Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:06 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
WHAT A SET UP!!

After Michael's game yesterday, they wanted her to go on, and they did that to make her believe, and the way Noel was acting all cautious. Today was one big "play."

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Well, that was a zillion times more exciting than yesterday! The more the Laura stuff continued, I started to wonder whether she actually was going to win it, today is even exactly 10 months since Laura played!

It was a really gutting moment when that £250k went and had she won a blue after that, especially 50p, it would have annoyed me so much that a courageous player gets the small win and yesterday's player misses out on the big money. But her bravery was rewarded by the £10,000, which insanely was the first time that had been won by opening the box since November *last* year, in a few days time we'd have reached the one year anniversary!

Really well done, Mary, you gave the Banker a right kick up the grass!

Lucky me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:23 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

:D Whoaaa, Mary, what a great game. Well done for being brave. Spooky the confetti falling down though :o

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:03 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

I think this is the best deal has ever been. The games are gripping, smart and funny. The contestant are really living it.

I really felt for her when she was shaking. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that. Then when she wept with relief the instant the 10K appeared - that was amazing. I feel quite exhausted myself!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

If she was that scared why did she No Deal? Don't get it myself.

Still, at least it send her crashing down to peanuts.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:45 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

When she took out alot of reds at the beginning, I thought it was going to be a repeat of yesturday's game, thankfully though she took out some blues and towards the end the board was looking quite good for her. Shame she didn't win the £20,000 but at least she won half of that which is miles better than winning a blue! Welldone Mary, enjoy £10,000! :D

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:04 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

At the risk of sounding a bit Wakeyish, that's the attitude that will bring us our second quarter-millionaire... she was there for a shot at the big money and stuck to her plan. Would have been easy to give in and take the pretty poor final offer as well, with 50p in the other box, but she held her nerve and gave us a long overdue £10,000 box win!

Well done Mary - although a Banker win, it was a dramatic game with a decent outcome and we really needed a positive finish after yesterday.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

It certainly is how we'll get another £250k win. I agree.

It's also going to bring much pain for several others before and after that, as well as smaller levels of joy for yet more.

And for Mary, it was both at once...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:12 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

You could tell by Mary's feisty personality she wasn't going to be one to be pushed around or intimidated by the Banker. Even so I thought she might grab the second chance £20k offer after (correctly) refusing the first one. But she knew it was probably going to be the only chance in her lifetime to win £250k and went for it. I admire that.

That refusal gave us another nailbiter of an ending, more so when the £250k went. At 2 box it was real test of courage. I just don't see how anybody could deal for £2750 in those circumstances. It would be heartbreaking to go through all that then deal and have £10k in your box. I'd rather take my chance and win 50p. Mary thought the same.

It was 'say a prayer' time at the box opening and the relief was palpable when the £10k was revealed. Courage rewarded.

Its a pity the £250k wasn't in her box. She might have won it. It'll probably turn up on the table of some spineless sap who has long since dealt. Such is life sigh.

Thanks for the great game Mary. Well played.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:54 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

What another great roller-coaster that was!

Just what we needed after yesterday. A deal at 8-box would have been understandable, and I really did expect her to go at 5-box, but that game was working out so like Laura's I got sucked into it myself, even though I think far too much was made of Box 5 and 5 pieces of confetti!

But 10k was still a great result, it is only half of what she turned down, but it sure is better than half as good. The banker played it very well today too, the offers were good for they needed to be for this particular player, after he got it completely wrong with Charly.

Plus - Mary was an absolute legend (as indeed the other two marys have been) and yet another contestants goes into my deam line-up, which seems to be happening a lot recently (though in this case it's only best female rather than overall - break-a-leg Jeff still gets thathonour!) :)

Well done Mary!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

An entertaining game from a good player. I knew Mary's game would be good, what with all the grass stuff whilst she was on the wings, and she certainly didn't disappoint in her game - a very nice, likeable character! :-D

However, the no deal at 8-box (and indeed, to a certain extent, 5-box) was surely due to being seduced by the £250k (in fact, Noel used to talk about people getting seduced by the board but he doesn't say that any more... he would also sometimes ask the board to be removed altogether from the screen when a player was making their decision - again, he hasn't done that for ages). I think this was evident when Anne asked Mary if the £20k was near what she had come for, and Mary replied that she's come for the £250k.

It was undoubtedly helped by the confetti falling down and so on. I read that Aaron Brock thinks it was set up - especially as Mary was obviously a believer in such spiritual things, but would they really bother to set that up?! It wouldn't be against the official rules (whether or not it'd be against moral rules is another matter...) but I don't think it was set up. I thought the 5-box offer was rather low (and apparently it'd have been even lower for another player :shock:)... maybe Michael dealing £1k yesterday has given the banker confidence in offering even lower offers especially as Michael claimed to be a "gambler"... :?

Well, what with Chris B going to the end and winning £75k, Charly going to the end and winning £20k, Michael dealing and shocking everyone and "blowing" £29k, Mary going to the end and winning £10k... not to mention Chris S' and Mikey's games where they dealt too soon and had the £250k... could this trigger a mini-post-Laura phase where the players start to gamble more?! We'll see...

Still, Mary's no deals were all justifiable (unlike Michael's deal yesterday :?) - so well done Mary and enjoy the money!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:05 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

KP she no dealt because she had balls and wanted to grab the moment and have no regrets at the end of the game - she did totally the right thing.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
KP she no dealt because she had balls

I hope that's in the metaphorical sense of the word, otherwise her husband may have made the wrong choice. ;)

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:09 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow, well that was completely different to yesterdays.

Well done Mary, £10,000 is a nice amount of money and thanks for the very amusing game that you gave us. Well done!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:10 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
. I just don't see how anybody could deal for £2750 in those circumstances. It would be heartbreaking to go through all that then deal and have £10k in your box. I'd rather take my chance and win 50p. Mary thought the same.

£2,750 is about 3 months wages for me. 50p is a few minutes work.

How close to the mean would it take the offer to be for you not to no deal a low red/banker's power 5 final 2?

Tom22 wrote:
Well it was basically 50:50 on taking one of them out and she took the right one!

It is around 50/50 that you take exactly one of 2 boxes at 8 board but 11% of the negative is taking out both of them. I'd only turn down a joke offer on a board like that.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:17 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I would have probably dealt the £2,750 had i no already of dealt at the 2nd 20k.

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:19 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
basicasic wrote:
. I just don't see how anybody could deal for £2750 in those circumstances. It would be heartbreaking to go through all that then deal and have £10k in your box. I'd rather take my chance and win 50p. Mary thought the same.

How close to the mean would it take the offer to be for you not to no deal a low red/banker's power 5 final 2?

Basicasic wouldn't deal it if the offer was £9,999.99 ;)

Myself, I certainly wouldn't deal anything much below the mean on £10k/blue. I'd take £5,000. I'd seriously consider around £4,500. Anything lower than that would be insulting and I'd take my chances.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:23 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Simon F wrote:
basicasic wrote:

Myself, I certainly wouldn't deal anything much below the mean on £10k/blue. I'd take £5,000. I'd seriously consider around £4,500. Anything lower than that would be insulting and I'd take my chances.

I have to confess that the sensible part of me would have dealt at 2 box but the part of me that watches DOND as entertainment does enjoy watching people take risks but then it's the same difference as actually risking money on a roulette wheel to watching someone else gamble.

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:27 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
I have to confess that the sensible part of me would have dealt at 2 box but the part of me that watches DOND as entertainment does enjoy watching people take risks but then it's the same difference as actually risking money on a roulette wheel to watching someone else gamble.

Exactly, some of the Wakeyists on here can't seem to understand that what people would do themselves isn't necessarily the same as what they want to watch!

People can have a cautious or targetistic attitude in the way they would play the game, but still enjoy watching the exciting games with big gambles.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:28 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
Power5 wrote:
Simon F wrote:
basicasic wrote:

Oh definitely. Watching them gamble helps build up the tension and makes the show great.

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]