Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm Last visit was: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:53 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:01 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Well done Patricia. I was worried after the opening round with two big reds going that we might see another disaster but with 7 blues in a row (and oh so close to 8 ) Patricia pulled it back into her favour and I think the Banker's offers were fair today.

It was nice to see a 'Santa' today and for Eammon the turkey :? to get his first outing, though kinda pointless considering Patricia won £70,000. Does anyone know why the turkey is called Eammon?

And I would of liked to of known if Patricia would of swapped had she got to the end. From what she said though I think she would of.

Profile E-mail  

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:12 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

What I liked abouit Patricia's game - she had her numbers pre-selected so played it straight all the way.
What I didn't like - the sob story at the start, I'm never a fan of this kind of thing at all, I like contestants more who tell these tihngs after the deal is done. Just a personal view.

One or two points from today - If the bankers role is to get the player out for the least amount, surely he should have stuck at £41,000? Then upped the offer? And did I miss something? What happened to the automatic offer of the swap at the end? Has it been ditched for Scrooge or Santa week, or did I blink and miss it? When Noel wondered about the 250k in Patricia's box, she said the number on her home made box was 9, so if she was playing rigidly to a system and with honesty, she'd have swapped and got the big one, no? Well done anyway.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Although in practice she'd quite conceivably have been so terrified of swapping away the £250k that she would have kept Box 1 anyway... we'll never know... who cares? She won SEVENTY THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS. I think that's one of the 20 biggest wins on ANY gameshow in the UK this year!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:37 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I actually watched it out of order today, when I got back home it was the first ad-break (I used to rush home to catch it, but that was a while ago), so I saw parts 2 and 3 and then after the game watched part 1.

Interesting game! Was quite cool that she took out £75k and £100k in round 1 but then didn't touch anything else over £20k for ages. It feels incredibly odd but great to think that she's won £70,000, the only win anything near that for what feels like a very long time! In three shows time it'll be over 100 episodes since Daniel's game in August, meaning that we'll only have had three wins of over £52,000 in 100 episodes (Maria, Chris B, and Patricia today), that's unless we get another in the next few eps!

Well done Patricia and I really hope the money's going to give you an absolutely magical Christmas. Hopefully that wasn't just a blip - it wasn't the OPW but it was the big win that was needed. Fingers crossed the luck remains...it's been enough to keep me watching, feels odd to think I was so close to stopping but not after a game like that!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:46 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Finally a win of over 40k!

That Santa thing really did make a difference there - if it had been a normal three to open game, I bet she'd have gone at 5-box too, so the Santa got her an extra 30k, more or less! It would be really hard to turn down 41k with even a 10% chance of an all-blue finale, but the possibility of that was totally eliminated.

The 70k offer wowed me, however, and I thought anyone would stuggle to turn that down - but it needed to be that high, as I reckon she'd have turned down 55k - 60k, which was what i was expecting there.

And she also lost 100k and 75k in the first round - how many of the huge wins have had a bad first round, that's so uncanny!

Well done Patricia!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

george

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:20 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

My favourite game for AAAAGES.

I think Patricia will be the person for December 2007 on my signiture when I get round to updating it ;; I loved her, she was so cool, and I would have dealt exactly when she did, if not at £41,000.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:23 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Wow. That game had a touch of Lynne about it! Well done Pat. Enjoy the money and the Bonus.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Damn - I picked the wrong day to go out for dinner after work today and the video isn't up on the other site yet.

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:14 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Well done Patricia, that was the best of this week's special games.

Does anyone know why Deano had to carry her box along the "Walk of Wealth"?

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

StuartPlymouth wrote:
Well done Patricia, that was the best of this week's special games.

Does anyone know why Deano had to carry her box along the "Walk of Wealth"?

Someone carried Sandra's box to the table for her in Tuesday's game as well. Is it something to do with the costumes they're wearing? Because Sandra tried to hug someone and she couldn't because her dress was in the way or something... :?

Profile E-mail  

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:25 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Sandra tried to hug someone and she couldn't because her dress was in the way or something... :?

FAT you mean ? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:41 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Considering how pessimistic I've become I was only expecting 35/40K today with the santa thing after Hayley's tip off but that was great!

Yesss!!

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:45 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

That was such an exciting game! I can't believe nobody's mentioned that's the 1st 35k/250k finish! I think 119k is a fair offer, but I'd have probably won 35k today, which isn't bad but sucks after turning down 119k. :(

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:47 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

NoDeal! wrote:
That was such an exciting game! I can't believe nobody's mentioned that's the 1st 35k/250k finish! I think 119k is a fair offer, but I'd have probably won 35k today, which isn't bad but sucks after turning down 119k. :(

I was about to mention that, the offer was interesting I'd always assumed about 120-125K. Shame it wasn't active play though.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:49 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Amazing game today, especially after taking the 75k and 100k in the first round. I was thinking, "Oh no, not another trainwreck", but those 7 blues in a row soon swung the game in her favour. The offers were pretty generous throughout today, as they needed to be on a strong board and a high possibility of getting a santa.

I have a different view from James about her getting the Santa. Had it been a normal round to follow, firstly the offer would've been lower than £41k because the chance of disaster for carrying on would be greater. I reckon he would've offered about 35k. Then she might have carried on, and with her system, have left 35k and 250k, so maybe the santa didn't actually do her any favours.

Having said that, £70,250 was a huge amount to win, and I'm sure Patricia will have a great christmas with that.

Also, I see they're mixing it up a bit this week by playing exclusively women, although I suppose we had 3 men in a row last week.

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:57 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Good game today and a decent win -I knew she would bite 70k off the bankers hand for that.

Me personally I would have gone on and I would have no dealed 119K easily because 35K would suit me fine for 50 mins work but i'd be wanting the confetti :P and the big money.

Good game though anyway! :-D

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:08 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
Damn - I picked the wrong day to go out for dinner after work today and the video isn't up on the other site yet.

yes where is the video? I've read all the details but want to see this great game!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:49 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think Kestral has been a bit busy this evening; the video will probably be up by tomorrow evening.

Profile E-mail  

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:33 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Really relieved when Patricia dealt at £70K, would've been a risk to go on any further -- well done!

suszie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:55 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

I liked how her husband let her play her own game but when the £70,000 offer came only then he decided to get involved.

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]