Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
mattymc13 wrote:
Anybody who thinks that crap was for real is seriously stupid. It's just a bit too convenient. The one day a priest is on, the "independent" loser forgets to put the 250k in and nobody realises until the box is opened? What a pile of crap. I smell a swing by the producers, trying to keep the gullible viewers entertained.

In fact, it proves the game isn't rigged. This incident had to be fully investigated at the time as is reported in a number of papers today. It proved there is an indepedent adjudicator who genuinely works alone and genuinely made a mistake.

TV shows can't make things up anymore. If there was no independent adjudicator Deal would have been charged months ago for saying that there was.

I thought that was fascinating. Really exciting, even though I knew it was going to happen weeks ago!

Craig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

mattymc13 wrote:
All I am saying is...it was so obvious leaving the 250k out of the box was intentional. It was almost painful watching Noel trying to overact his way out of the situation. Ratings dropping? Maybe.

Why would they intentionally leave it out of the box? With all the trouble endemol have been in with the viewers comp, do you actually think they would pull something like that! I think Noel did a great job with the situation they were in!

Imagine what the game would have been like if the £250k wasnt left out!

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:09 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Craig wrote:
mattymc13 wrote:
All I am saying is...it was so obvious leaving the 250k out of the box was intentional. It was almost painful watching Noel trying to overact his way out of the situation. Ratings dropping? Maybe.

Why would they intentionally leave it out of the box? With all the trouble endemol have been in with the viewers comp, do you actually think they would pull something like that! I think Noel did a great job with the situation they were in!

Imagine what the game would have been like if the £250k wasnt left out!

The viewer's comp was run by Channel 4 not Endemol but still you're right. They cannot fix this game in any way. New rules mean that would be fraud.

It's a shame people still believe in foul play since all it does is spoil your enjoyment of extraordinary things when they happen

Shame he dealt to early too. That's my only gripe. Would have been even more amazing if he'd pushed on a touch further!

mattymc13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:13 pm    Author: mattymc13    Post subject:

This is very different. It's not like they are cheating the nation out of millions. It's one man. A priest infact. Priests are the most understanding people in the world.
I tell you what is a fact. It is a fact they tried to turn that episode into a religious thing. Banker offering 666, the 250k being conveniently left out, resulting in Noel showing everybody it was the 250k. In the interest of fairness (if this was genuine) he shouldn't have shown anybody, but he did because he was trying to turn the game into a miracle, just because the contestant was a priest.

Surely someone agrees?

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

cookie_monster wrote:
lathebault wrote:
£26,000 :D And we're happy to see it today.

How *beep* rude! Have some feelings for him, the man was raising money for charity!

People raising money for charity should go on a sponsored walk or something. Going on a TV gambling show is inappropriate and spoils it for the viewers.

cookie_monster wrote:
He came to raise money for charities and for the church etc and you're saying you liked the fact that he squandered money? How very selfish of you!

The church is one of the richest organisations in existance. What do they need a big payout from DOND for?

travis P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject:

mattymc13 wrote:
Banker offering 666

The Banker has offered £666 before on a few occasions. While that figure is Walter P Smyth's (Aussie DoND's Banker) trademark figure and is often used on his early offers.

Remember, Noel revealed the £250,000 card "before" the boxes were mixed up. Assuming there is only one card for each amount, then Noel is revealing the correct amount.

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

mattymc13 wrote:
This is very different. It's not like they are cheating the nation out of millions. It's one man. A priest infact. Priests are the most understanding people in the world.
I tell you what is a fact. It is a fact they tried to turn that episode into a religious thing. Banker offering 666, the 250k being conveniently left out, resulting in Noel showing everybody it was the 250k. In the interest of fairness (if this was genuine) he shouldn't have shown anybody, but he did because he was trying to turn the game into a miracle, just because the contestant was a priest.

Surely someone agrees?

It's not different actually. You literally cannot say anything in a TV show anymore that is deliberately misleading whether money is invovled or not. Look at "Homes under the hammer" they had to apologise and even put an explanation online for showing people bidding from a different auction. It didn't hurt anyone, but it was false and so had to be apologised for. Deal has an independent adjudicator and no-one else knows where the money is. It's that simple.

Last edited by croftrock on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suszie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

I assumed they took david box away to have a new amount put in it, if they did they sure like the £15,000 as massimo had that in his box when they had to reshuffle.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
He came to raise money for charities and for the church etc and you're saying you liked the fact that he squandered money? How very selfish of you!

The church is one of the richest organisations in existance. What do they need a big payout from DOND for?

David said that the Church he uses is poor, therefore he came on to try and raise some money!

Basicasic wrote:
People raising money for charity should go on a sponsored walk or something. Going on a TV gambling show is inappropriate and spoils it for the viewers.

At the end of the day, he came on. Yes, some people may disagree that he shouldn't have, but he came on. It spoilt nothing for me, or my family.

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:22 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

suszie wrote:
I assumed they took david box away to have a new amount put in it, if they did they sure like the £15,000 as massimo had that in his box when they had to reshuffle.

Did he have box three? My Sky+ shows a stagehand carrying that box away. So yes, they shuffled his box too.

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:23 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

mattymc13 wrote:

Surely someone agrees?

You have a point. I would also add that as they actually knew what was in the box they should have just played on. The £250k couldn't have been anywhere else, none of the other boxes were affected and it would not have affected the eventual outcome of the original game.

It does seem like it was especially generous to give him a second chance at the £250k because he was a priest playing for charity. Really it wasn't necessary at all.

Mind you after all that he still blew it.

mattymc13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: mattymc13    Post subject:

It seems the independent adjudicator doesn't even know where the money is these days.

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:29 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

mattymc13 wrote:
It seems the independent adjudicator doesn't even know where the money is these days.

Lol! True!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:34 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I found today's show very interesting - what with the whole box shuffling thing. I knew it was going to happen due to reading about it, but I didn't know how they'd deal with it, and it was very much like the Boxgate incident in Massimo's game. Except this time we had it confirmed what was in the box which was "at fault"!

I suspected a third-offer deal as he seemed to be spending a long time dithering over it, and playing on would've been wise. I can see why he dealt however. And I think Noel didn't go on a full guilt trip as he seemed rather embarrassed by what had happened with the box...

suszie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:42 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

That wing seems cursed, first it was sam box that had nothing in it, then tom and his box and now kirsty.

lathebault

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: lathebault    Post subject:

Don't suppose it means anything but it's pretty obvious they have more than one quantity of value board. Which means they could have easily dug up another 250k board and made out that he was getting a really good opportunity to go for it again - when infact it could have been anywhere.

Didn't make a difference anyway as he dealt :evil:

russboys747

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: russboys747    Post subject:

I didn't see this game live today.. I just watched it on Sky+..

..But I must say that it is HIS game to do whatever he wanted.. After seeing Matty's game fall apart by 'just' going that 'one extra' round.. I think he was just being grateful for being given £12.5k and didn't wanna throw it away. Regardless of the board. We ALL know that good boards can turn bad in one round.

If he had said 'no deal' and gone on.. and then the next 3 boxes were 3 of the largest reds - then his game would have collapsed. Instantly.

Games can go either of TWO ways and he knew that was entirely possible.

Now, I am NOT defending him for that decision, as I personally would have gone on - regardless of risk as it would have created a more suspenseful game with the possibility of winning massive money.

But after all, he knows from experience that greed can hurt you - and he didn't want to be greedy or ungrateful for what is obviously a massive amount of money for him and his church/charities.

As far as I am concerned HE has thousands of pounds in the bank now - and Matty doesn't. And we remember how sick Matty felt after his game turned upside down. "God! I feel soooo sick. Why didn't I deal when I had the chance?" he kept saying under his breath.

Now he has 1p. And David has £12,500.

So, not the most exciting or big winning games ever. But one that, for David anyway, ended happily. As a result, some very needy or poor/ill/deserving people now have a little money that they wouldn't have had if David had been greedy and lost it all.

Nuff said.

lathebault

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:49 pm    Author: lathebault    Post subject:

russboys747 wrote:
I didn't see this game live today.. I just watched it on Sky+..

..But I must say that it is HIS game to do whatever he wanted.. After seeing Matty's game fall apart by 'just' going that 'one extra' round.. I think he was just being grateful for being given £12.5k and didn't wanna throw it away.

He Threw it away. And he did. By dealing. He was never going to throw it away by gambling. Or being normal and declining the 3rd offer.

Quote:
Regardless of the board. We ALL know that good boards can turn bad in one round.

Can do, but will not do every game and certainly today wasn't going to do with his odds.

Quote:
If he had said 'no deal' and gone on.. and then the next 3 boxes were 3 of the largest reds - then his game would have collapsed. Instantly.

That's possible but the odds are like under 5% or something very low. Which means 95% of the time you aren't going to take all 3 of the highest reds out. It has happened, but 675+ other game haven't.

You're telling me that every player should deal because of a tiny chance of collapse? When I say tiny, I mean below single figure percentages... maybe even less for the third round... ah i'll work it out.

3/11x2/10x1/9= 6/990... 0.6% That means 99.4% of the time the game will not collapse if i'm right?

Quote:
Games can go either of TWO ways and he knew that was entirely possible.

Yep. They can. Except today the odds of it going 'totally the other way' were 0.6%. What brainless moron would seriously consider that a too higher percentage to deal?

Quote:
Now, I am NOT defending him for that decision, as I personally would have gone on - regardless of risk as it would have created a more suspenseful game with the possibility of winning massive money.

Fair nuff.

Quote:
But after all, he knows from experience that greed can hurt you - and he didn't want to be greedy or ungrateful for what is obviously a massive amount of money for him and his church/charities.

Well today greed wouldn't have hurt him. Both with and without hindsight.

Quote:
As far as I am concerned HE has thousands of pounds in the bank now - and Matty doesn't. And we remember how sick Matty felt after his game turned upside down. "God! I feel soooo sick. Why didn't I deal when I had the chance?" he kept saying under his breath.

Infact, his biggest loss come from the £50,000 swap. Which shows that in a normal game the OPW would have come from the box on the table. He was unlucky to lose.

Last edited by lathebault on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:00 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

This could show the system she seals the boxes... She could start at 1p, then pick a ball out of the bag and that is stuck in the box corresponding to the number.

Joey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:29 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
I would also add that as they actually knew what was in the box they should have just played on. The £250k couldn't have been anywhere else, none of the other boxes were affected and it would not have affected the eventual outcome of the original game.

I suspect the reason why they had to reshuffle or start again and not continue with the game is there was the slim chance that there could have been something wrong with one of the other boxes.

If, for whatever reason, an amount was left out of one of the other boxes too then there would have been no way of knowing which amount was in which box.

So although there was a very slim possibility that there could have been a problem with another box, that chance was still there. Because of that, the only fair options were to reshuffle or start again.

[ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]