Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

corncrake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
cookie_monster wrote:
I am not willing to argue over the cost of a holiday :) However you can't say something like "What was the point dealing especially with £500 as a backup" when you haven't been in the chair. Appreciate it from the contestants point of view. £1,400 on a game which has had really bad luck? I would be taking that thank you very much!

That's a pessimistic view. The only reason you want to take £1,400 is because you're scared of winning £500? That's the thing if it was 1p fair enough, that's nothing. But she was still in for the chance of winning more than £1,400. And failing that end gamble still £500. Like I said, it was either £900 lost by going to the end or £1,100 won by going to the end. It's not a 50/50 shot, which would be the case if the offer was £1,500.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

£1,600 won by no dealing there in fact - if it *were* £1,100 I might be off, but not with £1,600.

I can only presume that £500 isn't enough for the Disneyland holiday and £1,400 is. It's the one obvious explanation, that deal was right out of left field.

I agree with Billy, though I did the same a long, long time ago; corncrake should realise a stunning third-offer OPW could be the 'big happy game' too.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

corncrake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

KP wrote:
£1,600 won by no dealing there in fact - if it *were* £1,100 I might be off, but not with £1,600.

I can only presume that £500 isn't enough for the Disneyland holiday and £1,400 is. It's the one obvious explanation, that deal was right out of left field.

I agree with Billy, though I did the same a long, long time ago; corncrake should realise a stunning third-offer OPW could be the 'big happy game' too.

Ah yes! Thanks KP :)

mattsr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:27 pm    Author: mattsr    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
(Before I start, I'd like to apologise for the content of this post. The last thing I want people to think that I'm a moaning old Scrooge, but I mean no harm and it's simply what I feel I have to write. Here goes)

I've finally had it with Deal or No Deal. Again, no excitement, half the contestants getting left out (as entertaining as Orry can be, please stop showing just him and absolutely no one else!), and another stupid sodding Banker win. Kerry seemed like a nice person but the game was basically over by the third part, and you could see that everyone simply didn't care anymore. It seriously would have been one of the worst games in the entire history of the show had the Scrooge v Santa thing not saved it, and even then it was only a slight incentive to keep watching. I'm glad that she at least got a red (even though I really did think that £3k was there and she should have gone on!) and I hope she fulfills the Disneyland dream for her and her daughter.

I know this is a bold statement to make, but looking at the run of shows we've had these last few months, and it being about a hundred games now (that's not an exaggeration, it really has been that many shows since August) since the show was genuinely really good, I've decided what I'm going to do.

I'm giving the show one more chance to redeem itself before I decide to give it up. If tomorrow's show is not the big happy game I've been waiting for months and months for, then it will be the last ever episode of Deal or No Deal that I watch. Ever. A bold statement but I simply cannot keep watching with so many games that I'm simply not getting into, so please prove me wrong, and please be good!!

Well, that's one of the things I like about the game- it's completely unpredictable, and therefore some games will be a bit flat and disappointing, while others will be edge of the seat stuff.

And I thought Louise's game on Monday was a great one, even though it wasn't a big money affair. Mind you I am probably biased, as I also think Louise is totally gorgeous.....

Sooner or later there will be another big money game,perhaps a run of them; and that could start tomorrow, or the day after. You never can tell with DOND and that's why I will keep watching.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:32 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Look, it's nearly Christmas - Corncrake/Wakey if you're ever going to be allowed to stay on this site, defiant No Dealer or not, just bear in mind that we all have very different opinions sometimes. The main reason H decides to block your accounts is because of the way you put your opinion across, it upsets quite a few people sometimes.

You've got many people on this site who want you to stay here, me being one of them - please don't give H the same reason to ban you again. Especially this time of year! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:36 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

corncrake wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
I am not willing to argue over the cost of a holiday :) However you can't say something like "What was the point dealing especially with £500 as a backup" when you haven't been in the chair. Appreciate it from the contestants point of view. £1,400 on a game which has had really bad luck? I would be taking that thank you very much!

That's a pessimistic view. The only reason you want to take £1,400 is because you're scared of winning £500? That's the thing if it was 1p fair enough, that's nothing. But she was still in for the chance of winning more than £1,400. And failing that end gamble still £500. Like I said, it was either £900 lost by going to the end or £1,100 won by going to the end. It's not a 50/50 shot, which would be the case if the offer was £1,500.

But that is the game isn't it? Some gains, some losses, some player wins, some banker wins. I am still assuming that £500 isn't enough for food and a hotel and the park and other activities etc. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in Kerry's position. And also, the £500 could have been in her box. It is always a half chance with the final two, so you would be foolish to say you would No deal every offer aswell as deal every offer.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I would have no dealed the £1,400 offer, £500 is still a decent consolation in the situation so i'd just go for the 3k personally.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

corncrake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:41 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
corncrake wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:

But that is the game isn't it? Some gains, some losses, some player wins, some banker wins. I am still assuming that £500 isn't enough for food and a hotel and the park and other activities etc. I probably would have done the same thing if I was in Kerry's position. And also, the £500 could have been in her box. It is always a half chance with the final two, so you would be foolish to say you would No deal every offer aswell as deal every offer.

Oh yeah I agree with that, I wouldn't no deal every offer like most of you think. I would play the board as it comes and try not to play the offers.

Please don't think that Wakeyism is reckless gambling! (Well it is on some occasions ;) )

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

OK corncrake, what's the least you'd Deal for on £5 vs £100,000?

(For what it's worth, I'd have gone to the end today too.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

corncrake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:44 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

KP wrote:

I would take anything over £15,000 on that finish. I don't speak for every player however!!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:46 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

corncrake wrote:
KP wrote:

I would take anything over £15,000 on that finish. I don't speak for every player however!!

So you would take £16,573 on a game that possibly has £100,000 up for grabs? Where is the Wakeyism there?

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:54 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

well id want 40K+ on that final pair to run but thats me.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:58 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I don't know what drugs the Banker was on when he said he thought Kerry was a no-dealer but having waxed lyrical about her 'beautiful like her mum' daughter and Disneyland I thought 'deal'.

Still after a reasonable start and 2 decent offers it was all looking good. But it all started to fall apart and the collapse was quite breathtaking. For there to be a maximum of £3k with 7 boxes left was extraordinary but to pick a Scrooge box at 5 box was just rubbing salt in the wound. And Orry's pathetic blubbing was nauseous. Nobody has died! Oh my lord. She could 'only' win £3k – the world is going to end. Grotesque.

Still the Scrooge box gave us another fascinating debate and ending to the game. Again although it was for relatively small amounts it turned a dull game into something quite tense and interesting. A great success I would say. Somehow they managed to guess the Bankers thinking but unsurprisingly (to me) Kerry didn't have the courage of her convictions and confirmed my suspicions from the start. She dealt. I know the amounts weren't huge but with a £500 fallback it must have been worth a punt in the circumstances surely.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:13 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

It's a tricky one, because you would expect a huge twist with the SCROOGE being discovered and there was still a good game to play.

But so far, three SCROOGEs and no the biggest amount to remain until that point in any of the three games has only been £20,000 - we need either a SANTA (only a 1 in 5 chance of a SCROOGE now, come on!!!) to be sure of a decent payout, or I wouldn't mind seeing the fourth and final SCROOGE as long as we still had some good money left in the game to really knock the Banker for six!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:19 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

corncrake wrote:
Another dissapointing game, not just because of luck but because the player said deal.

And because she swapped Box 4 for Box 3? ;)

corncrake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:23 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
corncrake wrote:
Another dissapointing game, not just because of luck but because the player said deal.

And because she swapped Box 4 for Box 3? ;)

I'd have done the same :-D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

It must be said - I would have opened my fave number on the Advent Calendar by now and hopefully would had a SANTA :-D

And then of course keeping box 2 for same reasons...mumble mumble...

Joshieboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:29 pm    Author: Joshieboy    Post subject:

Kerry and Orry were obviously close and that came across In the programme today :)
I thought Kerry was very upbeat and jolly and came across as a great Girl and Mother :D
At the end of the day a Grand and a Half may not be much money to some but for a single Mother it is a lot of money, especially at this time of the year and I thought It was a very exciting game.
And as for Orry getting all the limelight, I really don't think that It's the case of him getting Centre Stage and everyone else just getting to say Good Luck :o
If thats all the other players say then thats all they can put in the programme really, isn't it? :shock:
Not everyone has the confidence or personality that Orry has :-D
He Is obviously one of the few that brings something to the Game as In he can lighten the mood with his comments and also you can tell he cares about the players as you could see him with Brian and Kerry today :)
Like someone said before they never noticed Kerry on the wings, I'm sure that you wont be saying that when Orry plays his game!!! :-D

Last edited by Joshieboy on Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corncrake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:30 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

I like Orry more when he is himself, not bloody Mrs Orry which was ridiculous!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:32 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Sorry to keep posting in this thread, but in my opinion some really interesting opinions being shared here tonight.

Anyway...

Joshieboy wrote:
Kerry and Orry were obviously close and that came across In the programme today :)
I thought Kerry was very upbeat and jolly and came across as a great Girl and Mother and at the end of the day a Grand and a Half may not be much money to some but for a single Mother it is a lot of money, especially at this time of the year and I thought It was a very exciting game.
And as for Orry getting all the limelight, I really don't think that Is the case :o
He Is obviously one of the few that brings something to the Game as In he can lighten the mood with his comments and also you can tell he cares about the players as you could see him with Brian and like someone said they never noticed Kerry on the wings, at least Ya can't say that when Orry plays his game!!! :-D

It looks like Orry has been close to quite a few people; Stuart being one of the closest!!! And now obviously Kerry too!

I am praying, especially with the fate of one of Deal's biggest fans (Billy) hanging by a thread, that he plays tomorrow and wins a LOT of money!!! :D

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]