Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:11 pm Last visit was: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:11 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:02 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
jiveclive wrote:
I'm sorry but Pat ruined Ollys game Ians game and Hayleys game I do not approve of it.

:shock: How can you say you don't approve of it though? The contestants don't choose what they have in their boxes! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:06 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

jiveclive wrote:
I'm sorry but Pat ruined Ollys game Ians game and Hayleys game I do not approve of it.

But it's not their fault if their box contains big amounts. It's all completely random.

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:12 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I know if I was playing and someone revealed a big number, yes i'd be gutted, but I wouldn't blame the player as it's not their fault and usually they feel bad enough anyway for revealing it despite them having no control over it's contents.

Profile E-mail  

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:14 am    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

jiveclive wrote:

Well on that basis you'd hate any contestant who ever had a Power 5 amount in their boxes then.

That's just about everyone.

Profile E-mail  

jiveclive

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:17 am    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Okay It isn't Pats fault. Now this is the topic about hayleys game not Pat. Did you see how Orry and Jean were at the end of the episode. Was it really the banker. I'm quite dissapointed that Brian didn't come at the end with his lucky wig :(

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:01 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Bit of a meh game but the New Year's atmosphere and Hayley's personality made it really good...and Noel swapping the boxes at the end was hilarious! (As was his droning on about how amazing the Christmas Star shows were, when at the time he had no idea what had happened...)

Profile E-mail  

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:48 am    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Yeah yeah, I know it's almost 6am and god knows what I'm doing at this hour writing my thoughts on an episode of Deal or No Deal, but having got back from the party I was at I only just saw the game. I'm really glad one of my two favourites on the wings got the special New Years Eve show, and that she didn't win a blue and dealt at £6,000. The swap bit and the end was absolutely legendary! Well done Hayley, and a Happy New Year to all of you, make 2008 great!

Oh and I saw this weird thing after the show with what looked like Jean and Orry on a tropical island with the Banker, but I've put that down to post-New Year party hallucinations. Ditto the bit after that when Noel marched around in a sailor suit singing the Japanese version of 'In the Navy'...

fudge the budge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:41 pm    Author: fudge the budge    Post subject:

i can't believe 'BASICASIC' said the swop at the end of Hayley's game was a ' Charade' ... Doesn't he realise some people have numbers that mean a great deal to them.. Halyeys little red box she bought with her had No 10 on it.. and these shows are 'well' edited.. If they weren't you would know how much her grandma meant to her and that she had her photo with her and that no. 10 was her grandmas bithday!!!
Beleive you me, Hayley wouldnt just say something like that to make herself look better..... and I KNOW I gave birth to her!!!!!

Dusty Bin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:45 pm    Author: Dusty Bin    Post subject:

fudge the budge wrote:
i can't believe 'BASICASIC' said the swop at the end of Hayley's game was a ' Charade' ... Doesn't he realise some people have numbers that mean a great deal to them.. Halyeys little red box she bought with her had No 10 on it.. and these shows are 'well' edited.. If they weren't you would know how much her grandma meant to her and that she had her photo with her and that no. 10 was her grandmas bithday!!!
Beleive you me, Hayley wouldnt just say something like that to make herself look better..... and I KNOW I gave birth to her!!!!!

I'm so glad you posted that as basicasic's comments angered me too.

Dusty Bin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:47 pm    Author: Dusty Bin    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Bit of a meh game but the New Year's atmosphere and Hayley's personality made it really good...and Noel swapping the boxes at the end was hilarious! (As was his droning on about how amazing the Christmas Star shows were, when at the time he had no idea what had happened...)

It's the fakery of comments such as these that lead to the persistent doubts that games are fixed too. :x

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:20 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Hayley was great, and it was really great to see the normal contestants back - I have to say I was rooting for her more than the 6 combined Xmas games put together! It was another one of those games where the start was just too good to be true, and it was always going to be downhill from there.

As for the deal, I don't think dealing 6k where the average of the remaining boxes was less than 7k was exactly bad, and it was a shame about the 50k first box - I would have thought 12k on that last five in a conventional game was an easy deal, but with one to open, I'd be really unsure - there was a 60% chance of hitting a blue, and the mean then going up to nearly 20k.....

Though nobody seemed to remember that she got the bonus £500 from Stephen's game - I'd be more inclined to take a gamble if I knew that whatever I did, I couldn't go home with pocket change but maybe the offers were higher than they could have been becuase of that.

And I too think the swap thing was hilarious - to be fair to Hayley, Noel didn't ask her before opening the box like he often does, so I don't think she got the chance to say it BEFORE the 20k was revealed...

But the Jean/Orry thing at the end was awful. They're making too much of a characture of Jean, which is a shame becuase she was a great personality in her own right without any of this rubbish....

But well done on the £6,500 Hayley, you were great!! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:28 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Jesus Christ what a first offer. I'd have offered half the £15k but then I am still stuck in January 2006. And he could have offered £2,007 at a few points in the game. Also, what's the offer-after-each-box still doing in play?

Anyway welldone Hayley on £6,000 and my theory remains correct: NEVER SWAP.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

Aramid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:41 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

6,000 pounds is still a lot of money. In the Philippines that is worth 3 quality cars.

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:36 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Actually you know, it'd have been really fun had they just totally gone completely overboard and did this huge sort of comedy sketch thing at the end with loads of past contestants. Maybe something like:

After the episode has finished, we see a huge tropical island, palm trees everywhere and the sun beating down. Bunney is walking around on the beach.
Bunney: "Wow, isn't it great that all the 2007 DOND contestants retire to this island after they've played their game?"
*he spots Brian from August*
Bunney: "Hello sweetie!"
*Brian miserably stares back. Meanwhile, Kirsty is in a van selling doughnuts*
Kirsty: "Doughnuts! Doughnuts! Get your doughnuts here, lovely fresh doughnuts!"
*PJ walks towards the van*
PJ: "Can I SWAP mine for one with sprinkles?"
*PJ and Kirsty look at the camera and grin cheesily. Laura is relaxing in a deckchair, enjoying the sun and having some caviar, when 1p Adam appears*
Adam: "Why, hi Laura!"
Laura: "Hi 1p Adam!"
Adam: "I was just wondering if you could lend me a pound to buy a doughnut? I don't have any change, see..."
Laura: "Sure! *gives Adam a pound, and then a huge bundle of notes from her pocket* Have an extra £5,000 as well"
Adam: *turns to camera and grins cheesily* DEAL!
*Julian is strolling around the beach when he spots Ed and Pottsy building a sandcastle*
Julian: Hi guys! Do you know where Di is?
Ed: Hi, like the binbag! Di's, erm...on the, er...other beach.
*Ed points to the right, and we see Julian look in surprise and then cover his eyes*
Julian: Oh my!
Pottsy: If you think that's disturbing, Doug's just behind her!
*A motorboat speeds onto the shore, and the passenger gets out - it's Hayley, holding her £6,500 winnings*
Hayley: "Wow, I think I'm going to like it here!"
*Kerry from April appears*
Kerry: "Welcome to the island!"
Hayley: "Thanks! Wow, is that the Banker?"
*We see the 'Banker' scene with Jean and Orry play, but after it's finished, we cut to a huge shot of all the contestants together on the island*
All the contestants: "HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM ALL OF US ON DEAL OR NO DEAL!!"
*They all begin a rendition of 'Auld Lang Syne' as the credits roll*

Or, erm...something!

lovingit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:41 pm    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

Hi everone Hayley here!! thanks for all your lovelyt comments apart from basicasic (but i'll come to that in a minute!)

I too wish i had dealt at 12k, but i could have quite easily opened a blue next then i wouldn't be saying that would i!! its just luck at the end of the day and i would have been more gutted i think if i had dealt at 12k and ended up with a 20k / 50k finish!

they cut it badly as i the banker said if i said 'i wish it was christmas' 3 times he would give me an offer after every box. The reason for 'cackling'(basicasic) was that the banker was being very dirty down the phone, and telling me off for swearing (which they obviously cut through the game) whilst swearing his head off himself... he was also slating Noel which was very funny!! I would assume that if you basicasic had the chance to talk to the banker you would... and not just 'stop cackling and get on with the game' i have a vision of you saying 'oh no your not funny i am not going to laugh and get on with it' maybe thats why you are not a contestant....

As regard to box no 10.... why would i lie??????? i am not a liar and did not wish myself to look better cos at the end of the day what would it have changed? nothing i still had 6k. and as a lot of people said i did have 10 on my box and i explained at the beginning how it was my nans birthday and that was my box (which they cut!) and how my nan was a bit of a witch (hence the little witch on the table) so if that had gone it i would be proven not to be a liar!! However only basicasic thinks that anyway!!

Basicasic - i read on here everyday... and you are constantly negative but the good thing is at least you're the minority.... but i wanted to get the above straight.

Anyway thanks again everyone... i'm really pleased with the 6k and thought it was best to deal then as i would never game at a blue/20k so i knew if i risked opening a blue next my offer wouldn't have gone up that much anyway... but i thought it was worth risking the one more box after 12k.... but nevermind... it could have ended anyhow at the end of the day!!

Happy new year everyone!!! (and to you basicasic!!) :-D

Hayley xx

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:46 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Well said Hayley. You can see sometimes why we complain about the editing of the shows sometimes as we miss a lot of what happens and some things that happen on screen don't make much sense.

I'm a pretty cautious player and I'd have done exactly the same as you at 5 box (especially as I don't think the offer would have been as high as £9K has you no dealt at 3 box).

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:57 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Billy, that was the bext post EVAR!!!!111

Dusty Bin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:04 am    Author: Dusty Bin    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
Well said Hayley. You can see sometimes why we complain about the editing of the shows sometimes as we miss a lot of what happens and some things that happen on screen don't make much sense.

I agree : Well said, Hayley!

I'm pleased to see you are still visiting the site even though your game has now passed.

One person says you weren't being genuine, but everyone else knows you were.

Shame so much got edited out. I'd like to see DOND being made into an hour long show. Not only would we get to learn more about the players, but we'd lose a quarter of an hour of Richard And Judy. :smt041

george

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:01 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

I missed it, I was at a party, but it's a shame, because I really liked Hayley !

Oddly enough, giving her the chance to have an offer after every box meant she won less money than she maybe would have done not given the chance (had she dealt at £12,500). I think most people would have risked it though, and well done on £6,500 !

Joshieboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:55 pm    Author: Joshieboy    Post subject:

:D Well done Hayley and I wouldn't like to be a contestant reading this forum as people can be quite unkind sometimes :(
But good for you Darling and enjoy the Cash 8)
How great to see Jean and Orry, as Camp as ever at the end :-D
Does anyone have any screen shots of this?
As I ain't got a clue how to do that!!! :roll:
And I also thought the little montage at the end of Glens game was nice too where they named all the contestants from 2007 & showed clips of the contestants from 2007 :)
And when does the Clive & Orry Show start will It replace Richard and Judy when they end there Show? :-D
Now that I would watch :-D

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]