Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:22 am Last visit was: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:22 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:16 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
I wonder if he woulda really been offered 30K in play with a 100K blue finish going on how stingy the banker is these days!!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:20 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Imagine if Michael had dealt with the same board with the same offer in March 2007. When Noel was at his most Wakeyist. The Noel guilt trip would've been... well, huge... although in this case, as KP said, Noel may have been correct in being a bit Wakeyist. And the proveout final offer if this had been March 2007? Probably £50k, maybe £55k just to ensure an AMO at the end.

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:39 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

LOl thats probably true, they seem to have calmed down a bit again now with the prove out offers.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:40 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

h2005 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
Steven's was stupid 4 of the power 5 and he deals gimme a break!!

Michael really did look a complete fool today though and as horrible as it sounds deservidly so!!

At least Steven dealt for £27,500...

And actually, look at Charly's game for proof of how a game can collapse, so Steven's deal wasn't anywhere near as non-justifiable as Michael's!

I agree. As much as I ridiculed Steven's deal at the time at least he went away with a large amount of money. As did Kelsie, Bullsh*t Phil, and Donna. I hate seeing golden boards squandered as much as anyone but they all dealt for large sums and even I can see they were mesmerised by a large sum of money without consideration of the potential still up on the board.

Michael's deal is unequivocally the the worst I have ever seen. In a completely different league to the above. Not only was it for a paltry sum of money but it just defied any logic or sense. I just can't think of any reason as to why he should have dealt.

And as for the gambling baloney at the beginning. We're all too long in the tooth to believe a word of it any more. I just laugh at anyone spouting that twaddle now. It action, not words that count.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:29 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I agree with the comments raised 8 box was a bizarre deal - especially with just 1K, 5 box would have been a more sensible bail out point.

perhaps he was spooked by Maria getting offered 2K at 5 box? :?
Not that he shouldn't have no dealt. It was a poor joke offer.

The board also reminded me of gloria's where she had 35K instead of 100K.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

h2005 wrote:
I don't just deal any low / early offer I see.

Snap.

Quote:
I do have a target in mind but would be willing to scrap that target if need be.

While I'm not a targetist, I do understand those who are.

Quote:
Had £5,000 or £6,000 been offered on Michael's board at 8-box, I may have considered it... I'd be wondering how much the banker would go up by at 5-box, and whether it would be worth the risk...

Precisely my thoughts. I'm pretty sure I would have taken £5k on that board in fact. Compare and contrast with Geordie who at least had the £5k and £15k with the £100k, and got offered £5k... that would have been one to make me think, and I suspect in light of the earlier insults I'd have taken it for one of the lowest ever OPWs! (Don't blame Geordie in the slightest for not doing so, though. This was in an age when keeping £100k on its own in the final five would probably lead to a £15k offer by all previous convention...)

With a 37.5% chance of disaster against a 62.5% chance of maybe £10k (which I'd then take), I suspect £5k would take me out.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:04 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Offers on 100K nothing final 5s have been poor in the past which puts the hypo 9K into question but that makes it more annoying because what if he had been forced more easily to the final 2 on that board

i doubt you'd get offered 5K on that 8 box board realistically.
I'd seriously consider that though.

the another annoying thing is the banker might continue being really mean if he thinks he can get contestants cheap.

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:27 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

That was the most pathetic deal I've ever seen. I personally would have gone to the 2-box stage and deal at £30,000. I just cannot understand why anyone would deal at £1,000, especially a supposed 'gambler' such as Michael.

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:47 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I think it needs adding to this thread as the lowest and most questionable 4th offer deal ever.

http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.p ... west+deals.

the previous lowest at that stage was chris from feb 06 but that was an understandable AMO.

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:23 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

What a day for my internet and TV to go down yesterday, I've been waiting forever until it came back so I could read what everyone thought of this game and comment on it!

Normally I respect each and every Deal, as it's their game and their decision and they've dealt at a sum that they're happy with. Sorry, not today. Michael's Deal joins Kathleen's for me, two shows where all I've thought of are "I really think that's the wrong decision", which is interesting as one dealt on a hugely powerful board and one on a hugely weak one!

When he was considering the £1,000 I actually thought "He's not going to Deal this, surely?". When he did, I was so baffled, I was actually a bit annoyed, and as those blues started to go half of me wanted them to continue, and even for the Banker to start giving 200% of the mean offers in proveout just to rub in the fact how crazy the deal was. I almost wanted the £100,000 in his box at one point, but then when his wife started crying I changed my mind, I felt sorry for them after that and kinda wished that he'd taken out the £100k straight after dealing. If it had been in their box then it would have been one of my least favourite games of all time, but I'm glad at least he did technically beat the Banker by selling a blue for a red!

I hope this game not only convinces the other contestants to go on a bit more, but that they also have the luck of the boxes and win big because of it!

DoNDFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:57 pm    Author: DoNDFan    Post subject:

Painful! :(

That £1,000 offer was too low. It should've been between £3,000 and £7,000. That 1,000 was a "better than nothing" situation, so dealing wasn't a horrible decision. Still, the odds with 7 blues and 1 red, and to open 3...pushing on would've been a better financial decision. But for going with your gut, and winning a somewhat-enjoyable sum of money, £1,000 is fine the way it is!

Profile E-mail  

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:59 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I thought the New player was called Lynne! not Lorraine... just aswell I didn't start a fanclub for her then that would look bad!

Bad Luck Michael but enjoy the cash!

tr4962

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:24 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

I really didnt understand that deal, it wasn't a good offer, even after he considered it i was more than surprised he took it. its got to be the most cautious deal ever

maggieq

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:53 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject:

this game was like a damp squib.it never really got going.l was totally gobsmacked when he delt at 1000.what a waste of a game.

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:26 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Some interesting comments on this game - is this the first time we've seen H, KP and Greeny all criticise a deal? It has to be incredibly bad for that to happen! :-D

I think this one is different to most of the previous "bad" deals we've seen - they usually tend to be down to naturally very cautious players (Beryl, Sarah from June this year etc), targetists (too many to name) or just someone desperate to cut their losses and leave with something after a big board collapse (any number of final offer OPLs - Terri perhaps the best example?). Michael's deal just about falls into the latter category - but he had so little to lose and so much to possibly gain that it's hard to apply any logic to it, apart from the irrational belief that his luck was running so badly that he was certain to end up with pennies if he went on.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:08 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow..well that was a bit of a suprise....

Well done though Micheal, you still beat the Banker technically!

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:34 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

My god what a game. Wow. Anyway, welldone Michael on £1,000, the first sensible low deal we've seen in ages!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:22 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

Even selling the box at the end didn't save this game. Just watched it.
If I had seen this game and this was the first time i saw this show, I would never turn it on again.

I know he loves his wife, but leave the other halves in the audience please. He was all over her, i nearly had to reach for my tissues and a bowl!

I found this show very uncomfortable to watch on many levels, couldn't warm to the show at all.

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]