Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:26 pm Last visit was: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:26 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Ouch!

She really didn't deserve that. :(

I actuallyy thought she seemed a bit of a liability at the start, but she seemed to get steelier at the end when it came to the crunch decisions. She deserved a much better offer than 3k for getting to where she did in all truth!

I sort agree with the sentiments about the preferring to win 1p like that than deal 3k, but I think what most people mean is that they'd be happier turning it down and winning 1p than missing out on an extra 17k. I know I certainly would, but if you gave me a choice between 1p and 3k, then I'll have the 3k! :)

In all honesty, a 1p/red finish probably makes it an easier decision for me if the banker plays on that. Winning any other blue up to maybe £10 (possibly even £50) would not make a difference over 1p, so the offer being that low would just make me more certain to go on.

I think on all the 1p/red last pairs where the player has no-dealt, the only one I would have dealt was Chantelle's.....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:31 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Oh and now on the all-time lowest-winners line up, E8 now has THREE members (Fadil and Connell being the others!!) :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

lathebault

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:35 pm    Author: lathebault    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Ouch!

She really didn't deserve that. :(

I actuallyy thought she seemed a bit of a liability at the start, but she seemed to get steelier at the end when it came to the crunch decisions. She deserved a much better offer than 3k for getting to where she did in all truth!

I sort agree with the sentiments about the preferring to win 1p like that than deal 3k, but I think what most people mean is that they'd be happier turning it down and winning 1p than missing out on an extra 17k. I know I certainly would, but if you gave me a choice between 1p and 3k, then I'll have the 3k! :)

In all honesty, a 1p/red finish probably makes it an easier decision for me if the banker plays on that. Winning any other blue up to maybe £10 (possibly even £50) would not make a difference over 1p, so the offer being that low would just make me more certain to go on.

I think on all the 1p/red last pairs where the player has no-dealt, the only one I would have dealt was Chantelle's.....
Has anyone dealt on a 1p finish? (Except igor :P )

Anyway, that game was far better than the average 10k games in terms of viewing tension, we actually got some box opening tension today which give us a bit of variety for the show... we just need someone going to the end and winning the gamble.. then for me good deals aren't as annoying. (meaning statistically it was a good offer.)

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:39 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Ajay dealt £19,500 on 100k/1p. Oh and Shahid (Shed). And £49 Roy, quite forcefully!

suszie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:58 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Ajay dealt £19,500 on 100k/1p. Oh and Shahid (Shed). And £49 Roy, quite forcefully!

The funny thing is none of them had the 1p

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:38 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I enjoyed today's show, it's just a shame about the outcome. I was really hoping Margaret would have £20,000. To never get an offer above £4,000 just goes to show you how unlucky this game was. Though the last offer of £3,000 was indeed terrible, it should of at least been above £5,000 I thought.

Margaret shouldn't have any regrets really as it never was going to be a big money game and she never turned down any big offers either.

I also see the pilgrim from Saturday has returned, the one that likes to keep going "woo woo" when a blue is revealed or they go to a break.

Also did anyone else get a chance to read what was on Noel's card? As I was watching the show on Virgin On Demand I decided to pause just so I could have a look. Amongst all the names and ages of her family it said that Margaret is one of 7 children, it also stated in the risk section that Margaret is scared of flying, so when she and her husband Kevan go on holiday she always has to leave a day earlier.

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well i certainly didn't see that one coming...that was just rotten luck.

The offers were never there to get her a nice sum plus that last one was just mean.

Overall though, an awesome show..full of tension and some comical moments, especially from Margaret herself..

Profile E-mail  

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:17 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

Despite the result, I enjoyed Margaret's game. I wish she'd been given a fair offer at the 2 box stage. The £3k offer was just asking to be no dealt. If only she'd swapped.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:29 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

No, not again! I can't believe this! I vote they take that stupid 1p off the board for good and replace it with a £25,000, £150,000 or £175,000 space. This is getting stupid already. Enough of these 1p wins. I can now understand why less and less people are enjoying this show. Of course, more money can be made by selling the 1p cheque on eBay, but that's not the point. These 1p wins must stop at once.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:41 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
No, not again! I can't believe this! I vote they take that stupid 1p off the board for good and replace it with a £25,000, £150,000 or £175,000 space. This is getting stupid already. Enough of these 1p wins. I can now understand why less and less people are enjoying this show. Of course, more money can be made by selling the 1p cheque on eBay, but that's not the point. These 1p wins must stop at once.

It was hardly her fault!

She happened to pick her box at random before the show that happened to contain 1p, and she never got any decent offers, and didn't want to swap her box away that for one that could also have contained 1p or £20k.

If anything, blame the banker for making the last offer so useless!! :)

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:17 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think this show is one of the worst ever in terms of luck actually - it reminded me a bit of Philomena's, who had very low offers throughout (due to bad luck), but at least she ended up winning a high blue...

If only the banker had made a sensible final offer in the region of £6k - 8k, then she probably would've dealt, and then got an OPW! :evil: :(

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:31 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Still, I vote that the 1p amount be eliminated. No one wants to win such a low amount, bad luck or not. Make the lowest amount £1 or something, or go the same route as Golden Balls and make the lowest amount £10. Either that or bring back everyone who won 1p to play again. Seriously, 1p wins do not make for good television.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:48 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think the 1p is quite fun in as much as it's so low that it's effectively nothing, but it's still a piece of money which the player has to legally get a cheque for!!

Therefore I think the 1p provides a talking point, and it also is a significant part in the player vs banker "psychological battle". I say it should stay there... but I agree that if it's won too often, it'll get a bit boring. :|

I still find a 1p win far more memorable than a £5 or £10 win though. I could probably name all the members of the 1p / 10p clubs, whereas I'd struggle with the rest, despite the fact not a huge amount of people have won £5 for example.

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:28 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

1p cheque = massive profit on eBay. I'm sure some hardcore DoND fan would love to own a 1p cheque, and thus will pay a nice bit of money for it. Thus, the cheque's owner can reap the benefits of having a crap game.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:12 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Plus it's also the only cheque that Noel signs himself.

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:42 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I think this show is one of the worst ever in terms of luck actually - it reminded me a bit of Philomena's, who had very low offers throughout (due to bad luck), but at least she ended up winning a high blue...

If only the banker had made a sensible final offer in the region of £6k - 8k, then she probably would've dealt, and then got an OPW! :evil: :(

With the courage Margaret showed to turn down the 5 box offer of £3,200, she should have been rewarded with an offer at least double the miserly £3,000 that she got.

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:45 am    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject: another one bites the dust

h2005 wrote:
Margaret was a nice lady and it was a nice, feel-good show, but unfortunately the luck was just never there. :( I found it quite amusing Channel 4 showed a trailer for a documentary about call centres during the ad break in this show, bearing in mind Margaret worked for BT and Noel made a joke about keeping her waiting to play her game for 3 hours. :P

Hopefully this month won't turn into another month of 1p members...
Well another one bites the dust only seven more to go and who knows what might happen we,ll have to wait and see it.s been on the table 4 times since December.

ralphie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:37 pm    Author: ralphie    Post subject:

why are people cowards if they swap or take the last bit of money??

better to go with money??

:?

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:47 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

lathebault wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
Craig wrote:
lathebault wrote:
Why the hell are they clapping that £250,000? It's not the proveout pilgrims!

Maybe the pilgrims are trying to give Margaret a bit of support!

If I lost the £250,000 and anyone clapped i'd chin them lol.

Fantastic :-D

I second that. When the *beep* will it get through to them that revealing the biggest number, that one at the bottom, is BAD? Not GOOD, BAD. So you DON'T clap it.
Christ....

Anyway. 1p Sharon's final two and the same offer, thus exactly the same reason for the 1p win.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

croftrock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:39 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Seems I'm the only one but I'd have dealt £3000 in a heartbeat.

I'm not gambling £3K on an all or nothing one off bet even if you do offer me better than 6-1. Too much money to lose on a coin flip. She gambled - it didn't pay off, get out with something I say.

[ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]