Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:11 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:11 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

stezza

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:27 pm    Author: stezza    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Well done Asma ! If I were you, I would cash that cheque asap ! :D Having said that, I still have my cvheque (for 10p) at home from last June !!!!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Asma was another one of those people who suddenly become great once they get in the chair - I think the show editors could have been a bit harsh on her during her time on the wings, but she was fabulous today, and the game was a keeper for sure. Great to see determination and resilience rewarded with the maximum amount possible from the game! Reminded me a lot of Emma B's game actually, another sparkly young lady determined to come through adversity and justifiably rewarded.

Amazing how 5k feels great in games like that, but rubbish for people like Khanny and Swappy Matt....

(Speaking of Khanny, I got served by someone who looked like a spitting image of him but slightly older on the checkout when I went to buy some petrol today....) :)

And some good wing banter as well with Kerry and Hayley, and I think Clive's on course to be the next true legend - he's like a countrified version of Denis!

The faith is returning - well done Asma on the 5k, it must feel like loads at such a young age, and you truly deserved every penny of it! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:47 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done Asma. A nice game today. A decent result, although not the biggest but still a nice win.

george

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:50 pm    Author: george    Post subject:

Great game ;; I really liked Asma, and the 5k felt like a 50k win at the end.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:00 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

The cruelty in DoND is when it builds up expectations and then destroys them.

This game did the destruction first and then the wish fulfilment! Great to see happiness over just 2% of the much-vaunted top prize, £5,000 ain't peanuts despite the way it sometimes gets treated as such in games with more luck than this one!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:06 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

I sat next to Asma in the studio audience just before she was due to appear in the wings, and I am so happy she got something out of the game. Round 6 and 7 were perfection! :D

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Shame the game didn't take off but 5K is a nice amount and one you can do quite a few things with.

It's an amount I can achieve just about really and turn down in the game but would be happy if I won it at the end of a game like this.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:58 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

mike wrote:
Was it just me or did anyone else think newbie Stephen looks like Christopher Biggins :?

My thoughts exactly! Anyway, I enjoyed Asma's game so much. It was one of the best games I've watched in ages. I was surprised how bubbly she was, as in the wings she'd been a bit overshadowed. "I could make a nice dress out of your shirt." After over 600 shows, someone had to say it!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:12 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Well done Asma on £5,000 and actaully a perfect game. And for poking fun at Noel's shirts :D though it's a scary though imagining Noel in a dress :shock:

I'm also wondering as Asma's game only ever had a maximum offer of £5,000, and indeed her box only had £5,000, what other games have there been that have also only received offers of £5,000 or less and for their box to contain a low figure :?

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:24 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

A good, feel-good game. Hope we get some more shows like this!

Asma was a character in her game but not so much on the wings... bad editing I suspect. Still, well done Asma and enjoy the money!

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]