Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:54 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
£1K short of the mean. Even with a £3K backup, I'd deal that.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Got the T-Shirt wrote:
I promise you its banned, we were told several times not to do it! Maybe star week was different I wasnt involved then..

We was told not to, definitely - just wondered why they didn't do a re-shoot then lol!!!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

John says he decided he'd never ask the audience or his wife, but he's become a coward :-D Noel asks who would deal at this point, and the majority would deal...

The banker phones

The banker says he can have the swap - John says he'd never swap and he's still got the same girl :P

John DEALS

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Noel opens John's box 11 and reveals £3,000

corncrake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

They did the dodgy camera angle again

Oh YESS!!!!!! What a great ending for a great character! Well done John!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Maybe not an OPW but still a profit on the box, and a good one at that!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

John runs over and does a high five with Olly, and shakes the hands of all the other contestants...

The other box - box 16 - newbie Namron - £35,000

Doreen says it was a fine game and he did it the way he wanted - John says normally he makes the decisions in the house... :-D

Noel says John is a great guy with his smile lighting up the dream factory. Noel says he'll remember how despite losing £100k and £250k, John was smiling... Noel concludes by saying "FUNNYYY" :-D

Zell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Zell    Post subject:

What a game! :D

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

What a game! One of the best for a while and £18,000 is huge. Well Done John!

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

What a great character, really enjoyed that game and so glad he got a good amount of money at the end of it! Well Done John, enjoy £18,000!! :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

I think that was a game that neither dealers or no-dealers could really criticise. The 22 on the wings are starting to show signs of real personality the last few days.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Got the T-Shirt wrote:
I promise you its banned, we were told several times not to do it! Maybe star week was different I wasnt involved then..

Welcome to the forum - would you do us the favour of introducing yourself properly please.

Got the T-Shirt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: Got the T-Shirt    Post subject:

Guys, I know there has been some criticism of the group....however you have to remember that these shows are 1.5 + hours long cut right down. Production really thought this group had loads of charcters....unfortunately alot of the banter was quite risque and has been cut!

As the shows go on over xmas and new year I PROMISE you will see some classics!

Respect

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Good game He totally did the right thing turning down that hidious 26K offer and despite losing the two big ones he still got the best part of 20K out of the game and he had the 3k so a job well done ! :-D

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Got the T-Shirt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Author: Got the T-Shirt    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
Got the T-Shirt wrote:

Welcome to the forum - would you do us the favour of introducing yourself properly please.

hi my name is James Neddhi, however, I cannot reveal anymore due to my job/position. Thanks for the welcome and for your support for DOND

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:12 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

This is a game which is a perfect example of where I am a targetist but also am a bit of a reader of the board. The targetist part of me was telling me to deal third offer of £22,000, but reading the board, I'd have gone on. £26,000 would have got me out of the chair at eight box though. I'd probably have no dealt the fifth offer, and may have no dealt the final offer...

Anyway I knew John would be good - I thought he was great on the wings despite doing nothing, although no-one else seemed to agree with me. But then in his game, he proved to be a legend. :P

Was that a case of bluffing the other way?! Where John said he wasn't a gambler... and ended up gambling? Anyway, I'm glad it went well for him. I think dealing or no dealing any of the last four offers was completely justifiable. So it's one of those games where whatever happened I don't think the player would kick themselves too much if they dealt too soon / late. There were very few backups at 11-box and even fewer at 8-box.

I have to say that game was probably the one I've enjoyed most since Denis which was just over 2 weeks ago... well done and enjoy that money John!!

Last edited by h2005 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaz_123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:14 pm    Author: Shaz_123    Post subject:

What a great game! enjoy 18,000 John!! :D

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:16 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Courage... slightly paid. A great guy, but c'mon! When are we going to have courage really paid off?

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

I've been thinking since John appeared what a nive, quiet guyhe seemed, and then today he acts like a total idiot. what an annoying contestant. And the Banker? What a w*nker!! What was that 18 grand offer all about? made it too easy.

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:45 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Here we go again. Another day another sob story. I thought I had switched on to Hearts of Gold with Esther Ratbag for a minute. Still a good wodge of money will make everything better won't it :roll:

That aside John was a lively old spark and a good laugh. As the game progressed and board got very strong I must admit I was waiting for the deal. But he turned down some decent offers (and rightly so with that board) that many would have grabbed and run with. Even so the no-deal for £26k was a pleasant surprise and he didn't really deserve the disasterous round that followed.

Nonetheless he got a decent payout in the end and gave us an entertaining game.

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]