Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:02 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:02 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
How very very bizarre.

The Banker almost threw that game away with eight-box and five-box offers of utter silliness - but recovered the situation at two-box. However, he could probably have gone for the £5,999 with success!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:55 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Well, well, well. I came back late to watch that as I have lectures every Wednesday evening, but I saw it was Maggie and I thought "I don't really know her" so I read the commentary and now have the game playing on video in the background.

Miss Orry... well I don't find any transvestite stuff funny at all. I can just about accept it for pantomime and when people are acting Shakespeare works, but certainly not on DOND... why did Orry dress up as a woman... just, why? It's my opinion as I don't personally like it, as I just find it weird. I find it weirder he's dressing up as a woman for no reason at all on DOND. It's not even the Christmas specials yet.

Anyway Maggie was ok... bad game with a good turnaround, but it's a shame she didn't get that rare things these days - an OPW. Still £22,000 is certainly not to be disgregarded, and for most people is too much to risk. In reply to Mark - she didn't have an opportunity to get 100,000 times more as Lewis pointed out! And also, as Lewis said... previous days boxes have no influence at all on the game. (Having said that I'm annoyed Olly has had £250k two days in a row as he's due to play. Although if he did have it, he'd probably sell it for a lesser amount and have a huge guilt trip from Noel...).

Judging from Ian's poem today, he doesn't like Camilla. Why is Ian doing poems? Have I missed something here? Did he just randomly start them?

I know on Friday in Ashleigh's game Noel asked Ian if he had a poem ready like it was something he always does, yet it was the first time I ever heard Ian read a poem, and as far as i'm aware today was only his 2nd poem.

As for the Camilla thing, I know Noel has made reference to Maggie as Camilla on a couple of occasions :? and I guess that's why he mentioned Camilla in his poem :?

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:06 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I enjoyed today's game today with Maggie and I certainly wasn't expecting such a tense ending.

The way the game was going I thought it was going to be a 'peanut' game the way Maggie kept hitting the big numbers I even thought she might take £4,000 the second time it was offered. But as I said that final all blue round was so tense and I was willing Maggie on to the end and I actually thought that she would hit the £100,000.

I thought that whatever the Banker offered at the end Maggie would take, I actually thought that it would be £26,000 and I nearly thought she was going to ND the offer, If only she had.

However to get £22,000 out of that game was good going and am happy that Maggie didn't end up with 'peanuts' but a decent sum which i'm sure will help her to an early retirement :)

As for Miss Orry :shock: it was a bit of a shock even though I knew it was coming and I suppose he :? is the first transvestite on the show, unless Noel's got something to tell us :)

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:40 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I really didn't expect Maggie to be a no-dealer so i was very much suprised today.

Well done though Maggie, £22,000 is lovely money.

lovingit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:44 pm    Author: lovingit    Post subject:

Ian says a poem on every single box opening but they've cut them all out til now!!! they obviously didn't like them when they watched it back!! Will be interesting to see if they cut it tomorrow or put them all in from now on.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:05 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I suspected editing would be involved :)

What were the poems like, as it's a shame they cut them out if they're funny.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:51 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Great game today. At least the banker didn't go for a really punishing 2 box offer. Yes, she could have won £100K today but risking £22K takes a certain type of contestant and Maggie was never going to be that contestant.

If anyone is interested Miss Orry has a website

http://missorry.moonfruit.com/

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:09 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I like how Noel said at the end about hindsight and stuff yet tomorrow if someone squanders the 250K he will absolutly anhilate them verbally and rightfully so, but still Noel cannot make his mind up.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:58 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Good comeback in the end, didn't see her rescuing £22,000 from that game the way it was going! Although, it was a pretty horrific game considering she had the £100,000 in front of her all the time, as she blasted out all the reds, and in the end had pretty much no option but to deal the 2-box offer.

That's 7 reds in a row now - if a red comes to the table tomorrow, it'll equal the record set from shows 260-267 of 8 reds. Last time, the boxes totalled £335,000, this time it stands at £293,000 after 7 boxes. It's certainly been the era for the no-dealer lately, with boxes at the table averaging little under £42,000!

Now I've said that, I bet we have a low blue at the table tomorrow! (p.s. I don't know anything!)

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:24 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

I thought that was a great game today. Going by a few comments Maggie had made in the wings, I suspected that she would be a bit of a gambler. I actually thought she was going to no deal the £22k and win £50, as I thought she had a blue. As for the Miss Orry thing, I'll be honest. I liked it a lot. I thought it was very funny. I think the Johnny tramp thing has become a bit stale. I just wish Maggie had done the Crazy Frog impression. Does anyone know whether it was edited out?

Woodvale

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:55 am    Author: Woodvale    Post subject:

I've not been watching the show very long, but it seems to be fate that if they deal with a low and high amount left they always seem to lose out when the gamble would have won them the higher amount.
Still I'm sure the memory of poor Jay's recent game will still be haunting many of the contestants.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:18 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Can't say I particularly enjoyed that one, it was one of the most insane games I've ever seen, but not in a good way I'm afraid. Noel's "Big Issue" joke towards Jonny was just crass, and I'm annoyed that Olly has had £250k two games running and has been there yonks and wasn't picked....and I had to hide behind the sofa when Miss Orry was on.....and I keep getting Kerry and Hayley mixed up, probably becuase Hayley is too simialr to the other Kerry!! And current kerry is annoying me with her saying "don't pick me becuase I've had all blues" EVERY time she gets picked!! And both Maggie and her partner looked too scary for me too!!

But in gameplay terms, shame about the 100k in the box, when the whole board had been detroyed - the banker's miserlyness at 5-box probably cost in between 10k and 15k there! And it's far easier to gamble 4k with a 60% chance of a blue then 22k with a 50% chance of a blue - the pot odds are much more in your favour at 5-box with crap offers like that - at least maggie did well to get as far as she did and didn't end up outdoing Christine!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Rich D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:01 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

This one was even more exciting than Stuart's game. Keep up the good work, team!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:25 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

OK I take back my comments - the show isn't flat. That was a good game - shame she didn't gamble at the end but she won a good amount gave us tension.

We've only had 1 blue win being Jay so it's been fine really - just decent/large money deals rather than a mega money box opening.

things are just stable I guess an average win of just under 19K since James and only one box opening.
it's the fact that despite people winning good money they have been close to 6 figures.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I think this is best summed up as the 'more luck than the players know what to do with' period!

Several great boards, which have led to huge offers, and the players invariably seem to play them out a bit and then decide they can't keep getting lucky, thus taking the big money. They've certainly not been cowardly or even targetist, several players have turned down over £20,000 including - critically - at eight-box, but they've looked it (especially in the eyes of Noel and his Wakeyists) because invariably, the luck has gone on further than the players have after their usually sensible deals!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:39 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

kestral wrote:
Next Round

17 - £5 - Namfron

Sorry kes? Now one of two stupid and unreal names are OK (Orry, Asma) but that's just taking it too far. Way too far. Namfron is not a name. I'm sorry, it's just not. Whichever way you look at it.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:40 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Have you even seen Asma or Namfon? Given their origins, it's probably a perfectly normal name!

Oh, and I couldn't find Namfon but Asma is definitely a name... http://www.behindthename.com/name/asma

Joshieboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:18 pm    Author: Joshieboy    Post subject:

God there Is no Pleasing some People on here Is their? :roll:
One min your saying that the Show Is bland and boring and then when they do something Amazing like let Miss Orry come out to play (Who looked Gorgeous and Is very Funny) or give Johnny a Makeover In great style you just Bitch and moan :twisted:
Like someone said they ain't Robots they have "PERSONALITY" 8)
I for one would rather see the likes of Clive, Hayley, Miss Orry and Johnny who shine, stand out and bring something to every game than just see a bland contestant whose biggest sentence Is "HOPE IT'S A BLUE" and you don't even notice them :x
On another Post someone said they HATE Miss Orry :shock:
WHY? You don't know him/her, I went to a few Recordings while Orry was on the West Wing and he Is just a caring person and took time out to speak to the Audience while we waited to go In and had everyone In stitches of laughter before the Show started and even In the break went and cuddled the other Contestants and If Miss Orry got on your nerves then your gunna Love him even more on Santa or Scrooge week!!! :-D Unless your there and In that close enviroment then you couldn't possibly know how they feel towards one another or what they are going through so just lay off them a bit.
Someone said that they really hated Miss Orry, Marcus and Bunny!!! Well In my eyes that Isn't hate It's Homophobia and not a very nice thing to have on a Forum :roll:
It's NOT a Game Show It's an ENTERTAINMENT programme so take it for what It Is and enjoy, don't analyze everything :D

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]