Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:04 am Last visit was: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:04 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
Oh Jeez I thought the 1p club was coming then - Cannot deny when some people win 1p I find it a bit humerous no other show can you win a penny. But I did not want it to Happen to Judy so I was relived when it went, But still a shame she only won £10. She still did the right thing going for the 35K though.

Bad luck Judy.

The banker is a git with his shattered gift!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well that was an awful game for a great player. Judy and her husband, Paul, made a great double act at the Pound Table. In fact, he reminded me a bit of a more koalaised version of Postman Brian from March.

The first offer being the highest? That hasn't happened for a long while. :( The £350 was just ridiculous - and at the point of 4 blues and £35k, my mind was taken back to the first ever game (Lynn (1)'s) where she had a similar board and was offered over £4k, which whilst it was the first show, highlighted just how crap Judy's offer was. His tactic of a forcing offer worked, and Judy had no option but to play on... such a shame the weather outside matched the weather inside the Dream Factory and she won, what is, in my opinion, the dullest amount as it's not really spendable and isn't one of the banker's Power 5 amounts.

This time last week, I said how the week hadn't gone too well as the running total was £60,500, well the running total for this week is £52,260! Not helped by two blue wins. Let's hope tomorrow's player does well to up the total somewhat.

Well done Judy for laughing your way through your bad luck... and well done to you and Paul for providing a funny show - the best of luck in the future! Hope you have continuing success with the model railway... :P

Profile E-mail  

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:13 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

A crushing game in which the Banker showed no compassion or get out. It was downhill from the start and by 5 box it was very precarious. Hubby seemed to shut up and let her play the game after the Banker's wise words though there wasn't much for him to influence. Had she been offered a reasonable get-out I'm sure she would have grabbed the chance but these days when the Banker has you on the floor you get a good kicking.

Thankfully Judy took her misadventure with stoicism, realising it's all a game of luck and if the boxes don't go for you there is nothing you can do.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:17 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Well that was a total contrast to yesturday's game. Really didn't want that to happen to Judy at all, but she seemed to take the result quite well and I admire her for that. Enjoy £10, Judy, sorry it wasn't more. :(

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I guess one like that was inevitable after Shaz's yesterday. Really just could not get into it at all, it just seemed to be going in slow motion with no sort of decent win in range, and the offers didn't help either. The last time the first offer was the highest was I think Bernie's game on October 4th, who after his £8,262 got a few offers near it but never recovered and ended up winning £50. Before that you've got to go back to Battle of the Sexes, and that horrible week in mid-September when it happened to three out of the six people who played in it, Siobhan, Kulwant and Caroline!

The Banker really is in an absolutely evil mode right now, with his comments about JC recently and the stuff he did today, I just hope tomorrow we get a player who manages to shut him up and take him for something absolutely life-changing like Shaz!

Shaz_123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:24 pm    Author: Shaz_123    Post subject:

Ha ha lol. Judy was a legend! quite upset she only won £10 though........ :roll:

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:32 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Awww, what a shame. She didn't see that coming! :eyes:

Profile E-mail  

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well, perhaps it was inevitable that the model railway enthusiasts would end up with a trainwreck game... and it was one of the classic comedy trainwrecks really, with a first offer peak and a contestant who took it well throughout.

But none of that excuses the fifth offer which surely takes the title of "worst cash offer ever" - haven't checked but it must have been even lower compared to the mean than 52p Irene's £1,000.52 on a £75k-and-rubbish board. £3,000 would have given a fair get-out opportunity, though I suspect she would still have gone on - but in truth she never had a decision to make, even the swap wasn't offered!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:05 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I think I just flashed back to September there. 350 quid with 35k still there, someone go and shoot that banker.

Yesterday was fantastic for the banker getting it so unbelievably wrong, today you just wanted to strangle him. At least the 35k went first box - it's always tons more painful if you hit it last box before the offer, but at least you never had the chance to contemplate it happening.

It's only going encourage people to deal earlier if they think they'll get THAT sort of offer when it becomes a complete one-box game.

But well done Jusy on being such as wonderful entertaining contestant, and unusually, her husband was a legend too! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:21 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

The banker really has a field day with a 4 blues/power 5 finishes. The producer really needs to stop this. While the banker is supposed to get the player for the least possible, the offers should be fair. I think her 5-box offer should've had another zero at the end. Judy and her husband were great.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:52 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Unlucky Judy. The boxes just didn't go your way and as for the offers...well you didn't really have much to think about with them either.

I couldn't believe when the Banker offered £350 and I actually thought it was a joke offer and that when he rang back he was going to offer more, but instead he just rubbed salt into the wound.

Unlucky game but a great character.

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:36 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
See, I thought the £6k needed to be taken, as the only way to a higher offer was keeping them both, which was odds-against... and it could have been a quite substantial drop (though I never expected that) if one stayed...

Wow. Just ugly. And talk about an attempt at a 'manufactured' big finish failing big time, the £35k went first!!
#

Indeed the board reminded me of madeleine's game at 8 box which didn't
turn out well but I think most people including myself would be sucked in and expect a 4 figure get out at 5 box.

and I would have liked a 3.5K offer so even if she turned it down at least she had a chance.
There's no 'game' in ridiclous offers just a forced big win or trainwreck.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:07 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
haven't checked but it must have been even lower compared to the mean than 52p Irene's £1,000.52 on a £75k-and-rubbish board.

It was only 5% of the average compared to Irene's 6.66%

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:42 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

What a horrible game. I thought £3K on a £75K board was bad. Equivalent would have been about £1,400 today and we got a quarter of that.

Like KP, £6K would have got me out at 8-box. When will people learn that gambling on a 2 box and peanuts board at 8 box is only about 36% chance of keeping both and avoiding the 5 box situation we had today.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

KP wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO He's down already the big money is going to be blown meh.

Or the collapse is going to be averted?

Or the hubby is going to be Wakeyistic?

Well I'll be over the moon and also very very surprised if the latter happened. I just cant be bothered to read the thread thats all :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:41 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Judy didn't really deserve that but then again, games like that one have to happen.

Judy was a great player, a great character as well. Well done on the £10 though.

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

You know, at £350 he might as well not have bothered making an offer. He could have phone up and said "Just open another 3 boxes, then I'll see what I'll do"! Even a SWAP like VENTRESS got would have been more use as there would have been some element of a decision!

I can only think it came about by Michael's deal, thinking he can get anyone on an all-or-peanuts game, but god, i hope it stops!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:37 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I hope it will too - I hope the banker will stop beating up players on trainwreck boards too - there's just no game there and even when the banker is punished like Shaz's game, it doesn't feel earnt.

I'd just like more sensible middle of the road offers. There's a difference between low testers and joke offers.

Maybe the banker will change in the new filming series.

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]