Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:11 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
KP wrote:
When was the last time we had an OPW from a Deal that big?

Theresa's game.

I think she'd have been happy with £45,000 regardless of what was in her box. If she did have £250,000, then yes, she'd probably be disappointed but I'm sure she'd get over it pretty quickly. Plus she wouldn't have lost £205,000, she was never offered £250,000, she just wouldn't have got an extra£205,000...

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:12 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Well. Good game, £45,000 was a tad too low [how often do you hear me say that lol], it was obvious she'd have swapped for the other box and won £50,000....but she didnt and £45k is safe. Phew. Welldone Danielle on £45,000 :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:16 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Danielle! :D

This has been of the best. A fantastic game and I enjoyed watching today's show.

Enjoy £45,000 Danielle.
Very Well Done! :D

basicasic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:44 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

TBH I'm a bit disappointed with the deal. Not so much with the amount or the fact that the board was still strong and had the £250K still up there but with her interfering mother who sat up in the audience like the harbinger of doom influencing the game her daughter was playing.

It was obvious at the £45K offer Danielle wanted to go on and it was only pressure from her mother that forced her into a deal. So she didn't play her own game. Her mother might as well as sat in the chair and played it. Why bother going on the show if someone else is going to tell you what to do/

Thats why relatives and friends should be banished outside or told to shut up.

Craig

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

God Basicasic, she dealt! Her mother didnt answer the question for her, danielle said no Deal by herself!
If i remember correctly her mum told her to deal a few offers before that but she still went on!

Anyways, well done Danielle on a great victory!

Billy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Mark wrote:
I don't know how she can happy that it was her game today instread of yesterday as she had the big one yesterday.

Yes, I'm sure she's gutted about that.

In all seriousness, what a game, Show of the Month potential already!! Maybe I'm just biased to shows involving attractive females dealing for thousands, subsequently destroying the board and having £1 in their box, but I thought it rocked. Her huge excitement about the £10,000 second offer made me think she was going to be an early dealer, and was totally convinced she'd take that £26k so was a big surprise when she didn't. To Deal at £45,000 was absolute perfection, it was incredibly scary at the final four as if the pound had gone then Noel would have had a spazgasm, but luckily not only was that impossible but she took out the top two, guaranteeing an awesome player win! Really well done on that £45,000, Danielle, the last August joiner left and I'm really gonna miss her on the wings...let's make it three player wins in a row tomorrow!

Lucky me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:16 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

:D Well done babe, cracking game and you looked gorgeous :D Brenda.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:21 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

That's what I call a feel-good game, good play by both sides and a huge score as well from Danielle!

Boxes: 14 ( 0.10 0.50 1 5 100 500 1,000 3,000 10,000 15,000 20,000 50,000 75,000 250,000 )
Offer: 10,000 ( 33% )
Average: 30,329
Balance: 230 to 60,429
2-box average: 30% of time above current, 52% of time above offer.

The first proper attempt by the banker to buy the box, and it's apparent that Danielle has never had this kind of money. Though an easy no deal, perhaps telling of a later deal.

Boxes: 11 ( 1 5 100 500 1,000 3,000 10,000 15,000 50,000 75,000 250,000 )
Offer: 20,000 ( 54% )
Average: 36,782
Balance: 565 to 73,000
2-box average: 35% of time above current, 49% of time above offer.

A good offer, with a strong board. The five large amounts and the confidence from everyone around her give her the strength to turn this down.

Boxes: 8 ( 1 5 100 3,000 15,000 50,000 75,000 250,000 )
Offer: 26,000 ( 53% )
Average: 49,138
Balance: 777 to 97,500
2-box average: 28% of time above current, 52% of time above offer.

The old £26,000 figure has claimed many deals in the past, and on balance, is a reasonable amount to deal.

Danielle having not had this kind of money before, may have proved the strength to continue. Being unpredictable is a character asset in this game.

Boxes: 5 ( 1 3,000 50,000 75,000 250,000 )
Offer: 45,000 ( 60% )
Average: 75,600
Balance: 11,200 to 140,000
2-box average: 36% of time above current, 45% of time above offer.

An 18% chance of keeping the top 3 comes into play. Noel was very canny saying the offer was £36,000, clearly made to make Danielle think. 8)

The balance figures above, are remarkably strong. Anyone who has a penchant for risk, could go all the way here.

For Danielle, this is the best time to deal, having extracted a great amount from the board, and from the banker. Noel playing devil's advocate, couldn't hide his satisfaction with Danielle dealing.

The 2-box offer of £12,000, was made to punish anyone who would have no-dealt in the same scenario.

And well done Danielle, for playing a great game. Enjoy the money. :D

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:31 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

FANTASTIC GAME, well done Danielle. Banker well Spanked!

drivercurran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:20 pm    Author: drivercurran    Post subject:

A wonderful for someone who appears to be a wonderful young lady. Hope this win makes the music business dream come true for you Danielle.

Paul

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:37 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
...Maybe I'm just biased to shows involving attractive females dealing for thousands, subsequently destroying the board and having £1 in their box...

I think I'm the same... :oops:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:41 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Today's game that I missed

But I'm releived that Danielle dealt when there was no more offers higher than £45,000

Enjoy the money ;)

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I absolutely *beep* adored Danielle and that she was smokin' hot. Thought I'd better say it. :D

When I saw she had Box 6 and having had the £250k yesterday I was full of dread, and even when 1p went I thought "Oh she's got 10p...or £1!!" And even though I thought the deal was a few thousand light of what it should have been and was seriously worried that we'd have had Donna/Kelsie Part 3 after she dealt, that was PERFECTION. I'm not convinced she would have gone on without her mum there either, given her concerns about asking Ed for the odds and all that - the 10% chance was clearly worrying her and it would have done to me as well with a seriously life-changing sum on the table. I think her mum kept her on the ground, and I'm really pleased she did!

All the best games with Box 6 have come (with the exception of laura and Maria who swapped it away!) when it's contained its usual low blue and it's been sold for a huge sum - either by a funny guy like Vic or mad Paul, or someone gorgeous like Danielle, Kascey or Charlie - I'm sure there are more!! :)

And not only is W6 my favourite position (and has been for quite a long time!) - this year it's been one of the luckiest - since Dennis, the lowest win was Nigel's £13k, and everyone else has won at least £26k, including Rodney's £85k and Daniel £75k! W6 RULEZ!!

They'd better put either another legend or gorgeous girl there tomorrow. ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:59 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And if her mum HAD been that over-influencing, surely she'd have dealt the 26k or even the 20k?

And also Wednesday has been the day to play in Season 3 - every game has been an OPW with the exception of Stevie who sold his £100k box for £10,001, and Stephen who neverthless was the biggest winner of the week!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

What a game... I was wondering if she'd deal the third offer when she spoke about what would happen if she took out the top 3. So I was expecting her to deal the fourth offer, especially with her mum's eyes watching from the audience. I was surprised when she no dealt and pleased that she had a good round... well done Danielle on dealing at the right time and enjoy the money!

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:26 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That game was awesome!!!!!!!!

Danielle, extremely hot and extremely lovely..deserved every penny! Well done!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:03 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

congrats with 1000 posts crazyeddie! :D

That was a great game today!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:21 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Yer was a good game although I think she deserved a better offer than the 45K personally I felt it was not enough. Shoud have been 60K+!!

I knew she'd take it though due to Mums involvement when she said DEAL to her in a adament tone I just thought GRR STFU for god sake let her make her own mind up.

I tell ya if anyone interfered in my game or tried to tell me what to do id tell em where to get off lol.

I thought when she dealt she would either have 250K or £1 and I was right and i'm glad for her it was the latter.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Last edited by SrWilson on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

What a great game! I was quite surprised when Danielle turned down £26k, after her reaction to the £10k offer. I think I'd have taken £45k, it's just too much to lose in my book.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:46 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I'm curious where is Danielle from did they say? I missed the beginning?

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

[ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]