Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:09 pm Last visit was: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:30 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I think it's got to be said, that THAT was the best Saturday show since at least Steff's game!

It didn't take long to get into it, and bearing in mind I'm not a Strictly fan, I was going to end up watching this anyway.

Shame it wasn't an outright win, but it was definitely a feel-good game! :D

And Hayley earning £500 for being Mathematician of the Week ain't too shabby either!!! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

travis P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:37 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
It looks as though (from the trailer after the show) that the Star shows next week won't have any Christmas decorations or anything... so that's Christmas over on DOND really.... on the 22nd. :? Oh well.

Wrong. The decorations are still there in regards to the four Christmas trees and both wings keeping their greenish decorations.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Tom22 wrote:
The bloke in the white choir boys outfit was very :suspect:

He was one of the men wandering out of sight with the big broom-esque mike...I recognised him straightaway!!!

And just to clarify on what SrWilson said - for the Christmas Star shows, the snow infront of the board wasn't there, nor was a ribbon on each of the boxes.

What you do get (nothing spoiling, unless you're an anorak!!!) is the decor still running along the wings, and the trees. Then in the background of the board, you've got the Christmas Star spinning around slowly.

As for the boxes, they are normal red, but have the Christmas Star on the front of the box around one of the corners.

I promise you, emotional stories you might not be as eager to see, but you will DEFINITELY like Christmas Eve's show; trust me on this, we will be seeing fan clubs for some of the F & F on the wings too!!! :shock: :D

Just don't do what Maud will probably do when you see yours truly on the TV in the front row...point at the telly and start laughing madly, yelling "IT'S DIVVY!!!" :shock: :shock: :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:58 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

It was odd today...as I waited for today's episode, I was actually intrigued and excited as to what could happen. During the game I was actually enjoying it rather than sitting back, sighing and remembering the days when the wins were big. I was enjoying Stephen, I was enjoying the contestants...and while he kept taking out big numbers I was still enjoying the game rather than just expecting all the reds to go or for him to Deal at offer 3 or something and then have £35k in his box.

I feel like Scrooge at the end of A Christmas Carol, after his visit from the ghosts and he's changed his ways. Just a few days ago I thought that was it, the DOND magic had gone forever, but now...yeah, I DO like it, I DO want to see Clive's game, and Hayley's, and while there may not be many other characters, well, I thought that about Stephen and he turned out to be entertaining beyond belief today! So he could have had a couple of grand more, but £6,000 (plus the £1,000 bonus!) is still a good sum and I hope has a very fantastic Christmas with it. I never thought I'd say this but I am really going to miss the current 22, and when they return at the very end of the year it's gonna be good to see them again!

To him, all the rest of the East and West Wing past, present and future, to everyone on this forum and to anyone else I've missed, I wish everyone an absolutely fantastic Christmas season. May your days be merry and bright, and I hope 2008 is the best year of your lives! Have a great one!! :smt114

lovingit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:43 pm    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

Hayley has presumably been edited to destruction. It's happened before with Georgina, and that was in the most Wakeyistic period in the show's history...

what does the above mean?????

As regards to the maths bit i kept my mouth shut until todays game with the maths and as Noel made me out to be quite thick and dizzy (a lot of which has been edited) i think it shocked the banked... hence the hand up the turkeys arse!!

Also, Stephen knew i knew about averages etc being my neighbour and wispering to him etc!!

Anyway well done Stephen, and thanks for my 500 quid!!

Hayley xx

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

lovingit wrote:
Hayley has presumably been edited to destruction. It's happened before with Georgina, and that was in the most Wakeyistic period in the show's history...

what does the above mean?????

As regards to the maths bit i kept my mouth shut until todays game with the maths and as Noel made me out to be quite thick and dizzy (a lot of which has been edited) i think it shocked the banked... hence the hand up the turkeys arse!!

Also, Stephen knew i knew about averages etc being my neighbour and wispering to him etc!!

Anyway well done Stephen, and thanks for my 500 quid!!

Hayley xx

I think it surprised us a bit as we hadn't heard any mathematical analysis from you Hayley before and were wondering if it had been edited out the previous shows.

Anyone who comes on the show with a knowledge of the theory of the game is a welcome addition in my opinion.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Glad you enjoyed sticking your hand up a bird, Hayley! :-D :lol: :oops:

KP basically meant that the editing of the shows has made you stand out lot compared to the other people on the wings...and so sudden too because before today we never saw this mathematical side to you, and then of course before the Santa vs Scrooge shows, we hardly saw much of you on the wings at all!!!

And then KP used Georgina as an example of a past player who we saw a lot of on the wings compared to everybody else, but only after a few games in.

Profile E-mail  

lovingit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:06 pm    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

Thank you boys, but as i said really wasn't due to bad editing just didn't give my mathematical views until today, i also think when your game is due to be on they pan the camera to you more so when its your game the public recognise you more... and as you know i've done 22 shows now so one of the oldest now. Its a shame they have cutted a lot of mine and noels banter out, but a lot of it was very tongue in cheek and so i think they wasn't allowed to air a lot... as when filming Noel had a dig at me in nearly every show!!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:19 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Here are a couple of pics for today's game.

It was hard to capture them as he was moving around so much!!! :lol:

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:42 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I was surprised to see Stephen play today actaully (or the Christopher Biggins lookalike, not so much today though). And it was obvious he was too.

It wasn't a big money game but to my surprise Stephen was actually quite good fun, and I mean that in a nice way as to be honest I hadn't heard much from him on the wings.

So well done Stephen on your win.

Profile E-mail  

lovingit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:43 pm    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

cookie monster would you be able to do me some pics when i have my game (sorry i'm being cheeky!)

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:45 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

lovingit wrote:
cookie monster would you be able to do me some pics when i have my game (sorry i'm being cheeky!)

Oooooh I don't know :P I'm sure I could! Would it be possible for you to PM me the date? It's just that I don't always manage to get all the games taped but If I know when, I can make sure I get some done! :D

lovingit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:06 am    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

Thanks cookie monster i will message you now!! x :D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:20 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Thanks Hayley. I have replied ;)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:23 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Nice to hear from you Hayley. I'm greatly reassured as I was really worried that they were editing your mathematical advice and keeping the highly biased (in my opinion) 'positivity' nonsense in - that was certainly the case when Georgina was on the wings!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:42 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Tom22 wrote:
The bloke in the white choir boys outfit was very :suspect:

I think he's the floor manager (or one of them) - Greg perhaps?

Looked more like Chivers to me, but I may be wrong...

Profile E-mail  

lovingit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:45 am    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

The choir boy wasn't greg and i had never seen him before don't think he was one of the crew.. think he was actually from a choir or something!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:01 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

A good, cheerful game to liven things up after Friday's heartbreaker. It was probably the fact that it was never a tense game with all the power 5 except 35k going early that made Stephen's full personality shine through, and he was an absolute hoot.

Not sure what I'd do with one box to pick from 5 when it becomes a complete one-box game as that one did. It's basically gambling an 80% chance to get a couple of grand more, or a 20% of the game being over. A bit like Ned got offered virtually the mean in the same situation, I thought he did exactly the right thing by dealing, but turned out to have the one big red in his box, at least that didn't happen to Stephen.

I am really enjoying it again, and there are several games I'm looking forweard to in the new year, though I hope they keep Hayley a bit longer due to her advice giving coming to light - nobody's really done that sicne Ed!

And of course it'll be good to see what the likes of Mark, MJ, Shaun, Nikki, Claire and Sue look like normally! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

dishydealer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:55 pm    Author: dishydealer    Post subject: Pics!

[quote="cookie_monster"]Here are a couple of pics for today's game.

[img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5412/stephen1gi5.png[/img]

[img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9093/stephen2aw0.png[/img]

It was hard to capture them as he was moving around so much!!! :lol:[/quote]

Hi ya Cookie_monster!
Patricia here.........
If I asked reeeaaally nicely, could you do a couple of pics for me from my show, I have tried to take photos of them off of my tele, but they are pretty c**p.
Thanking you in anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x
luv Patricia x
I know Hayley, we have got a cheek, but hey! if ya dont ask ya dont get!

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:18 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Didn't see this game. Wasn't at home between 1.15-10.15 due to work.

I would normally of taped the show but Strictly Come Dancing took priority this week.

Sounds a decent enough game, well done Stephen!!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]