Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:09 pm Last visit was: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:09 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Peter says he is feeling OK, but Noel tells him he thinks he is not feeling OK and he thinks he has the £50,000....

Noel opens box 5 and reveals £5 :D GET IN THERE EAT YOUR WORDS NOEL :P

The banker calls back and says that he was ordinary today... :-D

Box 15 contains the £50,000

Profile E-mail  

*Rosie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:57 pm    Author: *Rosie    Post subject:

So glad he went with a nice amount, what a nice man. :D

croftrock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Good stuff. Nice guy, good banter. Tricky offers; great end. Job done!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Haha, Peter was great. That was a very entertaining game, with all the Basil Fawlty references and everything else. The banter between JC and the banker was great!! :P He made a slightly fawlty deal, as he could've had a little bit more; but he could've only had £5k more and could've ended up with £5 had he gone on to the end. So well done Peter and enjoy the money! :P

By the way, this week isn't doing too well so far in terms of total payout... "only" £60,500 - tomorrow's player will need to win more than about £10k to ensure this week isn't at the bottom end of the overall table.

Profile E-mail  

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Good show, some entertaining moments with the likes of JC, Simon, Denis etc. as well as Peter aka Basil himself - you need a show like that from time to time to connect with those in the wings and get a few games to look forward to.

We've had plenty of Wakeyistic nailbiters recently so can't complain about him taking the 5-box offer when there was a 30% chance of the all-blue finish. He didn't want to leave with nothing which is fair enough, and he didn't miss out on too much more, great to see the fiver in his box giving him a convincing TPW at least!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:11 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Power5 wrote:
Good show, some entertaining moments with the likes of JC, Simon, Denis etc. as well as Peter aka Basil himself - you need a show like that from time to time to connect with those in the wings and get a few games to look forward to.

Yes - true. I'm currently looking forward to Denis' game (with all the posh actor references), JC's game (with the argument with the banker) and Judy (with her invisible crystal ball). I'm interested in Simon's game (with his apparent intelligence).

Profile E-mail  

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:13 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Great banter between the players and the Banker today, loved it!

Welldone Peter, enjoy £10,000! :D

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

Billy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:16 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Hehe! Very entertaining show today, from the comedy sound effect after Simon's joke (it reminded me of Shooting Stars, all we needed was a tumbleweed to blow across the set!), to that banter between the Banker and JC, I really think he crossed the line a bit with calling his wife a 'cow' and I look forward to his game now, I hope he wins huge now as revenge!

Peter/Basil was brill as well, we got one of those rare things at five box which is an offer close to the average, and it was a wise decision to take it given how many games have suddenly crashed. was great that he had £5 in 5 after that! Well done on the £10,000, Peter, you are magnificent!

Surprised about the low payout this week given how we've had no blue wins, although one almost was. It would be absolutely awesome if we had an amazing game tomorrow, though!

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:20 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
Surprised about the low payout this week given how we've had no blue wins, although one almost was. It would be absolutely awesome if we had an amazing game tomorrow, though!

Well, I suppose it's the biggest win that tends to decide where a week ranks overall. A week of one £250k win and five 1ps would rank second of all time! :lol:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Great game, I didn't know if I'd enjoy it or not but it was great! Enjoy the money Basil! :P

maggieq

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:44 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject:

:D really enjoyed Peters game.no really high offers but entertaining!
enjoy the dosh Peter.good luck in the future.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:42 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That was a great game. Well done Peter, a great player!

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Today was one of them great character-based games, lots of entertainment form the wings with out any props or anything, with a bit if innuendo thrown in too.

Denis is going to be fun when he comes to the table and I think he and the Banker will get on well. And I loved the banter between J.C. and the Banker, especially the reply about his wife which I was actually shocked that the Banker would say something like that, but I thought it was a great reply and surely has to be one of the Banker's worst insults?

In terms of today's game I thought the £10,000 was a good offer and I wasn't sure if the Banker was going to go that high at that stage, I thought he might go back to the £7,777 opening offer instead. Basil...I mean Peter played a decent game and 'only' lost out on £5,000 which isn't too bad so well done Peter on the £10,000.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I've missed some decent games this week, this one being one of them! Enjoy the £10,000, Peter!!!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Last edited by Big-Davey on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

A good run of big numbers for Steff - hope she has another one tomorrow :)

I think we all knew Peter's game was going to be a good one - not the biggest of wins, but definitely some of the best banter we've seen since last month!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:36 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

The highlight of the show was the wind and tumbleweed after Simon's 'anecdote'. Apart from that a fun show with lots of laughs and banter (especially from Denis and JC) despite the seemingly constant flow of reds and mediocre offers. Peter 'the magnificent', despite everything managed to get himself into a reasonable position by 5 box and at the first test of courage turned into Peter 'the feeble'.

The offer wasn't bad for the board I thought and the proveout showed it wasn't too disasterous a decision.

A straightforward entertaining show with no gimmicks and plenty of wing banter. This is how it should be.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:09 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Interesting week of final 2 pairings

Monday £10/£20K - Offer 30% of highest amount
Tuesday £50/£100K - Offer 30% of highest amount
Wedneday 50p/£10K- Offer 27.5% of highest amount
Thursday 1p/£100K- Offer 19.5% of highest amount
Friday £5/£50K- Offer 30% of highest amount

£10K deal was the right decision. It wasn't worth risking the extra £5K for the 10% chance of a red/red finish.

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:22 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

That means we've had 6 red/blue finishes in a row, with Helen's game on the doubled board last weekend as well. And they've mainly been substantial reds and very low blues! It's definitely been an "all-or-peanuts" era.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:50 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
Interesting week of final 2 pairings

Monday £10/£20K - Offer 30% of highest amount
Tuesday £50/£100K - Offer 30% of highest amount
Wedneday 50p/£10K- Offer 27.5% of highest amount
Thursday 1p/£100K- Offer 19.5% of highest amount
Friday £5/£50K- Offer 30% of highest amount

£10K deal was the right decision. It wasn't worth risking the extra £5K for the 10% chance of a red/red finish.

yeah i've always been sceptical of proveout offers and the banker's behaviour on all or peanuts power 5 finishes, I'd like to see slightly better ones though to encourage no dealing to 2 box.

I thought the 15K proveout offer was good today.

The 10k was cleverly pitched. I think i'd have most likely gone to 2 box but am not 100%.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:20 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

I really enjoyed Peter's game today, but I was hoping he'd take the chance at 5 box. I didn't like the comment about J.C's wife. I think the banker really crossed the line there. I don't know what the banker was on today, as the alomony comment was a bit near the knuckle too. I laughed myself stupid, but there would have been people watching who are more easily offended than me.

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]