Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 am Last visit was: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:53 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Now this I might deal...

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:53 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

I hope she doesn't have an OPL now...

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel says Namfon created one of the most powerful games we've ever had, and he says it's very rare for someone to deal at the lowest offer they've had.

12 - Danny - £50,000 :D

Noel doesn't think £20k will come to the table 2 days in a row

16 - Mark S - £750

9 - Daddy Shaun - £1

Banker time with 50p and £20,000 remaining

Profile E-mail  

h2005

Banker's offer would've been

£8,000

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

What a way to build up expectations then tear them down! I think only a £20k targetist or a coward would have gone earlier...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Stats after Round 6
Offer: £8,000
Mean: £10,000.25
Offer (%): 80.00%
Fair Deal: £5,050.13
Volatility: 40000.00
Redometer: -3 (↑1)

Board
50p

£20,000

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

Namfon says she'd have said deal

Noel opens Namfon's box 15 and reveals 50p :D

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

The other box - box 2 - Natasha - £20,000

Namfon says she enjoyed the game and Noel says full marks to her as she's very comfortable despite having a mid-game crash :D

Profile E-mail  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:09 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
basicasic wrote:
Great start - she should deal.

Haha - only joking ...........

Sometimes these starts are TOO good, and things seem to go downhill rather fast!

The DEAL joke could have been a wise move at the end of the game!!

I often prefer a mixed board rather than a large block of reds as the board is at the moment, as near the end you will have to hit the reds, and things seem to change very quickly....

Psychic kestral...

Well that was one of the most disappointing third parts to a game ever, after the first two were so amazing. Just shows how quickly the game can change. :? And I do wish the Banker would stop A) offering £26k whenever he gets the chance, even if it's clearly a load of rubbish and B) ringing back just before the player's about to answer the question. I'm not particularly bothered about him encouraging them to deal (although I was a bit disappointed that she dealt today after turning down four higher offers), it's just so bloody boring...

Profile E-mail  

mattsr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:13 pm    Author: mattsr    Post subject:

Does anyone else agree that the player should at least pick the boxes? It's one thing to ask for advice from your partner/mum/granny/pet budgie when contemplating a deal, but if you can't even decide which box to open without outside help it starts to get a bit pointless.

Still, I suppose the fact that one of her Mum's choices contained the 250K should be lesson enough. :roll:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:06 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

I really warmed to Namfon today, she was fun! I liked the way she said "YO!" to the Banker and when she waved to the camera at the second break, that was funny!

Shame her board had to collapse when it was looking so good, but I'm glad she got out of the game before it was too late and £10,000 is still alot of money!

Welldone Namfon, enjoy the money and thanks for giving us a fon game! :P Get it? Fon = Fun. I'll get my coat.

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:30 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

A potentially thrilling finish with big money was thwarted by a quite spectacular collapse but nonetheless still a decent enough game.

Namfon was a lovely girl and braver than most. I don't begrudge her her deal really. She turned down some serious offers in order to have a go for the big money when it was there but alas the cave-in was almost as awesome as the board at its height and the game fell apart.

She got out just in time and still took a very decent amount home. And was positive about the amount she actually won rather than dwell on the amount she could have won. Which is a decent attitude to take.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:47 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Just goes to show you how a board can change so much in so little time. Namfon had the perfect game going and it was ineveitable that she was going to hit some of the big reds, it was just unlucky that it had to be the £250,000 and £75,000 in one round.

That's why I wouldn't want a 'perfect' start to a game and kind of agree with the Banker's motto on the show that his perfect round is the top 5 reds. Because with such a strong board in play it's always going to take a big offer from the Banker to shift most people, not the £26,000 he offered today which I thought was too low for the board and with more high reds left the odds are that you're bound to start hitting them.

But I liked Namfon she was happy and jolly and didn't seem too disappointed by the way her game turned around. I was hoping for a bigger win from the way the game started but Namfon's highest offer of £26,000 in comparison to board at that time would of made most people no deal I suspect, so well done Namfon :)

Profile E-mail  

taff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:41 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: NAMFON

As Noel said, what a delightful person. Really glad she went away with meaningful money.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:14 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

After this Nam is my favourite contestant did you hear how she said 'I came here nothing now I've got 10,000 pounds come on'. Wheres Thailand.

mattsr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:43 pm    Author: mattsr    Post subject:

jiveclive wrote:
After this Nam is my favourite contestant did you hear how she said 'I came here nothing now I've got 10,000 pounds come on'. Wheres Thailand.

It's a shop in my local high street that sells neckwear for gentlemen.

You do know where Thailand is really, don't you? Please say yes......

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:32 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:

A very good game today - what an amazing start to the game and then an amazing collapse! I was expecting the third offer to be much higher than £26,000 - possibly around £35,000 - £40,000. That would surely have been dealt by Namfon and the banker could've got a victory had she gone on and kept taking out low values.

But he played it well as his gamble of forcing her on paid off and her game collapsed. £10,000 is a nice sum of money to win, and despite the strength of her board, she only missed out on £16,000 which isn't a huge amount when you think about what she could've missed out on had that third offer been higher.

Just imagine if this game had been a fairly normal December 2007 type one where she knocked out the big numbers, had offers around £5k - £10k, dealt at £10,000 and then had £20k in her box. But instead, we had that great start with awful collapse, which made it a memorable game. 2008 is impressing me. I hope it keeps it up.

Profile E-mail  

Aramid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:23 am    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

What a good deal!

jiveclive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

jiveclive wrote:

Yes. It's a country in Southeast Asia the capital is bangkok the national colours are blue, red and white and known for it's lovely beaches.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That was such a relief she didn't play to the end - the 10k was one of those times many would have chased their losses and ending up with 50p! And she was really cool too.

I can't remember any of the really huge wins coming on starts/boards like her halfway one. Maybe only really Daniel who kept all the power 5 to the squashdown! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]