Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Thank goodness she didn't leave 12 or we'd have had real March 2007 flashbacks!!!

£40,000 is such a big win that it would be hard for most people to have regrets over it, even if you sold the quarter-million for it.

If you read this Ashleigh, I hope the money brings you great happiness!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Haha, Noel says it's one of his top 10 favourites! I bet he wouldn't be saying that if someone like Clive was playing!

Enjoy the money, Ashleigh.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I go by the board so i'd resist 40k no problems!

Well done on the Money anyway Ashleigh!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

That was the third or fourth highest win since the end of September! Hopefully an end to the run of poor games we've been having recently. It was a very enjoyable game and it was good that they didnt drag the sleep thing right through the game.

Could have had more, could have had a lot less, could have £40k Well Done Ashleigh!

corncrake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

Who else noticed at the end when her box was opened they used what sounded like prerecorded groans. It's the same tone and length

didn't someone say earlier this year they also use prerecorded clapping?

Craig

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:07 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

Well, i really enjoyed that game! £40,000 is a mega sum of money (for me anyways) I do not blame her completely for dealing! She played well! ok yes there was a little bit more in the game, but i dont care, as long as she didnt get a blue cause that would have been heart breaking! Well Done Ashleigh, Enjoy £40,000!!!!! :-D

Shaz_123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:09 pm    Author: Shaz_123    Post subject:

Wow, what a fab player! disappointed that she didn't win £100,000 but £40,000 is loads of money! enjoy it Ashleigh :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

corncrake wrote:
Who else noticed at the end when her box was opened they used what sounded like prerecorded groans. It's the same tone and length

didn't someone say earlier this year they also use prerecorded clapping?

They pre-record a lot of clapping at the start of every game for editing purposes.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:32 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well I'm going to gloss over the slightly disappointing ending. That was an entertaining show and Ashleigh was a really nice character.

A bit of bravery, a decent amount won. Well done Ashleigh.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:37 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Awww I absoultely adored Ashleigh during her time on the wings, and I loved her even more in her game!

I read a spoiler that she was going to win £98,000, but I wasn't going to believe it until I saw it for myself. Turned out to be aload of rubbish in the end!

As her game progressed and the way she was no dealing them offers I really thought the spoiler might actually be true so I was surprised when she dealt £40,000. That would have so rocked had the spoiler been true, but £40,000 is still alot of money and one of the best payouts we've had since Chris B's game, and we were overdue a big win and I'm so glad it was her! Shame she didn't go that bit further, but she dealt at the right time for her and you can't fault that.

Really, really welldone on that £40,000 Ashleigh! :D Definitely one of my all time favourite contestants ever!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:37 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Great game though slightly spoiled by the false spoiler that had been mentioned elsewhere on here (although it was from Wiki so I really should have taken it with a huge pinch of salt).

£40K seemed a bit low on that board. Perhaps someone a bit older may have got something close to £50K.

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:55 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

She's been my favourite for absolutely forever, so was so hoping she'd win big today, and she did!

The 'falling asleep' stuff was hugely overdone I thought, it didn't even happen, all she did was do a bit of a yawn, in one episode, once. At this rate we'll have lots of play in Jonny's game about that 'hilarious moment' where he walked ouside the studio and hid inside a cardboard box while asking for spare change. But she's avoided adding Charly's game to the shows where every single contestant on the 22 has won a peak of £25,000 - the record still stands at Little Rich, Maria and Helen B's games - and I hope it starts a run of wins just as big!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:58 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Exciting game & great result :)

Ashleigh was a vibrant character while playing her game and I can't blame her for taking £40,000 as that is a lot of money that she could easily have lost. Yeah she could of had more and I admit willing her to go on as I had a feeling of the big money.

But well done Ashleigh and hope you're enjoying the money.

maggieq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:03 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject:

:smt111 Well done Ashleigh.really enjoyed her game.she was a natural for this show,wish should could have gone one more round but heck whos counting!enjoy spending the dosh babe.Happy Christmas!!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:38 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Enjoy your 40k, Ashleigh

Superb on the wings and as a player, you will be missed :D

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:08 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I loved Ashleigh. She was awesome and really deserved the money and will be missed very much. Could have been more yes, but £40,000 is brilliant money.

I actually missed the first round today which is a bit of a shame but oh well..

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:33 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

What a great game - excellent board matched with bubbly personality in the chair, and I'm really glad that a favourite on the wings has gone away with a huge sum of money, as it doesn't often work out that way!

I'd have astonished myself and gone on at £40,000 on that board with the top 2 there and 20k back-up. It's 2/5 for starters you've got a 6 figure sum in your box, and otherwise you've probably got a deal for a meaningful sum unless you hit that 10% chance. Don't blame Ashleigh for taking it, though, as it was a HUGE amount, and although it was an OBW, it felt like a player win, as we haven't had a win that big for quite some time!

Enjoy the money, Ashleigh!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:39 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Good game but it's a shame she didn't go a bit further. With those boxes I'd have won 56/100K.

Still a nice hefty/chunky money win.

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:50 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

Well done Ashleigh. £40,000 was too good to risk.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:26 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

There must me something wrong with me, but 40k actually felt really disappointing. Though I absolutely adored Ashliegh and at her age, 40k in absolutely ,life-changing, I can't put my finger on it. I adored her as well, and if she'd won a blue after turning down some huge sums, I'd have been totally sick.

Wasn't it exactly the same last 5 as Kelsie but with 100k there instead of 75k? In that situation, the 10% chance of an all-blue finish would seriously scare me even if I thoguht 40k was a bit light of what the board deserved, so don;t blame her one bit for taking it - I never had her down as a big gambler, and she did take some risks at ealier offers to get to that point.

I admire Stuart fior his advice too - he recognised that it was maybe low for the board, but she'd have to be content with winning a blue having turned down 50k if it wen twrong - I doubt I'd cope with it, so well done him.

And well doen Ashleigh on a great game - you were awesome, and she's deffo my fave female from that position - though don;t sthnk she beats E.D. for overall!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]