Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:19 pm Last visit was: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:19 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
James1978 wrote:
And the proveout postcard was certainly funny - maybe they thought an offer would be pretty irrelevant on a 1k/3k last pair, but then again Bianca dealt 2k!

Well done Tom! :)

Bianca was quite upset about the whole thing though... I think the banker would probably have offered £2,000 in such a case even nowadays in the era of gimmicks and comedy offers etc. as he was being nice to Bianca...

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:28 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Renee got offered 2K as well and that was in the *beep offers* period. It's a pretty safe bet 2K would have been offered.

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I think today’s game and its result can be grouped into three categories – the effect of entertainment, the effect on the show and the effect on the statistics.

From the former’s point of view, it was excellent as it provided something different that the show probably needs to prevent it from losing viewers by going stale… and the fact that Tom was offered a unique offer that was actually his actual dream was fantastic entertainment, undoubtedly.

From the effect on the show point of view – I really hope it doesn’t happen too often as it should be something that is done once every month at the very most… yet it’s happened twice in two weeks…

Providing it is used sparingly I think it undoubtedly makes for entertaining viewing. Perhaps they could incorporate it on Saturday shows as it would provide something extra to boost viewing figures. I thought that Tom was right to deal when he did, it could have gone horribly wrong then he would really have been kicking himself! I would have been tempted with a similar offer if it had been the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team! :)

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I liked the game. I liked Tom.

[Simple really..]

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:46 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Tom22 wrote:
Tom playing on the 22nd with Box 22 :o :shock: It's me!

Haha, i immediately thought of you when i saw he had Box 22.

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:34 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

h2005 wrote:

The banker would've offered a punctured basketball and £20,000.

No he wouldn't have H. He would have offered £20,000. Thats all he said to Noel

And a few more thingsL:

1. H, you're crap at commentaries, get Kes back on the job.
2. Blatant lying throughout the game, and just one thing: How the hell is a postcard worth £1,000?
3. Not welldone Tom on what is evidently £0!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:37 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
This is STUPID ITS NOT A HOLIDAY SHOW its supposed to be about MONEY.

ITA.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum...have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
This is STUPID ITS NOT A HOLIDAY SHOW its supposed to be about MONEY.

ITA.

Oh dear, a bad day at school? ;)

daniel123 wrote:
h2005 wrote:

That's what was said, so that's what I typed. ;)

daniel123 wrote:
And a few more thingsL:

Yes, must be a bad day at school!! :lol: ;)

daniel123 wrote:
2. Blatant lying throughout the game, and just one thing: How the hell is a postcard worth £1,000?

Maybe you forgot your dinner money.

daniel123 wrote:
3. Not welldone Tom on what is evidently

Ooh er, looks like a lunchtime detention.

daniel123 wrote:
£0!

Nope, must be after-school.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway Daniel... it's a shame you thought I was crap at the commentary... I thought I was *beep* *beep* at them, personally. :lol: You'll be pleased to know our feathered friend will be back today... ready to whoop your ass. :P It's just that I'll whoop it first!! :P :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:33 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

H, your recaps are top-notch. Like I said before, leave the giving away of trips and other prizes to shows like The Price is Right. It's bad enough that the US verison has all those gimmicky offers. Let's not turn this into an international thing. However, if the banker is going to make this kind of offer, the value of it must be provided to the contestant. In addition, offers like this one should contain some cash attached to them. The US dream packages almost always do, and they always give the total value of the offer as well.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:44 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

I know H has already replied to this but I thought I would as well...

daniel123 wrote:
h2005 wrote:

The banker said £20,000 and a punctured basketball. I heard it. If you still don't believe it, watch the last 10 minutes.

And a few more thingsL:

Personally I don't think H's commentaries are much different to Kestral's. I've done a commentary and it's quite hard to keep up with the show while writing down information. Maybe you should try.

It's not worth £1,000. It was done for comedy. You know, humour? Fun?

3. Not welldone Tom on what is evidently £0!

Might not be worth that much to you but it clearly is to Tom, plus I can't really see how flights to New Orleans, accommodation, tickets etc. can be worth absolutely nothing. If you know how to go down to a travel agents and get a free holiday, please tell me. I'd love to know!

One last thing: What did you get that detention for?

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:53 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Daniel, you seem to be a bit rude lately. Lay off a bit.

Also a Eurovision enthusiast and fellow member of #teambat.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

ITA - if anything I thought H's commentaries were bril, esp with the colour coding. The only thing literally missing was the players opening each box but as Lewis said, it's hard to keep up. Even Tom sometimes posts before Kestral with the stats of the round.

I would suggest Dan try doing a commentary but going by some of the things he's said in recent game threads, it'd be Bother's Bar from last September all over again!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:45 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

I would say something about Dan but i'd probably get banned for it...

Your commentaries are great H!!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]