Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:40 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
Seems like I missed a good show and a cracking slanging match. :?

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:44 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

basicasic wrote:
Seems like I missed a good show and a cracking slanging match. :?

Yeah, you should have been here to put all of us dealers in our places Betty, we were just getting so rampant.

Anywho, through my flaming of SrWilson, I forgot to say well done to the contestant with the greatest name ever- Well done James, enjoy £15,000!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Why is it the greatest name ev...oh never mind... :oops: ;)

Was a great game - just reminded me of a game earlier in the season where he no dealt and then wiped out the £250,000 to be left with peanuts.

Now let's get a win over £25,000 before next weekend!!! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:17 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Good game I enjoyed that one. Good to see sensible offers on an all-or-peanuts board for a change, if the banker had been evil to Judy proportions, he would have offered James £2,500 at 5-box once all his modest fallbacks had gone - instead of £15,000!!!

And really glad he dealt too - a 1p win would have destroyeed what little confidence the remaining players had left, so avoiding that was priceless and we might just have turned the corner now. He deserved a reward for effectively walking through a minefield for 2 whole rounds - every glimpse of red was making me panic for a split second until realising it was the 5k, 3k and 1k. Though it is often the kind of board where the biggie ends up being in the box, the player has dealt for a sensible amount but had no back-ups.

I am really surprised the banker didn;t try the old £14,999 trick or the new £16,500 one - I think psychologically, both were more likely to be no-dealed than the 15k was!

And I would have been tempted to swap at the first offer as Box 14 is getting a reputatuion like Box 6 - though I've no idea which one I'd swap for. Probably 1, 7 or 22. What was in those three?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Oh they all had blues, the highest of which was £500. Irrel;evant then (though if I had swapped I would have picked 14 straight away, and with it being 1p, might have got me better offers!) :-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:36 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Thank goodness for that. I don't think I could have stood another banker victory. Great game to kick off the new series, and hopefully it's boosted the contestants' confidence back up again. Really welldone on that £15,000 James! :D

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:35 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Typical..the day i forget to set my video recorder for a Saturday game is the day we have a decent win and a player whos game i wanted to see.

Well done James!!!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:37 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Well yet again box 14 has a low number, it doesn't seem to be much of a lucky number. Anyway James well done on your £15,000, which considering the way the game went and isolating the £250,000 early on was a good result. Personally I would of struggled at the £15,000 offer and I may have just risked it for the heck of it. Whilst £15,000 was a lot of money I may of just gone on for all or nothing.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:32 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

mike wrote:
Well yet again box 14 has a low number

Interesting. Around about this time last year, I had a "Box 14 watch" as box 14 seemed to have an unsually high number of reds and very few blues - and most of its boxes in Season 2 up till about November seemed to be above £20,000.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:06 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I never commented on the game. Good game with testing offers. The 15K was well pitched and excellent to see an OPW. Hopefully this new filming stage marks a more sensible banker. :)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:12 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Out of interest concerning box 14 I decided to look back at the last 20 games (from Charly 5th Nov up to Colin yesterday) and see what box 14 has contained over that period.

It's had 6 reds (two of which were power 5 amounts) and 14 blues (7 of them containing a banker's power 5 amount).

Up until yesterday with Colin where it had £3,000 the last time it had a red was in Tony's game on the 12th Nov, meaning that it had a run of 12 blues. In the consecutive games of Michael, Mary & Ajay it had £20,000 - £50,000 & £75,000 respectively. The last time box 14 contained the £250,000 was in Steve's game on the 11th Oct.

I'm not sure about last year but at the moment it definitely seems to contain a lot of low numbers.

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]