Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:58 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:58 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:34 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
What a game...

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:37 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject:

:) totally gutted with result of Robins game.such a nice chap,he deserved much more.
never mind you played the game Robin.good things will happen for you!

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:39 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

daniel123 wrote:
Well. I reckon he got what he deserved...simply for advising Stephen to deal that frankly crap offer of £20k.

Why on earth does someone deserve to win a small amount of money for advising a friend to deal at an amount that could make a difference to their life? Is that what you're going to be like if you were on the show? Telling everyone to turn down life changing amounts simply because you want to see everyone go on to the end regardless? :?

I'm actually beginning to worry about your understanding of money. Dismissing £12k as "so little amount of money", £20k as "frankly crap" and £14k as "bloody pathetic". If we couldn't actually see the amounts involved, I'd actually think you were talking about a fiver. :shock:
---------------------

Bad luck on your game Robin, but well done on taking it so well, and getting an exclusive amount.

Danielj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:42 pm    Author: Danielj    Post subject:

james-birmingham wrote:
no1 deserves to go home with a small amount Danielj and why you would smile about something like that is beyond me ??

robin was a great contestant and a wonderful man who after my game asked if he and his wife could help me out in anyway, he asked if i didnt mind then he could have a sort out of things to help my sister out so i think its awful to say someone deserves that, when in my opinion nobody who sits in the crazy chair deserves to win only a small amount.

Of course it would have been great if he won a nice amount of money JAMES but just shows the ones that give advice and talk on alot dont do very well or boringley avarage.

Redrum666 wrote:
Quote:
What? That is a really, really sad comment to make. In what way does anyone deserve that kind of bad luck?

I think your twisitng it now to make me look bad... Your telling me you didnt find it at all funny when all the large amounts went :? god my mate never watches it but understands it though, even he thought it was funny...

God eveyone cant be lucky all the time.......DEAL WITH IT! :roll:

GRASSIASS

Danielj :-D

steviek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:45 pm    Author: steviek    Post subject: Gutting

Totally gutted for Robin my favourtite Des lynam lookalike.

A great great guy, it's such a shame the people who put there heart into the experience seem to come home with a small amount and the less liked players win a fortune. Funny old game.

Stevie

redrum666

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:53 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Danielj/Markj/Whoever you are wrote:
james-birmingham wrote:
no1 deserves to go home with a small amount Danielj and why you would smile about something like that is beyond me ??

robin was a great contestant and a wonderful man who after my game asked if he and his wife could help me out in anyway, he asked if i didnt mind then he could have a sort out of things to help my sister out so i think its awful to say someone deserves that, when in my opinion nobody who sits in the crazy chair deserves to win only a small amount.

Of course it would have been great if he won a nice amount of money JAMES but just shows the ones that give advice and talk on alot dont do very well or boringley avarage.

Redrum666 wrote:
Quote:
What? That is a really, really sad comment to make. In what way does anyone deserve that kind of bad luck?

I think your twisitng it now to make me look bad... Your telling me you didnt find it at all funny when all the large amounts went :? god my mate never watches it but understands it though, even he thought it was funny...

GRASSIASS

Don't be such a fecking eejit please Daniel/Mark. I didn't find it funny when all of the large amounts went at all. I don't tend to find watching people's hopes and dreams get dashed on TV. Do you enjoy watching children in poverty by any chance? If you find it funny then you are a sad individual with nothing better to do than laugh at someone's misfortune. Oh, and I didn't make you sound bad, you managed that miraculous feat by yourself.

Last edited by redrum666 on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

redrum666 wrote:
Danielj wrote:
james-birmingham wrote:

Redrum666 wrote:
Quote:

GRASSIASS

Don't be such a fecking eejit please Daniel/Mark. I didn't find it funny when all of the large amounts went at all. I don't tend to find watching people's hopes and dreams get dashed on TV. Do you enjoy watching children in poverty by any chance? If you find it funny then you are a sad individual with nothing better to do than laugh at someone's misfortune. Oh, and I didn't make you sound bad, you managed that miraculous feat by yourself.

Yes exactly, there's been very few players i strongly dislike and i do enjoy watching GOOD games. I can't see why people hate robin so much just for giving slightly over conservative advice to Stephen to deal for a good amount yesterday. Stephen was happy anyway even if most of disagreed with the deal. Doesn't mean he deserved a bad game.

Danielj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:01 pm    Author: Danielj    Post subject:

Redbum666
I think that comment
Quote:
Do you enjoy watching children in poverty by any chance?
sounds more PATHETIC then anything ive said..

It was only my opinion on a game show youve just took it one step furutur though!

:twisted: :twisted:

redrum666

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:03 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Danielj/Markj wrote:
I think that comment
Quote:
Do you enjoy watching children in poverty by any chance?
sounds more PATHETIC then anything ive said..

It was only my opinion on a game show youve just took it one step furuthur though!

:twisted: :twisted:

Well I'm sorry but when you say that it's funny watching someone miss out on something and saying that they deserve it when they clearly don't gives that impression I'm afraid. You're almost as bad as Wakey in that sense.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

The way some of you are going on about Robin, someone could be forgiven for thinking he made Stephen deal at a second offer of £1,000 or something! :?

Last edited by h2005 on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

While Robin's suggestion of a Deal at twenty grand was either over-personalised or just a plain misreading of the board, that was ugly. Even Beryl would have won a blue today.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Robin was a great contestant - he was obviously well liked and respected by the others so it's such a shame that he had such an awful game. Still, at least it gave the opportunity for joke offers and a comedy deal for £39 - as Noel rightly said I think many players will remember the Robin "steps" theory (not the music group) for a long time to come!

It was good he did a high show count despite this battle of the sexes distorting the show counts of the males and females at the moment - well done Robin for being a great contestant on the wings and providing a memorable game (although for the wrong reasons in most respects! :(). Still, at least the stiff-upper-lipped (and hairy, as Noel said :lol: ) driving instructor can't look in the mirror and have any regrets about no dealing any huge sums of money. ;)

Enjoy the £39, Robin! :P :lol:

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:15 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Why do bad boxes happen to good players? :(

Okay, they happen to bad (or rather, less likeable) players too, but maybe we don't care about those games so much.

Hope the ladies can turn it around next week!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Well don't count your chickens yet, mate - Pete still has to round the lads off this afternoon! And we need a big win to raise the average per game!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:12 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Sorely tempted to say that I count 1 male chicken (I won't use the exact word here in the interests of good taste)... plus 21 hens.

But that would be sexist, wouldn't it!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:18 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Pure legend material! You make me laugh so much, I'll need a change of underwear if you don't stop! :lol:

Just think...on Sunday's show it'll be even better - twenty-two of them!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:24 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Davey - the weekend show is actually Saturday night, 7.30pm.

I'd forgotten that, of course, on tomorrow's game, this afternoon's mystery contestant will be replaced by an exact female equivalent (pleeease?).

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:43 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Lol! So it is Saturday! :lol:

As for the female comment, you never know, ay Rich?! ;)

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]