Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:21 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:21 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:29 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

Warnings: 0
TOM22 wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
His instincts said deal to £4,400? Strange instincts!

Now watch Noel say he beat the banker. That was a TBW!

He sold his box for more than it was worth therefore he beat the banker, but there's no difinitive rules it's all down to how you judge it I suppose...

It was a banker win technically; it comes from the idea that you haven't beat the banker if you deal 2p and have 1p in the box when you could have had much more. Same principle really.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:37 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I watched DOND for the first time in ages!!! Well I watched about 10 minutes of it, including the bit where he dealt...I couldn't believe that, for once even I would have turned down £20k. :o I missed the end but I'd have taken £44,400 and £4,400 is just the absolute worst offer EVER. Is the Banker in one of his *beep* periods again or something?

Oh and the fact that there are 4598748942982498 women on the wings is intensely annoying and makes me very glad I'm not watching anymore. (As does the fact that it looks like wakey's back...)

Edit: Hang on, Stephen speaks French, German, Spanish and Italian? That officially makes him the best person in the world. Awww I wish I'd seen the start as well now...

Last edited by daniel4389 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I can't believe how everyone was saying that 20K was a good offer - it was rubbish compared to Billy's 35K.

That said I would have definitely played on but the 44K was a tough one I'd have probably taken it but I'm not 100% sure.

he recovered it to some extent having the 10p at the end though but the bankers offers have been poor lately.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:43 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

i think the only reason for the 20k was because you could see stephen was bemused by having such a good board, the money must of meant alot.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:46 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Rockjack wrote:
i think the only reason for the 20k was because you could see stephen was bemused by having such a good board, the money must of meant alot.

Fair enough, it clearly tested him but was a stastitically bad time to deal because of the poorness of the offer. He could taken out the QM and still got a reasonable offer so should have gone on.

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:46 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

If he speaks 5 different languages (fluently?) he should be able to get a good job... he spoke in a way like he never has seen £20,000 in his life!

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:52 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

darn it. Cannot tell you how much i wanted Stephen to deal and have the biggie in the box.

EDIT: Hang on, he had box 3. Cannot tell you how much i wanted him to go to the end and reveal the 1p

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

daniel123 wrote:
darn it. Cannot tell you how much i wanted Stephen to deal and have the biggie in the box.

EDIT: Hang on, he had box 3. Cannot tell you how much i wanted him to go to the end and reveal the 1p

:shock:

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:07 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

daniel123 wrote:

What didn't you like about him?

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:07 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jon_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: Jon_    Post subject:

Stephen seemed really nice lad - good luck as 20,000 obviously meant a lot to him. While there are still blues on the board would be silly to carry on.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:30 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
I watched DOND for the first time in ages!!! Well I watched about 10 minutes of it, including the bit where he dealt...I couldn't believe that, for once even I would have turned down £20k. :o I missed the end but I'd have taken £44,400 and £4,400 is just the absolute worst offer EVER. Is the Banker in one of his *beep* periods again or something?

Oh and the fact that there are 4598748942982498 women on the wings is intensely annoying and makes me very glad I'm not watching anymore. (As does the fact that it looks like wakey's back...)

Edit: Hang on, Stephen speaks French, German, Spanish and Italian? That officially makes him the best person in the world. Awww I wish I'd seen the start as well now...

yeah the banker has been offering*beep* offers but they've been accepted so he must have done someting right.

And his start was quite good. If you haven't been watching you've missed good games but I'll only tell you about them if you want to know.

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:41 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

Jon_ wrote:
Stephen seemed really nice lad - good luck as 20,000 obviously meant a lot to him. While there are still blues on the board would be silly to carry on.

How is it? There is no way he would remove all reds in that one round and even then the odds of removing enough to make the offer go down are incredibly tiny. He would have to go all the way to the end to be guaranteed a blue and still then the chances of that are even more tiny. It was statistically silly to deal at that point, not silly to carry on! I haven't got the odds of total collapse on hand, i'm sure KP could post accurate ones.

East Wing Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:44 pm    Author: East Wing Stephen    Post subject:

Thanks Everyone for your messages - 20 k did mean a lot to me - and thats why a dealt - with hindsight I should have done one more deal but having seen Vicky's, Claire's, Lee's and James' games, turn around so quickly the 100k going scared me enough to get me out of the chair. B4 I went on the show I wanted to win 8k so 20k is a big bonus and I'm really happy with it.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:46 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

james_bwfc wrote:
Jon_ wrote:

How is it? There is no way he would remove all reds in that one round and even then the odds of removing enough to make the offer go down are incredibly tiny. He would have to go all the way to the end to be guaranteed a blue and still then the chances of that are even more tiny. It was statistically silly to deal at that point, not carry on! I haven't got the odds of collapse on hand, i'm sure KP could post accurate ones.

No it would be silly to carry on at all, 20K was poor for the baord. You could do reasonable damage e.g. take out the QM and possibly another P5 and still get a decent offer. If the offer was at least 30-35K then I would reccomend a deal being considered more.
Still Stephen's happy and 20K is a good result.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Eh. I think the quarter-million and one other from the top three would have sent the offer down.

Not sure what the probability of that is, but taking out the top two is 10.7% and taking out the £250k alone is 37.5% so it's probably around 20%. There was more than likely more in the game - and ultimately was - but at least Stephen played his own game, something too many don't (risk-takers or otherwise), and I suppose it's hats off to the Banker for spotting a weakness?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:50 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Eh. I think the quarter-million and one other from the top three would have sent the offer down.

Not sure what the probability of that is, but taking out the top two is 10.7% and taking out the £250k alone is 37.5% so it's probably around 20%. There was more than likely more in the game - and ultimately was - but at least Stephen played his own game, something too many don't (risk-takers or otherwise), and I suppose it's hats off to the Banker for spotting a weakness?

I'm saying that if you took out 50K and 250K you might still get an offer of say 15K because Chantelle was offered 17.5K with 3 blues + 35K +75K but that was in the banker's generous period so maybe you're right.

i wasn't saying you'd get a stick. i'm saying the likely drop in the offer would have been a calculated risk.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

East Wing Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:54 pm    Author: East Wing Stephen    Post subject:

My thought was if 250k top number was 75k, providing that didnt go to, Im very cautious but always think if the top 3 go, where would i be.....
75 k
would leave 35k
and best offer on that board, 9k??? maybe!!

So thats why I went and I had a niggling doubt the 10p was in my box - things were going so well, I thought if the 10p goes - its my day - it didnt - and ultimately I had 10p in my box

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:58 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

East Wing Stephen wrote:
My thought was if 250k top number was 75k, providing that didnt go to, Im very cautious but always think if the top 3 go, where would i be.....
75 k
would leave 35k
and best offer on that board, 9k??? maybe!!

So thats why I went and I had a niggling doubt the 10p was in my box - things were going so well, I thought if the 10p goes - its my day - it didnt - and ultimately I had 10p in my box

That's a fair point but you have to consider the actual possibility of taking out £250k, £75k and £50k which is very unlikely.

East Wing Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:00 pm    Author: East Wing Stephen    Post subject:

You're right, and I agree, but I was spooked by the 100k going, I thought my luck had changed, annie and I were really close and when she said deal, that was it, she was like my mum talking to me.

I love you annie!!

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]