Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 pm Last visit was: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:58 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Noel introduced him to his 'friend' at the start of the show.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:09 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And I also just checked Savvas' game thread (remember he was donating his winnings to charity) - he took much riskier gambles with much higher sums than Bernie - and ended up with a blue - and Basic classed him as his hero and was full of praise for him for playing the game to the full and taking his loss with great spirit.

:) :-D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Duffer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:38 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

Blimey, some people didn't like Bernie because of his dancing and the fact he might have been acting up for the cameras?!?! How bizarre. Thank heavens Top of the Pops isn't on anymore then as I'm sure that would have incurred their wrath as well...

I thought he was an energetic, perfectly harmless old sort who had probably just overdosed on his Sanatogen. Finding fault with a happy and cheerful old man opening boxes on national television probably says more about them then it does about Bernie...

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:53 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
I don't like dumb or acting dumb people

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Does anyone like Blackadder?! Irony is a type of metal. ;)

Urm, yes, err... what was I going to say? Oh... something about Bernie... yes, he wasn't *that* bad... just a tad irritating, and as Kes said, he was indeed encouraged by Tidy Beard.

Profile E-mail  

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:07 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I agree with what H said earlier. Bernie was fine on the wings but was a bit irritating during his game.

The difference between Lisa's game and Bernie's was that Lisa took her knocks on the chin, kept smiling and said 'Oh Well'. Bernie was visibly upset and was moaning at the end about the fact that the money would have gone to charity. All I thought was 'if you're so upset why didnt you deal to make sure they got something - there's no point gambling, losing it all and then moaning about it'.

Savvas donated hid winnings to charity AFTER he gambled and lost. he made no mention of charity up until that point. And, like Lisa, took it on the chin and kept his sense of humour.

Bernie is not a bad person. I found him a bit irritating to watch. Didn't warm to him. Thats all.

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:40 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Bad luck Bernie, wish you could've won more. Hope the Bernie Wiggle passes into DOND legend!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:10 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

h2005 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Urm, yes, err... what was I going to say? Oh... something about Bernie... yes, he wasn't *that* bad... just a tad irritating, and as Kes said, he was indeed encouraged by Tidy Beard.

stop acting clever I like sitcoms , but players on deal or no deal are not sitcoms they are contestants and to act like you don't know anything is stupid and pointless. I still wonder about sibohan though if that dumbness was real or not?

Basic i'm like you I didn't warm to him really either the whole dancing thing didnt help but people like you and me arent allowed opinions or we get flamed, we have to like EVERYONE by default. :lol:

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:23 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Well to be fair the dictionary thing was a bit encouraged and overdone by Noel and the banker. She might have been a bit ditsy but not as much as some contestants who have come across as reasonable on the wings then acted ditzy in their games.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:24 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Yer true shes not the only one but end of the day despite Noel and the banker playing on it, its NOT funny or entertaining at all and just makes the contestant look stupid imo.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:28 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Yeah, sort of agree. I don't like too much gimmicks/silliness. There's a fine line between being entertaining and being stupid.

Being entertaining can be done through natural personality/jokes etc.

(the siobhan dictionary thing only bothered me a little bit, not so much as other games).

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:29 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
h2005 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

stop acting clever I like sitcoms , but players on deal or no deal are not sitcoms they are contestants and to act like you don't know anything is stupid and pointless. I still wonder about sibohan though if that dumbness was real or not?

Basic i'm like you I didn't warm to him really either the whole dancing thing didnt help but people like you and me arent allowed opinions or we get flamed, we have to like EVERYONE by default. :lol:

I don't wish to turn this today's show thread into yet another battle of "Not allowed to express opinions or not" debate....

BUT in reply to your above comment, of course you are allowed to have and express your own opinion about anything, if you wasn't, do you think your posts would still be here :?

The thing you will have to expect and accept though with expressing your opinion is that you will probably receive someone elses opinion of your post, just as you have expressed your opinion of someone else...

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:59 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Yer fair enough Kes as long as no one INSULTS me over my opinion then its all good.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:16 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
Yer fair enough Kes as long as no one INSULTS me over my opinion then its all good.

It all depends on if you insult other people by your opinion.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:58 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

The only person ive had any kind of insult slanging match with is Redrumm for some reason he has a problem with me lol.

chapmanbaxter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Author: chapmanbaxter    Post subject:

I thought he was great on the wings.

In his game he was utterly contemptible. Charmless, rude, greedy, arrogant and without grace.

The way he blabbed on about his autobiography at the start (must make sure I give that a miss).

The way he acted so superior that he refused to even grant Noel eye-contact for much of their conversation.

The way he arrogantly and dismissively ordered each contestant during the sweep.

The utter greed he displayed whenever a large red was revealed.

The dismissive, arrogant way he responded to Mikey's words of consolation.

That manipulative preening nonsense at the end about charity.

I am delighted he mucked up.

alex1333

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: alex1333    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

It all depends on if you insult other people by your opinion.

its not like you know that person

if sr wilson wants to say something about someone else im sure its ok as long as it doesnt go against the rules such as swearing endlessly or wishing them dead etc cos that aint right

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:54 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
Savvas donated hid winnings to charity AFTER he gambled and lost. he made no mention of charity up until that point. And, like Lisa, took it on the chin and kept his sense of humour.

Yes OK, sorry about that - I didn't realise that Savvas only said that about the charity once he was left with an all-blue last pair - I think if he'd won a sizeable sum it would have been a certain percentage of it to charity. Just watched the last 10 mins of his game again and he was perfectly Ok with it too, he did take it a bit better than Bernie. :)

I still liked Bernie though!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

redrum666

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:36 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

SrWilson wrote:
The only person ive had any kind of insult slanging match with is Redrumm for some reason he has a problem with me lol.

Could you at least try to spell my name right if you're going to use it?

Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

redrum666 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Could you at least try to spell my name right if you're going to use it?

Thank you.

You're not worth the effort to spell right lol.

Ah you gotta have a nemesis on the forum :D.

Anon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:58 pm    Author: Anon    Post subject:

DELETE

Last edited by Anon on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]