Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:47 pm Last visit was: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Suezan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:39 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
And being cynical all three players have had big reds on the table coincidence or what well done anyway

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:39 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

redrum666 wrote:
Mark wrote:
rico7 wrote:
Oh no!!!!! :?

It was still brave of Sylvia to go to 5 box so she should have no regrets.

No regrets?? Umm, she could have been the second person to win £250,000!!

But she has £33,000 that she didn't have at the start of the game....

I wouldn't regret that :P

Exactly it's still a great sum of money, but the point is that you have to be true to yourself and make the right decision for you so in that sense you should have no regrets regardless
of the outcome.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've just thought of something. These shows were filmed at the end of November when they were filming shows to be screened in January / February, I think. No doubt Noel hyped up the £250k not coming to the table for ages, but if it doesn't come again until January, Noel will be talking about how it hasn't come for months and months... when actually it did come in December (today's show) but they didn't know as these shows were recorded after the January shows were recorded! I think some editing will need to be done...

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:46 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:
And being cynical all three players have had big reds on the table coincidence or what well done anyway

I think it was coincidence for their games, but not a coincidence that those shows were chosen to be put on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day as we don't hear any mention of what day it is on the shows.
So no "merry Christmas hope you're having a great day" from Noel yesterday. :(

My concern is that we might have seen the best half of the Christmas Stars week in terms of the outcomes, and might have to brace ourselves for some traincrashes or relatively mediocre results tomorrow through to Saturday. :? I hope I'm wrong. :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

£120K winnings in 3 day is pretty good (even though there's been £375K brought to the table).

Maybe being a one-off player helps in these circumstances in dealing with the fact that she had the £250K in her box.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Ouchies!

I don't think ANYBODY was expecting another Power 5 box to come to the table, never mind the perfect finish!

Oh well...another good win nevertheless!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Good win but oh dear it's fueling my suspicions, I'm probably a sadist but would almost like to see 1 trainwreck over the next 3 shows.

i wasn't really surprised when the 1K went today.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:53 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Well Sylvia was definitely the best character that's been on the show in a while. I still couldn't quite get into the game as much as I would a normal one (I think the fact that these players have just shown up for the day, rather than being there for weeks beforehand, means that it doesn't seem to mean quite as much to them and that leads to less tension in the overall game), but I thought it was great that she wasn't just a stereotypical "do-gooder" type character and had a really entertaining sense of humour. The worst result so far this week but my favourite game.

Profile E-mail  

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:13 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

What an amazing game!!! These Christmas Star shows are excellent and the complete opposite of what I expected. 33k is a lot of money , and so many players have had trainwrecks from her position. I just realized 100k/250k now took the record for Most Popular 250k finish!!! :shock:

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:05 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

She did say #5 meant nothing to her, so I'm willing to believe for now that this is just a coincidence.

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:15 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Ahh yes just read the commentary - random system so I apologise for earlier remarks.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:34 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I really enjoyed today's game. Sylvia was a great character and so were some of her box openers plus Noel and the Banker were on good form too resulting in a really entertaining game which could of so nearly produced our 2nd £250,000 winner. But well done on £33,000 Slyvia and for a great game.

Here are just a couple of qoutes that I enjoyed from today.

Shelia to Noel at beginning - Why didn't you say start?

Shelia B to Noel - I'm a bit clammy.

John - She do look after the dogs but they do die.

Sylvia on her burying her dogs - Only when they're dead.

Noel - You've failed to poison her and the family (Sheena).
Sylvia - I tried.
Noel - Over how many years...Did you say you tried!

Slyvia to Sheena later on - Just don't eat the next cake I send.

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:28 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

The first game this week that i have seen and here's my verdict:

I tried to get into it, i really did but i couldn't. The spark that the normal games have towards me just wasn't there. It seems i need to know more about a player/have seen them before their game to actually enjoy a person's game. So, if i don't see anymore of these games this week, then i won't be overly worried.

When there were doubts on here whether DOND had lost its touch, i said no...however, if the show was done like this all the time then i would have lost interest ages ago.

Well done to her for getting £33,000 though, a nice amount of money but she could have had more.

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:56 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Hmm my suspicions were confirmed today ! 3 power 5s on the table in a row all from hand picked boxes.
Still a deliughtful Ladie and 33K will serve her well but I just knew in my heart one of the big two was in he box.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
Hmm my suspicions were confirmed today ! 3 power 5s on the table in a row all from hand picked boxes.
Still a deliughtful Ladie and 33K will serve her well but I just knew in my heart one of the big two was in he box.

You can't say they were in a row. The order of transmission isn't the order the epiosdes were filmed. Because of the lack of need for continuity, the shows have been shown in a different order (hence the £50K OPW being shown on Christmas Day)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:46 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Just thought I'd chip in with my comments about the Christmas Star Week so far. Overall, a lot better than I expected, they seem to have found quite likeable characters that won't burst into tears every few minutes or play the sob story card, which I was fearing of these shows before they started. However, I don't feel a lot of connection with the player, as I feel you don't get to know them enough as would usually be the case, and some of the aspects of the show such as wing banter and contestants gaining reputations is largely non-existent. It rather has a feel of an extended family fortunes, and it's far too jolly as a result. Anyway, something about the atmosphere isn't quite right.

The games this week have been superb money-wise though, even though part of me at the moment is thinking that they're getting them to choose a high red at the beginning (£75k, £50k, £250k...). However, I'd have been more suspicious if everyone had chosen box 7...

All the games have so far involved mid-game collapses, leaving 2 high values at round-of-8, and then effectively having 6 perfect boxes, surely that luck can't continue...

Although, having said that, they are being shown out of sequence, which might well mean that we have a few mediocre/ disaster games to finish the week. Hope not, though!

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:05 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Simon F wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

You can't say they were in a row. The order of transmission isn't the order the epiosdes were filmed. Because of the lack of need for continuity, the shows have been shown in a different order (hence the £50K OPW being shown on Christmas Day)

Yes but if all the remaning games have power 5s on the table then you cannot deny something is a bit fishy.
Its like to gurantee a good payout.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:08 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Big-Davey wrote:
Ouchies!

I don't think ANYBODY was expecting another Power 5 box to come to the table, never mind the perfect finish!

Oh well...another good win nevertheless!

I was but I was thinking 100k!

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
Simon F wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Yes but if all the remaning games have power 5s on the table then you cannot deny something is a bit fishy.
Its like to gurantee a good payout.

If 6 people this week all pick power 5 boxes then I'll concede it will be very fishy but there's 3 shows left still.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:31 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

She now joins the other 19 people who could've been QM winners! :(

Jennifer had a similar board like this, but she carried on and the QM was still in play, so it pays to go on, even if the two biggies are exposed!

And she's now the 6th person to create the dream final two... :(

When will someone ever do this without saying DEAL? :?

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]