Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:35 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
alex1333 wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
am fervently hoping we never see a game quite like that again - even though it is the sort of game i LOVE.
Welldone Siobhan on a fiver! :)

What?! :shock: :shock: :? :?

i think the extreme crapness of it makes it entertaining somehow seeing records broken etc

its like daniels game but the total opposite... still entertaining to watch despite absolutely gutting seeing someone lovely like sibhon playing a horrible game.

it coems of the idea of 9 blues left and no reds at all,, it would be so entertaining to see the reactions of everyone... but its horrible at the sametime

The same way after she had taken out 3/4 reds to start with I almost wanted an all red round . :?
True If we could have had an all blue squashdown then a £750 win at the end of it it would have been one of the best rubbish games ever and I was shouting DON'T SWAP! I was pretty torn on what to think - but if you're going to have a trianwreck make it totally disastrous but this was ugh.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

james-birmingham

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:36 pm    Author: james-birmingham    Post subject:

I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT 2 SAY :cry:

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I'm still not feeling better but I thought I'd post anyway.

What do you say? What do you say when you see a game like that? We got several games last week which were even more unlucky than the last, and today...I think seriously that the show's peaked in unluckiness there. I don't think we will ever, ever have a game as unlucky as that again - the only way it could be worse is if we somehow have someone take out all 11 reds and then progressively work their way down the blues, but I really doubt we'll see that in our lifetime.

Just...just gutted. Absolutely gutted, I feel awful and numb. An amazing, hilarious, stunning contestant who should have had an incredible game had...the wrong kind of incredible game instead. Credit to her for taking it so well when others would have broken down, and she'll always remain one of my favourite contestants ever, but...geez.

One thing I can say is that so far that's my Show of the Month for September, sadly the memorable games aren't always the big wins. Surely, surely. surely there is no way we will have a game like that tomorrow!

Adam L

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:27 pm    Author: Adam L    Post subject:

Location: Probably looking at nice messages by that special someone, do not disturb!!!
This'll take me a whule to get over.... :cry: :cry: :cry: Siobhan you really didnt deserve that :cry: :cry:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Given the last few games Billy, I wouldn't rule out a Banker's Power Five finish, God forbid!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:31 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:
Given the last few games Billy, I wouldn't rule out a Banker's Power Five finish, God forbid!

I'm pretty torn on that, I'd ideally like to see that in proveout but if a player is going to have a trainwreck, perhaps do it in style. :?

The same way part of me wanted an all blue squashdown today. :?

Still at least it was so awful as to have the accolade of possibly the worst game ever with the lowest offer peak.

Lucky me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:56 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

:( Oh that was so terrible, there is nothing we can say, and who is this Sir Wilson, who is he! methinks Victor Meldrew is alive and well. Brenda.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

That's got to be one of the unluckiest games ever. Siobhan was smiling to the end, though.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:04 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

alex1333 wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
alex1333 wrote:
ooooh i like red openings... not cos i dont like the player its just because weve had so little amount of them!

this is the 7th by my reckoning!

really? how many all blues then?

I've done a list in the stats section.

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:22 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well, I thought we'd seen it all with unlucky games recently, and having recently given Robin the title of worst game ever (with a few other recent ones not far behind), this surely takes it by a distance - all the way from round 1 to the swap at the end!

A bit like the reverse of Daniel's game really - surely the first ever all-red part 1, and the only other game I remember having 9 blues left at 11 box was Scottish John from last summer, and at least he had one of the power 5 I think! And just think, if the Banker had offered £25 at the start, we would have had a £500 peak game which would surely never have been beaten!

Well done Siobhan for taking it so well, there was just nothing she or the Banker could have done to change the outcome there, apart from choosing different boxes. Let's hope we see an end to those disastrous games now, it's not been a good month so far after the highs of July and August.

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:32 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

It seems to be an unwritten rule that all of the recent contestants who have joined us and been fab on here have an absolute nightmare of a game. First Vicky, then James, then Pete and now Siobhan. I'm beginning to get seriously worried for Brenda... :?

Anyhow, Siobhan was completely awesome even if her game wasn't. Bah, I might even boycott tomorrow's show in protest... She joins Emi and Leila in my Top 3 contestants of all time. Hilarious and lovely in equal measure - at least she'll be able to buy a packet of wedding invitations with her fiver...

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:06 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

is that the unluckiest game ever dond statitions?

all reds higher than 15k by 3rd round :shock: or all reds except 15k n 1k

ont siobhan have a flurry of red boxes b4 her game...AWFUL

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:13 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow, i really do not know what to say after seeing that....

Poor Siobhan, she was lovely..a great contestant who really didnt deserve all that bad luck. But she took the game with good spirit which was great to see..just like Pete.

There was one good thing about that game though...finally another Tom joined!!!

NathP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:25 pm    Author: NathP    Post subject:

Was a painfull and unlucky game to watch to such a nice person, she deserved more :(

There's not many players that would simlie until the end with a board like that.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Power5 - not only a £500 peak offer, but not swapping would have meant an OPW if there'd been a £25 opener...!

Wouldn't that have been ridiculous?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

A £750 no-deal-to-the-end OPW, now that would be something to see! Maybe it will happen one day...

What's the lowest OPW from opening the box? Edit: Answered my own question, there have been two £5,000 box OPWs, Jenna (Jan 06) and Emma B (May 06).

Stephen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:17 pm    Author: Stephen    Post subject:

What a cruel game it can be,unlucky Siobhan but you seem such a genuine person there must be something good just around the corner for you and the way your game went it proves it is definitely not fixed .
Keep your chin up Girl. Stephen from the west wing. :-D

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Well I for one absolutely LOVED Siobhan. I was absolutely gutted for her on one hand, but on the other, that probably overtakes £1 Mike, Ken's and Emi's games as the best comedy trainwreck there's been! If you're going to win a blue, do it in style - unlike games like Robin's or Pete's where was still a chance of a 5-figure win until quite late on, Siobhan was absolutely nowhere close to getting an attractive offer, and so at least can sleep easy about not losing any possible life-enchancing money. I'd like to think if I did that, I could laugh my way through it - if I no-dealt over 20k and won a blue like some people have, I'd have long-term nightmares about it! And I also think that if the game had been really tense, we may not have seen her full personality shine through (again, relevant to people like Emi and Ken)!

And the only thing I was disappointed about was I REALLY wanted her to win £750 at the end and here's why:

It was the most money in the game except the opening offer.

She'd my fave women from E10, and wanted her to match Ken, my favourite male from E10.

She beat Ken's record for lowest amount possible in a game.

She had the same last pair AND offer as Ken.

Both games had me in stitches!

Which one I want in my dream line-up is really difficult - how do you compare a 21-year old girl with an 80-odd year old man? :)

She only won a fiver but she won loads of fans!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dave Show 56

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:12 pm    Author: Dave Show 56    Post subject:

I felt really gutted watching this game today. Siobhan came across as a fun and lovable gal and deserved so much more.

Unfortunately, the game was one of those that was doomed from the beginning. There was no silly no-deals or anything like that, just unfortunate box-opening.

Siobhan is one of the most lovable and memorable contestants ever to grace the DOND wings and she will be missed.

Having spoken to her through screwthebanker.com, she will no doubt be upset at the outcome but is young enough to take it on the chin and move one.

One of the most gutting games i have ever had the pleasure to watch

:(

Visit My Myspace

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.......10! Ha!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:14 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Just like Lucy did *sighs*

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]