Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Zell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:54 pm    Author: Zell    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
ANOTHER 75k vs 1p finish! :shock:

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

That £75k certainly likes being left with 1p in active play...

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

WOW says Noel... If you have sold your 1p box for £40,000 it will be one of the biggest deals ever, although you could still have had the £75,000...

The banker says that because Loraine took out the 50p he would have offered

SWAP

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

The banker admits he'd have offered a swap and no cash offer!!! :shock: I wouldn't want to get 1p vs £75k if I ever went on the show... :shock: :shock:

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Loraine says she wouldn't have swapped

Noel opens box 21 and reveals £75,000

Box 13 (Terry) contains the 1p

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Well, I'd have swapped in fury if I'd got that far, and produced a collapse that would surely never have been matched!

(I suspect I'd have got £32,000 though.)

What a game! And only a hardcore Wakeyist could call that disastrous. £40,000, people!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

He was going to do a PJ on her? Does anyone belive he really would do that again?

Anyway 40K for me was a no deal with that board and just as I suspected she had a power 5 in her box.
I could never deal with 2 higher let alone 4.

Although the way the 1p has kept showing up lately I would not have been totally shocked had it come again.

Enjoy the 40K anyway!

(ps: kestral I did not explode because she did not come down telling her to deal)

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Last edited by SrWilson on Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

It was 50:50 either way, and would you No Deal £74,999 with £75,000, £100,000 and six blues? :)

(Note also that I would have turned down £40,000 because of the stability, and taken £32,000 because of the disaster chance suddenly being 30%.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

I hadn't noticed Loraine a great deal on the wings (bar the discussion on here about whether her name had two "r"s or one "r"). She certainly seemed determined with her faith in the boxes and it seemed to work - it reminded me of Lynne. A while after her game, Lynne in the chatroom said that she saw the lights shining differently on different boxes. She asked others if there was a lighting problem, but no-one could see anything different. She chose the boxes which had different lighting on them.... and took out loads of blues in a row!

Loraine reminded me of Lynne for that reason, and it was an interesting show with a good deal. So many people who have faith or psychic powers take it too far and end up crashing their game, but she knew when to stop... real psychic powers? Probably not. More likely just luck! But entertaining nevertheless and great to have the first > £25k win since Chris B's £75k (+£1k) win on Halloween evening. Well done Loraine and enjoy the money.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

KP wrote:
It was 50:50 either way, and would you No Deal £74,999 with £75,000, £100,000 and six blues? :)

Dunno, but the banker does not work like that :P so its illrellavent.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:05 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

risk-taker? don't make me laugh. and how can someone play on with total honesty when they're playing with "spiritualist" vibes? surely they'd then pick out what boxes they had red vibes about? and to say she knew she had a blue all along, then refuse to swap it for what would, in that case, be the last red, is completely dishonest.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:11 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

I have always thought that the proveout on DOND is a slight flaw in the format as you never know whether someone's telling the truth about what boxes they'd have chosen (my Mum often points this out to me :P).

And the fact that Loraine said she thought she had 50p in her box but that she wouldn't have swapped is indeed slightly odd...... but who cares, she's the first person to win more than £25k for nearly a month! :P

redrum666

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:13 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Big D wrote:
risk-taker? don't make me laugh. and how can someone play on with total honesty when they're playing with "spiritualist" vibes? surely they'd then pick out what boxes they had red vibes about? and to say she knew she had a blue all along, then refuse to swap it for what would, in that case, be the last red, is completely dishonest.

Spiritualism is a load of old nonsense, players just say that to "worry" the banker and, agreeing with SrWilson for once- it would have been more painful to swap the big money away and, as it wasn't the 50p which she thought was in her box, she may have lost faith in her beliefs about box 21 and therefore decided to keep it.

Another one for the hindsight wagon it seems.

garylq

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:13 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject:

Great win for Loraine, £40K is certainly not to be sniffed at, but she did make herself look a bit silly at times with what she said; 'I am a risk taker', '50p in my box', 'no way £75K in my box'.

I would have no-dealt all the way, but then I suppose I would have ended up with a 50/50 chance of joining the 1p club.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I would have won 75K too theres no way on Earth i'd swap so...

40K to me was not enough for the board!

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:19 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
He was going to do a PJ on her? Does anyone belive he really would do that again?

Yes, expect the unexpected.

and final two "no cash/swap" offers are alive and well in another country.
http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11686

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:20 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Hmm. Good game and it's not void as the SWAP offer was in proveout. And SrWilson, £40,000 was VERY VERY good for the board (admittedly the mean was £61,000 but that's still 65% of it). Also stop going around under the impression that you are a wakeyist. Because you're just not, so give it a rest.

Welldone Lorraine on £40k - I'd have gone further (as always) but hey enjoy the money

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:21 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I know they do it in Aussie one but last time they did it here it did not go down well with people although I found it entertaining and exciting.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

daniel123 wrote:
Hmm. Good game and it's not void as the SWAP offer was in proveout. And SrWilson, £40,000 was VERY VERY good for the board (admittedly the mean was £61,000 but that's still 65% of it). Also stop going around under the impression that you are a wakeyist. Because you're just not, so give it a rest.

Welldone Lorraine on £40k - I'd have gone further (as always) but hey enjoy the money

WTF I would NEVER deal with 4 amounts higher !

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:38 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
daniel123 wrote:

WTF I would NEVER deal with 4 amounts higher !

Good, I dont think anyone else in their right minds would either. But still, a good offer.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]