Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:03 am Last visit was: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:03 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:36 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
How awful. I was gutted at the end :? Joy was obviously very upset. At least Noel ended the programme in suitably sombre mood and stayed with her at the table.

Joy seemed such a lovely person, what a shame she couldn't have walked away with enough money to save her house. :(

Profile E-mail  

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:37 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Well, that sounds bad.

I was going to watch the M4 repeat, but I think I'll only look at the start..

Very unlucky Joy, was hoping you'd win a lot more.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:15 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I thought Joy seemed the type who would do really well from her time on the wings, but I knew the game was doomed the moment she said what she needed the money for. :(

I thought she was taking it really well too until the very end of the show.

That really was horrible TV - bring back the low 5-figure deals any day!!

It seems that most of the people who have the £100 box either seem to win it or manage to deal for less. :(

And I bet we were one blue away from a 26k offer too - that's the most depressing thing.

Please give us a real feel-good game SOON!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:29 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

If I was the banker (and it was my money) I'd probably give her an extra £1,000. That game was painfully depressing. I hope she stays alright and isn't thrown out onto the streets :(

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Yes, fingers crossed, she's OK!

I think that replaced Brunhilde's game as the one I've felt most deflated about afterwards!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

lathebault

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:46 pm    Author: lathebault    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
That really was horrible TV - bring back the low 5-figure deals any day!

Hell NO! :shock:

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:15 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Not another horrible game...poor Joy. She really didn't deserve that and i hope she doesn't get chucked out of her house.

And i totally agree, i much prefer the deals like last week. They were much better than these slightly depressing games..

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:33 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

That was a horrible game and I'd grown to really like Joy. After her stint away ill, I was hoping she'd come back and have a good game and win a lot... but it was not to be, unfortunately.

There were some funny bits in that game with Noel getting everyone to lean over, and the run of blues at one point convinced me she was going to win a good amount - but that shocker of a round later on where she found £100k and £250k blew her game apart.

I hope she's doing ok now - that has to be one of the most "painful" games ever, and I thought Noel's style of ending was very fitting... I don't see what else you can do / say after a game like that.

Profile E-mail  

sarahb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:40 pm    Author: sarahb    Post subject:

Joy was serious about her money problem and got very upset after the show. We actually went to the car park together and swore at the top of our voices to get the anger out ( we got alot of funny looks ).

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:42 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Horrible outcome for a lovely lady who deserved a huge sum of money. But as DOND law dictates people who really need the money don't often seem to get it; students Lee and Pete won 10p each, James who gave up his job won £10, and now Joy who wanted money to stay in her house wins £100. I hope she does ok for herself, I really do.

That is the nature of the game, though, the most likeable and entertaining contestants are not necessarily going to win the most money, they have just as much chance as a cocky, arrogant b*****d has of winning the top prize, like it or not. Still, at least you can't run off with someone's elses money like another well-known Endemol show. (Unless it is the banker's, of course!)

Profile E-mail  

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:38 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

I was so gutted about the end of Joy's game, even though I could sense that it was coming. Both breaks were a good few minutes later than usual, and Joy's interview with Noel at the beginning seemed to be longer than usual. I was glad that Noel didn't do his usual end, as it was uncomfortable to watch Joy get so upset. I just wanted the show to finish.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:50 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I did think the second break (on the More4 repeat) was rather late but given the situation I thought George was going to pull out a blue, there'd be a 20k+ offer, a deal then a quick proveout (most likely a collapse and an OPW) . I knew the minute he o pulled the 250k and the 3k forcing offer she was winning a blue.

Honestly I can't see how anybody (even lathebault) can prefer say an 8-box deal for 20k to that game. It wasn't even like it was a big gamble gone wrong going for the power 5 such as Orry/Artak which IS exciting even when they win a blue. There was no excitimenet there, the whole game ended in 2 boxes!!

MarkHouseUK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:52 am    Author: MarkHouseUK    Post subject:

Just how many times has George had the 250K in his boxes now?. He really is turning into a game wrecker. I had this awful feeling he had it again today. I was saying to myself moments before Joy chose him - no don't do it - he'll have the 250K again.

And he did. Thought Joy handled it really well until those final moments. That was really uncomfortable viewing. I hope Joy is okay and she still has her house.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:15 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Two bad games in a row. Wow. Hope this trend ends soon.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:45 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

oh dear - disatrous game. :(

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:13 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

MarkHouseUK wrote:
Just how many times has George had the 250K in his boxes now?. He really is turning into a game wrecker. I had this awful feeling he had it again today. I was saying to myself moments before Joy chose him - no don't do it - he'll have the 250K again.

And he did. Thought Joy handled it really well until those final moments. That was really uncomfortable viewing. I hope Joy is okay and she still has her house.

That was the second time George had the 250k, and he's hardly wrecked any games at all.

That game was truly heartbreaking, I found myself very close to tears at the end when I saw Joy crying.

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:10 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I was really enjoying this game with Joy, up until the discovery of the 250k followed by 100k.

It was an entertaining show with some good fun moments. I enjoyed Joy's comments such as finding a rich, old & impoent man, her joking about with Noel, when everyone started leaning to the left and one of my favourite ever Banker lines about why 'bridge is like sex'.

You could see how devestated Joy was when she hit the big money and part of me thinks she wanted to take the earlier offer of £10,000.

When Joy suddenly started crying at the end I found that to be one of the most uncomfortable moments in DOND history.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]