but viewers these days are just complaigning over the smallest detail now! and what was wrong on them two shows. People probably complaigned because they could haver got more money!

Im sorry but that really is the worst reason to cancel a show!

Profile E-mail  

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:35 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:

19 March: Some viewers didn't think Alex was being treated fairly by The Banker. (link)
20 March: People complained about Noel's rather aggressive shouting towards Greg (on the wings), which Greg was clearly upset by. (link)

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:47 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Craig wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
http://www.channel4.com/interact/viewfinder/cheers-and-grumbles/cheersindex.html

Im sorry, but that is just utterly pathetic! Cancel a show based on a human error! Im sorry but viewers these days are just complaigning over the smallest detail now! and what was wrong on them two shows. People probably complaigned because they could haver got more money!

Im sorry but that really is the worst reason to cancel a show!

the show shouldn't have been cancelled but the error was unfairly dealt with as the game should have continued as normal with the QM gone.

[ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]