Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:07 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I see the banker is back to his inflated PO offers. I think he would've stuck at 15k. There is no way he would've offered 23k. He gave Mario less than that with the QM still there!!! Great job Denis.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Tom22 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
Nice one Dennis enhoy the 16K The final curtain came down perfectly!

Someone's hacked into his account :shock:

No they didn't, I would have no dealed his 16K offer but I liked the guy so I am just glad he only lost out by 7K and Not 84k odd.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

What a fabulous game for an absolute LEGEND! Jean was my favourite player from shows 301 - 600, I wanted to put Denis in the # 1 spot, but didn't think he'd play before show 600... he has played before show 600... so he's now my favourite player from shows 301 - 600!!!

A great game that was a joy to commentate with so many funny moments... I knew it would be his game today and I knew from spoilers that he won a decent amount, but not huge. A great game, with a great player and some excellent, hilarious banter between the banker and Denis, between Noel and Denis, between the wings and Dennis and the banker and Noel...

That was one of my favourite shows ever and is definitely show of the month so far for me for November!! Noel did ruin it a little when he starting shouting how it wasn't good enough in proveout. Imagine if Denis had left the £100k into the final two, Noel would've dampened the atmosphere totally by going on about it. :roll: Oh and the £23,000 proveout offer was surely inflated...

Anyway, a HUGE well done Denis... enjoy the money. ;) :D

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:57 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Great show, Denis's game was one I'd been looking forward to and he didn't disappoint. I suspected it wasn't going to be a cliffhanger of a game with the extended introduction and what seemed a long "Act 1", but he got out of it with a decent sum of money and confirmed himself as one of the characters of season 3 so far.

Only question is who to go for in the E11 poll - Brian, Planet Joan or Denis, and that's just since the summer break, every other player who stands on that far end seems to be a legend!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:05 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Noel said in his intro that if you admit to being unlucky it is likely to come true...he obviously doesn't remember Graeme's game then!

Anyway, I really liked Denis and thought he was an absolute legend in his game! (or should that be play!) Really welldone on that £16,500 Denis! :D

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That was brilliant. A great game and a hilarious character. Well done Denis!!!

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:57 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

What a thoroughly enjoyable show. Denis played the 'old luvvy' to perfection giving us a vintage rendition and plenty of laughs.

And without it it would have been a bit of a non-descript game with a (these days) early deal. Thought the £16,500 offer was a bit high by today's standards and the £23k proveout offer was wildly inflated. The rest, especially the deal, was completely forgettable save for an eventual happy ending.

So a show memorable not for the actual game but for the lead actor's accomplished performance.

I'm going to add him to my favorites list dahling. :)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:28 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
Stats after Round 2
Offer: £8,500
Mean: £16,404.65
Offer (%): 51.81%
Fair Deal: £7,262.27
Volatility: 0.77
Redometer: 8 (↓2)

Board

10p

£5
£10
£50
£100

£500

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000

£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000

£100,000

THATS TOO HIGH

Erm...anyway. Where were we? Oh yes. Welldone Denis on £16,500. That was too high aswell but hey, welldone anyways

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:58 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

But soft, what light from DONDer window breaks! Is this a Denis I see before me? All the world's a Deal, and each must open a box, alas, rich Denis, I knew him, Noel! To Deal or not to Deal, that is the question - £250,000, £250,000, wherefore art thou £25...

*is whacked in the head*

Ahem.

DENIS ROCKS!!! See, this is why I want to wait until show 600's aired before I do my 301-600 list, he's seriously one of my all-time favourites ever, I wish he really was a retired actor cus that would have just been rad!

Really really entertaining contestant and I'm glad that he got a decent five-figure win out of his game, well done Denis...ENCORE!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:05 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Good game - he was a good character.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:07 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
If I'd known that was coming I'd have been more tempted to go on at eight-box. No-brainer five-box offer, verging on an outright banker lie.

It was a bit inflated - he probably would ahve offered 19/20K.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:03 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

It's a shame Denis had to stand in the same place as brian really, but what an entertaining game, a but like Basil Fawlty Peter's - a nice 5-figure win though never really tense, and not quite an OPW, but a very good deal against the box. A nice enjoyable game which is just what we needed after 3 really unpleasant ones.

The proveout offer did seem high for the current banker, but Andy K and Paul (the one who played just before Laura) got offered 20k with a similar 5-box boared but with a blue instead of 5k, so it is feasible. Though we do seem to be in a cautious period at the monent.

Denis was clearly a good assessor of the baord, and I think he correctly was trying to judge what the next offer would be if he took out certain boxes in the next round, so i guess the banker's mean-ness on 1-box games must have been the deciding factor in the deal. I knew that was going to make people deal earlier! I couldn't actually see the 5-box offer being much higher unless he missed all the 3 remaining biggies - 100k/50k rubbish could easily be a stick, at whcih point the 5k suddenly becomes important!

But really enjoyable nonetheless. Well done Denis! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Rich D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:12 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

There's not much on TV nowadays that makes me laugh out loud, but Denis's first comment to the Banker certainly did! Great show!

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:33 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Very funny episode today. Good job, as the game itself was forgettable.

Shows why the banter, the great characters, the banker etc etc are so important. It was a great show. But if they'd just played the game dry without those elements, it would have been awful.

Nice work all round!!

Duffer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:40 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

Absolutely hilarious game! All the best players are from Sussex you know... ;)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:50 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I just want to say a wonderful well done to Denis and his £16,500. I had been looking forward to his game for ages and he didn't disapoint, he played along with his role great and has a great sense of humour and is on my list of favourite top 10 players.

yoozel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:50 pm    Author: yoozel    Post subject:

Denis was pure comedy! What a fantastic game. Well done on £16,500 :D

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]