Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm Last visit was: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:53 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Haha, "I hate number 4"... EDIT: Ok, it has £250,000...

The anti-wakey game!

Shut up Noel...

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

OH YES!!!

Perfect timing! :-D

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

She says 9 is her birthday and she hates 4... 17, 4 and 9 is what she's choosing now.

17 - Tony - £3,000

Noel said it would've been ok, and tells the audience to stop clapping. He says it's vital to find £250k

4 - Colin - he says if this is a low number and anyone applauds, he'll throw them out :? :lol: £250,000 :D :D

Noel comments how Steff said she didn't like number 4...

9 - newbie Olly - £50,000

The perfect proveout finish :D

Banker time with 50p and £750 remaining......

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Noel says it's like the end of Titanic with the decks submerged... the banker also says he's crying!! :lol:

Banker's offer would've been

£444.44 :lol:

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Noel opens Steff's box 3 and reveals £750

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

What a fantastic game!

Enjoy £25,000, Steff ;) :D

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

The other box - box 7 - Steff's lucky number - Ashleigh - 50p

Noel said she played it well and the expression of emotion was something that's quite refreshing. Noel said it's a brave game as her target was revealed to be £10,000 to pay off her loans, and anything else would be a bonus.

Last edited by h2005 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:57 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Stats after Round 6
Offer: £444.44
Mean: £375.25
Offer (%): 118.44%
Fair Deal: £197.31
Volatility: 1500.00
Redometer: -10

Board
50p
£750

Maltus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:57 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Great game Steff - brilliantly played - you had such presence of mind to deal when you did and I would have said that even if the £250k was in your box. You never lost sight of reality, and I have SO much respect for that.

Congratulations!! xx :D

Craig

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:57 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

That was a great game, so glad i watched this instead of X factor.

The perfect game, Well Done on a great £25,000 win and Enjoy the money Steff!

Profile E-mail  

bluewater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:00 pm    Author: bluewater    Post subject:

What a game, enjoy the money.

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:00 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

That was a great game Steff! Well done!

Profile E-mail  

GAC1984

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:02 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Steff! :D

It was a fantastic show to watch I enjoyed watching.

Enjoy £25,000

Very Well Done!

Profile E-mail  

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:04 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

A feel good game today, welldone Steff, enjoy £25,000! :D

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:09 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I thought some of the offers were a bit low today and i reckon I'd have carried on at the 5 box stage but it wouldn't have taken much more to get me out.

Decent victory though.

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:14 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

That game was comparable to Queen performing live in the middle of an earthquake whilst on a ship sailing through choppy seas...it ROCKED!!!

To see a really great and gorgeous contestant get a win like that was absolutely awesome. I did think the £25,000 was low for that board, but given the final round when she took out ALL three reds left it didn't matter, it would have been so SO horrible and upsetting had she not took the offer, but she did, and what a perfect time to do so! If that's not a good example of a feel-good game then I dunno what is!

Amazingly well done, Steff, for a game that would have gone out on Rememberance Day you definitely gave us a game to remember!!

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:16 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

That was fantastic! And the really great thing about it was that I wouldn't have dealt the 25k either - I thought it was actually quite poor for the baord, but I love it when I totally get proved wrong! It was very similar to Maria (1)/Psychic Sarah and New Year Frank's last 5, and they were all offered well in excess of 30k, but would also have been worried about the 30% chance of at least relative disaster.

So happy for her as well - the great thing about games like that is imaging how horrible it would have been if she'd played on, but the emotional ones often tend to avoid it - though they sometimes do get deals that go wrong, they do avoid trainwrecks!

And my mum always has a theory that girls wearing green do well - of course, Laura, but also Charly, Zahida and now Steff as well are other examples!

This has actually been one of the most interesting weeks ever, two tense games going right to the box, one horribly agonising decision at 2-box, a great comedy game, a perfect deal to avoid total disater, and the most shocking deal I've ever seen! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:39 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

A pleasant enough show and contestant but with a target in the book a deal was always on the cards. It was always a matter of when rather than if and when the boyfriend descended from the audience it was all over. So sadly that robbbed the game of any tension and excitement. Offers were a tad low especially the £25k at 5 box but I think he thought he could get her cheap. And until the proveout it seemed as though he had.

Personally I think dealing while the £250k and £50k are still on the board should be made a crime. Especially for £25k.

Still a lucky proveout showed it to be the correct decision and a good day for dealers. You can't argue with that.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

That was so worth leaving work early to watch!

I'm so happy someone like Steff managed to win a lot of money, with an impressive outright victory to boot!

For the record though, the £25,000 offer seemed a tiny bit stingy, but hey - his loss nevertheless!

Well done!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:45 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Personally I think dealing while the £250k and £50k are still on the board should be made a crime.

Would you have no dealt Steven's hypo 66K? :)

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]