Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
I'm so glad she ignored her negative friend and grabbed the moment - cruel odds to take out the 3 higher amounts but she still got 15K so thats a great result :D !

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Good game, well done on the £15,000 Nicky! Enjoy it.

That's now Beryl, Nicky, Maria, Anne-Marie, Massimo and Louise who have carried the £15,000 to the table in box 6! :shock:

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
I'm so glad she ignored her negative friend and grabbed the moment - cruel odds to take out the 3 higher amounts but she still got 15K so thats a great result :D !

She must have been one of the most pessimistic friends to have ever gone on the show, to say that she believes that Nicky's box had £100 with 7 higher amounts higher, that could have really affected the offer if she had a normal round instead of the one she had...

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Solskjaer wrote:
Box 11 - 1p :D

Mario (Box 9) - £50

Ashleigh (Box 10) - £100,000

Banker time.....

That would be Loraine.

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:09 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

That was a rollercoaster of a game. :shock: but the thing I liked about Nicky was she wasn't fazed by the ups and down and particularly stood firm after the 'round from hell'. How many would have thrown in the towel and dealt for the £2100? Especially with her 'dealing' friend hovering about like the Grim Reaper.

But Nicky was brave and decided to keep going and what a wise decision it turned out to be. The Banker's last second swap offer didn't de-rail her and a much deserved £15k was the reward for her courage.

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:13 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

That game twisted and turned so much, it was like one big Cadbury's Curly Wurly! A perfect fourth round lead into that almost £20,000 offer, but no way can you blame her for going on, it should have been way more than that with so many biggies there. To follow that with the worst possible fifth round was just agony, and I felt like turning off after that, but I'm glad I didn't as she kept her nerve, played to the end and won the last five figure box left. But just imagine had she followed her friend's advice and dealt at round 4, there'd have been ten pages of this thread consisting of the word "WHAT?!" and then that round would have silenced everyone!

Well done on the 15 grand, Nicky, enjoy the money!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:30 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

That game was more twistier than a game of Twister! To go from having a great board at the start with the offers cranking up, to then take out all three of the highest reds remaining at 8-box was really bad and depressing. But then having a £3,000 vs £15,000 final two, no dealing £7,100 and Noel lifting the lid to reveal £15,000 totally rocked! So she could have had £19,100 but the risk was worth it and you could see she was happy with £15,000! Really, really glad she turned it around and won £15,000! Welldone Nicky, enjoy the money! :D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:50 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Image Well Done Nicky! good decision to go to the end - Thought it was going wrong for a bit. Enjoy the £15,000! :-D

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Thanks to Tom and Sols for stepping in for the commentary. :D

Kes was due to do the commentary but has obviously been called away to have his wings clipped.

I was in a lecture this afternoon hence why I wasn't around, I don't think it'd have gone down too well if I'd got my laptop out and put C4 streaming on during the lecture. :P

Last edited by h2005 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yorkie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:31 pm    Author: Yorkie    Post subject:

Well done Nicky, well pleased for you! :P

Yorkie - not for girls !!

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:39 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Thanks Sols and Tom for stepping there with no notice!

Really appreciate that :D

Sorry I wasn't around, got held up at a job that took a lot longer than I had planned...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Very, very odd game. Dealing at £19,100 wouldn't have been stupid with a £50k-high final five a 37.5% chance - indeed, I suspect I would have taken it - but the presence of a low/mid-red block and the absence of pocket change made it an awful lot easier to take a chance, and the perfect recovery from the 1-in-56 nightmare round proved as much.

I'd have either won £19,100 or £3,000 (yeah, endgame swap would have burned me this time). A very interesting game, and a good result. Almost like the little sister of Charly's game really!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:13 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well that one defined the term "rollercoaster game", particularly from the 8-box stage. I can't remember the last time we saw the 1-in-56 disaster scenario in round 5, initially made famous by Geordie's game - must have been a few others in nearly 600 shows. But she resisted the temptation of a Michael-style desperation deal and held her nerve to get back to almost where she was at the fourth offer - one of those games that was technically an OBW but certainly didn't feel like it!

The last offer was far from a "good offer" as Noel described it though, on £15k/blue it would have been, but with a £3k backup it was a joke! Risk £4,100 on an evens shot to win an extra £7,900, with a guaranteed £3k in any case? Even Greeny would take that one on!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

The £7,100 would have been the right offer on £1k/£15k I think. I'd have offered £8,000 in the actual situation. Maybe more. Maybe £8,400 would have been the offer there, four times the last one?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Shaz_123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:50 pm    Author: Shaz_123    Post subject:

Well done for winning 15,000 Nicky ;)

GAC1984

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:07 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Enjoy £15,000 Nicky Well Done!

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:11 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done Nicky. A great game, big turnaround!!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That seemed to be racing along, and the way Nicky was confidently no-dealing the early offers made me think a big win was on our hands. Then she got her friend down who was possibly the biggest pessimist I've ever seen on the show which wasted a load of time, then after the disater round, thought she was going to win £100 or £750, so 15k did actually feel like more than it was. The offers later on were rubbish as well, as they've been a lot lately, but thankfully we're getting some reds in the boxes unlike September to compensate for that! :)

Has anyone brought along a partner/friend/family member who's been a big no-dealer? It seems they're all full of the fear of doom! :)

The only thing was it seems a trifle unfair to call that an OBW, it certainly felt like the player beat the banker at least technically, only one of the offers was a fraction more than the amount won. It certainly didn;t feel like one, and you could also say that about Charly's game!

The only painful thing is imaging if she'd picked the 6th round boxes in the 5th round, then what would the offer have been - the last 5 would have been 3k/15k/20k/50k/250k - I could envisage an offer of something just shy of 50k in that scenario, with some good safety nets!

But well done on a great game Nicky, you truly deserved every penny you got!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:35 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Jenny (2) had her son in the audience, and he advised a no deal on a 4 blue/£250,000 final 5 with an offer of £20,000!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:44 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

good game but the 19.1K offer was low as were the last 2.

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]