Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:51 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:51 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Cazzie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:55 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I loved yesterdays game and started watching this one with great anticipation, shame it didn't unfold right for Sandra and everything seemed a bit flat.

I have to say I love the Santa/Scrooge thing as an added twist but the Banker may have beaten me today as I thought it was a double bluff! I did note how he kept a lot quieter today than he did yesterday.. not saying things like "I can tell you for a FACT that you haven't got blah de blah in your box" as that most obviously backfired for him yesterday!

I also today may have been tempted to swap my box away and choose it to be opened straight away as the Banker had chosen to look in it but that certainly would have backfired big time today!!! So yes, loving the Santa/Scrooge thing... it certainly plays with the mind!

Enjoy £7,777 Sandra :-D

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

corncrake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:58 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

I think instead of thinking negatively about the banker knowing what's in the box use it to your advantage. The banker will most certainly want to buy the box if he knows £20,000 is in it. He wouldn't risk offering massive amounts of money for the player to 'possibly think' that he is playing a double bluff. I'm suprised he didn't offer the mean as the offer at the end.

Depending on the offers it can be incredibly easy to know what's in your own box!

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Hmm, another interesting game. Well done Sandra, a nice amount of money.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:35 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Interesting twists again - though the players do seem to be completely butchering the baords at the moment, and end up having the last remaining red!

I can't understand why the banker went really low at 5-box then really high at 2-box - must have been to encourage her to swap at 5-box!

And I'm surprised that they didn't set up a whole fresh new advent calendar, after all the odds should be 50:50 for eveyone I feel, though of course if the next two players get Scrooge, then the next twoplayers are assured a Santa! (Imagine if four Santas had been picked - I might have refused to play if I was one of the two left)! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:20 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

You could send yourself mad trying to work out whether the £7,777 offer was a bluff or double bluff today. If there was £100 in the box, the banker may have offered that to make a gambler think there was £20K.

Although having told lied yesterday, I may have thought the banker wouldn't lie again today but that's the same logic as assuming I had a red yesterday so I can't have one today.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Simon F wrote:
You could send yourself mad trying to work out whether the £7,777 offer was a bluff or double bluff today. If there was £100 in the box, the banker may have offered that to make a gambler think there was £20K.

Which is why I'd personally play it as if the Banker didn't know. Although that could make it very, very easy for the Banker to make me win a blue...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Simon F wrote:

Which is why I'd personally play it as if the Banker didn't know. Although that could make it very, very easy for the Banker to make me win a blue...

Exactly my thinking. Nearly 40% of the top amount is something not many players have seen lately on a red/blue finish.

dond_rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject:

3 Winning Sevens Blue £7,777

This is a STRACHCARD you can buy was he trying to pull her bluff with it?

MackemAndy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm    Author: MackemAndy    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
greeny wrote:
I see Valerie from last year is in the audience.

Are you sure?!?!?! Contestants aren't allowed back to appear in the audience after they've played their game...

I seen Valerie too. It was her, maybe the rules have changed, contestants are now aloud back.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:39 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Does anyone have a pic of her? As I missed it...

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]