Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:56 am Last visit was: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:56 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Blimey, poor guy - he had a bad game, and not only that, he gets loads of stick on here for dancing around a bit - I get the feeling I was the only one who liked him! It was harmless enough, and he wanted the money for a good cause, so I can't see the problem. I thought Derek was a legend too, and I seem to be in the vast minority there as well....but at least nobody could pick holes in his gameplay for once. :)

I did think he was going to get 15k though for the OPW - it was a year to the day since Rhona also from W2 played with Box 4, so I thought histroy was going to repeat itself, but sadly not. At least it wasn't £1.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:28 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Crikey, poor Bernie. A decent guy who deserved more than £50.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:31 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Poor guy - wish he won more, he so deserved it.

Then again, it could have been a lot worse

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:55 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

What a great contestant! Really funny and entertaining, I really had bad feelings about his game though as unlike a lot of games lately it just went so slowly, which is usually a bad sign that they won't do well. Really horrible that he had two blues and two OPW-making reds at his final four, only to take the both the reds out in turn. Well done though Bernie, it's a shame you didn't win more but it was a great entertaining game!

I didn't notice the two newbies at all, I noticed Maria but not Chris. This was the first show recorded of a brand new week, you can tell because Phyliss's voice is sounding healthy again. What *did* happen to CJ?

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Billy wrote:
I didn't notice the two newbies at all, I noticed Maria but not Chris.

I noticed Chris but not Maria... still as Power5 mentioned, the two previous Marias have won £75k and £100k respectively... so this one should do well!

I have to say I liked Bernie on the wings... but did find him slightly irritating in his game. It wasn't the dancing that did it for me in particular, I just didn't warm to him like I do with most players. :( Still, it was a bad game he had and it was a shame he only won £50... better than £1 I suppose.

Last edited by h2005 on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:44 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Wow, some of you here are miserable gits aren't you!!! :shock: ;)

Was I watching a different show? Although I must admit, I do miss some of the atmosphere due to typing away for most of the show! But I didn't find Bernie as bad as some of you are making out!!

He seemed a happy go lucky type of chap, who was just enjoying the game with his friends on the wings... If anything it was Noel who was making all the noise and encouraging everyone to "Do the Bernie"!!!!

Profile E-mail  

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:49 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Thankyou basic someone else agrees was irritating :-D .

It was bad luck the way his game went but the dancing was annoying and as great as Noel is he should not have encouraged it.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:53 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
Wow, some of you here are miserable gits aren't you!!! :shock: ;)

Was I watching a different show? Although I must admit, I do miss some of the atmosphere due to typing away for most of the show! But I didn't find Bernie as bad as some of you are making out!!

He seemed a happy go lucky type of chap, who was just enjoying the game with his friends on the wings... If anything it was Noel who was making all the noise and encouraging everyone to "Do the Bernie"!!!!

I think a few people here just want to see contestants who say nothing except "No Deal"! :-D

Bernie was an entertaining contestant who deserved to do well, but unfortunately the boxes just weren't on his side. Perhaps he might regret not taking the five-box offer if he really wanted something for his charity, but the big money was never in that game and most people would have played it the same way.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:56 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Been entertaining is one thing dancing around like a total idiot like some young teen rebel or acting dumb like sibohan did etc is NOT ENTERTAINING or FUNNY it makes THEM LOOK STUPID and sorta embaressing.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:00 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
Been entertaining is one thing dancing around like a total idiot like some young teen rebel or acting dumb like sibohan did etc is NOT ENTERTAINING or FUNNY it makes THEM LOOK STUPID and sorta embaressing.

You don't like anything, do you?

Anyway, I quite liked Bernie. Horrible game, though.

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:34 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Another thing that left me with a slightly bad taste in my mouth was the fact that he was jigging, happy and all smiles when things were going well but when it all went wrong turned into a complete misery. Didn't take his bad luck all well.

And if he was so keen to donate to diabetes he really shouldn't have gambled. It was bordering on irresponsible.

My attitude to the game would differ greatly if I was playing for somebody else or a charity. I would be much more likely to deal to ensure they got something, whereas I don't care if I go home with a blue.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I don't like dumb or acting dumb people I do not know with sibhoan though if she really was that dense or acting or people who act really foolish for the cameras.

Bernie wasn't bad really and Noel urged it more today but I mean people like Jim R acting like a total IDIOT and people think its entertaining its NOT act your age you can be fun and entertaining without been a total clot to be fair though those student muppets in the audience didn't help lol.

Surely someone sees where i'm coming from?

Basic I saw his stiff upper lip when the 250K went LOL!! Dance to that.

He wasn't a bad bloke and his heart was in right place he just shouldn't have over acted like he did.

I'm glad basic shares some my sentiments he's my only friend on this forum. lol

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:41 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
And if he was so keen to donate to diabetes he really shouldn't have gambled. It was bordering on irresponsible.

I agree with you there. I think he was playing a target based game, but never reached the target.

I didn't really warm to Bernie that much. There was nothing wrong with him, I just felt quite indifferent towards him and the game. The dancing was funny the first time, but after every blue it just got a little wearing.

Muinimula

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:41 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:

And yet you were in full support of Lisa when she said no deal to £15k, when she'd said her winnings were going towards building an orphanage. Admittedly that was at 2-box rather than earlier in the game, but she still turned down more than Bernie was offered at any point, and ended up winning the lower box amount. Of course I admired Lisa for going for the big money, but it's a bit odd for you to chastise Bernie for doing the same thing.

I don't have an opinion on today's show, by the way, as I didn't see it. Bernie's dancing may have been annoying, or maybe not. I can't imagine his dancing being annoying enough to "not even deserve £50". Having said that, Ioanna did nothing to endear me to her, but everybody seemed to love her game.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:43 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
This dancing is annoying just play the game for frig sake lol

I cannot stop looking at his wifes shiner head lol

People don't like these comments. Why are you amused by this so much, and apparently she was a friend.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:44 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

i missed the whole ep too as i work in the evening so can't really comment on how annoying he was overall.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Sun May 04, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

OK, this game's weird. You're getting basicasic advocating caution under certain circumstances (and I'll say this - Lisa's gamble was far less justifiable than any Bernie made, I might have gone to the end today whereas I'd have taken Lisa's £15k almost in a flash), you've got some people who hate the player and others thinking where that perception came from, you got the first AMO rejection (albeit at an irrelevant bit) in a long time, and you have two newbies leaving a whole confusing story.

Wow.

redrum666 wrote:
The only memorable thing about your game would probably be the way in which you declined overly generous offers to win sod all.

Always assuming he had a blue...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:54 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I think, yes, this forum is to discuss various aspects of the show. I.E. What uou would have done.

But remember.

You Dealers/ No dealers were not in the chair therefore it isn't your decision what the player does, and a few people need to except that. It is a game of chance, you cant say box 1 is more likely to contain 50p rather than 10p therefore the game can go either way. If you were in the chair, then yes, you could say what you wished you would have done.

Just remember its not your decision what people do so there is no point on moaning about it because all it does is bring everyone else down too who actually enjoyed the games.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:55 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
This dancing is annoying just play the game for frig sake lol

I cannot stop looking at his wifes shiner head lol

People don't like these comments. Why are you amused by this so much, and apparently she was a friend.

I didnt mean nothing bad by it just wondered if she had a condition or something.

was it his friend? I thought she was his wife.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I usually enjoy the games and I only actually get frustrated when a player deals a poor offer on a great board. I don't know, maybe Basicasic just didliked bernie's personality?

Some people on here are too cynical about the games.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]